National Parks Conservation Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Parks Conservation Association

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Parks Conservation Association

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Parks Conservation Association.

Interview

Originally saw the job posting on my school's job site. Phone interview with two employees, learned a lot about the organization and the position. Left the interview feeling good, thanks to the courtesy of my interviewers. I ultimately couldn't accept the position, but overall positive application process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Parks Conservation Association in June 2013.

Interview

Was referred by a friend who had to decline their offer a few weeks before they wanted the position filled. Sent resume directly to coordinator and an interview was set up with them and my future supervisors.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Parks Conservation Association.

Interview

Had an HR phone interview and then a phone interview with future supervisor. Both interviewers were very pleasant and kind. The HR interviewer had set questions to ask about my experience but didn't have expertise or knowledge in my field.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Parks Conservation Association (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screening with HR (15 - 30 min.) . Phone or in person interview with director/supervisor (30- 60 min.). Group interview (45-60 min). The background check can take up to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker:
      Can you tell me a little about yourself?
      How did you hear about the position?
      Why are you interested?   Answer Question
    • Strength/weakness question:
      What are your greatest professional strengths
      What is your greatest professional achievement?
      Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Project Management questions:
      Methods for following through on projects and details.
      Describe steps while planning a project (mail merge)   Answer Question
    • Communication question:
      What is your communication style?
      How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • What type of work environment do you prefer?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Parks Conservation Association.

Interview

The first step is a phone screen, which is about 30 minutes, and then the hiring manager chooses among those who pass the phone screen who they want to interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Parks Conservation Association.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR person, then two in-person interviews. One with the would-be supervisor and another colleague and the second with a four-person panel. Everyone I met was very friendly and hospitable. My main problem with the interview process was that the HR person never bothered to tell me whether or not I got the job, even after I followed up her. When you promise to follow up with a candidate by a specific date, have the common courtesy to let that person know one way or the other after they've invested time and money in the process for two months.

Interview Questions

• It felt more like a conversation, but questions were along the lines of 1. How do you work with a colleagues that may not get back to you? 2. What's the biggest grant you've brought in? 3. How do you stay organized? 4. What's your work style?   Answer Question