National Louis University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Louis University Interview Questions

Interviews at National Louis University

2.5

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Louis University.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with 2 managers. HR person got in touch with basic information and then offer was made 2 weeks later. Relatively quick and easy process. No softball questions or anything too challenging.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions - tell us about a difficult situation with a student and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Louis University (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

You were first called on the phone by HR interview was about 15 minutes of standard questions. HR invited me to meet and Interview with director of admissions. After director of admissions you then meet with the director boss, but typically people who make it to that stage usually are going to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What has lead you to choose admissions advisor as a career   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Louis University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got an email about interview invitation and I visited the interviewer's office and had about 30-40minutes of conversation. I was questioned specifically about the contents on my resume and basically, I was explained about the program and about the things I need to expect once I start working.

Interview Questions

• How can I help students to engage during the class hours and encourage them to complete required assignments?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Louis University.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a video interview with the search committee after about 2 weeks. It was a screening interview and the questions were more at the macro level. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. They asked about my opinion on various educational issues (e.g. diversity) and there were no specific questions about my research and teaching experience.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Louis University (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. Everything is listed on their website. They have a sheet now that gives an idea or screenshot of what someone doing the job can expect. Apply online and follow the details exactly on the career website. It's pointless to try to call into the Human Resources department.

Interview Questions

• "What if" type questions were asked, but nothing was too out of the box   1 Answer

Negotiation

Talk to your manager about your salary considerations beforehand

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Louis University (Wheeling, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Worst interview I've ever been on; I was only interviewed as a courtesy to my boss and that was evident after and during the interview. The interviewers asked inappropriate and irrelevant questions. They even told me I was better suited for another department. The turnaround from the time that I applied to the time they contacted me to schedule the interview was quick - I would say this is the only positive thing I have to say about the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you do not like about the department you currently work in   2 Answers

Jan 27, 2016 – Director of Emloyment

Referrals from our employees are truly valued and appreciated as there is no greater testament to employee satisfaction than an employee referral! Thank you for taking the time to share your... More

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Louis University (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Looks like they haven't changed. The lack of professionalism is alarming. They had me come back 3 times, and each time I would see the other candidate I was against. Also, one of the VP had me waiting outside her office 15 minutes after our scheduled time and had the nerve to tell me she is pressed for time and we only had 20 min. I was rushed and she was rude. They told me that was the final round and sure enough emailed me 3 days later to tell me they have another interview round including a presentation that they wanted a lame powerpoint given to students. I don't know any young adult that likes a powerpoint. The directors are young and very very inexperienced. They are nervous talkers and you can hear there voices shaking. Even though I gave an excellent presentation and the students and I interacted beautifully I didn't get the position because they choose the younger candidate (I know this because I saw who she was). The director told me that I would hear back the next day, and she didn't contact me, three days later she made an excuse and said they will make a decision two days later and I should hear from her by the end of that day. Yes, you guessed it she did not. She finally cowardly sent an email the next day saying they chose the other candidate, but would like my permission to keep my resume on file because of my amazing experience. Who writes like that? Honestly, the only thing I am disappointed with is myself for not running away when I saw the unprofessionalism. The place is so disorganized. It is stale and cramped. Our first interview was in an electrical closet! Also, the pay is a joke for what they put candidates through. They are trying real hard to be like the more respected universities, but in order to achieve that you have to act professional like them. Everything happens for a reason, luckily I was offered a position the next day at a more prestigious university where my talents will be appreciated. Thanks NLU for showing me what I don't want in a employer.

Interview Questions

National Louis University Response

Nov 2, 2017 – Sr HR Generalist

The process of hiring employees is not a decision we take lightly at National Louis University. Every effort is made to find qualified candidates who can be successful in the position, and in this... More

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Louis University (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Traditional process - experienced a phone interview, then in-person group interview, then job offer. The whole process moved quite quickly. The interview was quite informal, but the questions asked were not particularly easy.

Associate Director Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Louis University in December 2018.

Interview

Phone interview then two in person interviews. I traveled to two different locations to meet with the entire HR team. They lacked the courtesy to follow up with a rejection.

Interview Questions

National Louis University Response

Feb 1, 2019 – HR Generalist/Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and bringing your experience to our attention. Feedback like yours will help us improve our work and processes. We strive to give every candidate the... More

Assistant Professor (Non-tenure) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Louis University in November 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of me giving a presentation, then one on one interviews with the Dean and Provost. After the interview it took three months for the HR department to make a decision regarding my status. I was told that the department was undergoing leadership changes and would get back to me. This process was unnecessarily long considering they did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you help prepare teachers to work in an urban school?   Answer Question