National Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

process was little tough, and the progress of the process was little faster than others.

Interview Questions

• hash code algorithm was asked.   1 Answer

multiple offers.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a telephonic interview - usual stuff. The onsite interview consisted of few rounds of technical interview and hr discussion session. The technical session was quite helpful and the interviewers were friendly and open to discussion. The HR discussion mostly revolved around the benefits offered by the company.

Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked which courses I had covered at University. Which ones I enjoyed the most and why. Which ones made me think for myself.

Interview Questions

• I had to give specifics of electronic components and processes that I had covered in power electronics.   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (El Paso, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

i had a phone interview followed by a panel interview

Interview Questions

didnt like the company culture

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I got a call and there were two interviewers
    They started with asking me questions about my career and about my self.
    Then they asked me when can I start.
    Then technical questions-OOPS concepts...all possible...inheritance, encapsulation, etc..What is interface..and some more of OOPS questions.
    Some database questions...basics.
    Where do u see urself 5 years from now.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the school job site, and they called to schedule an interview on campus. It was a one on one interview with just the basic questions, how do you handle conflict? was there a time where you were reprimanded for you actions that you thought were correct? Half of the time we were chatting about personal life, and he didn't ask anything financially related at all. It lasted about 20 minutes, and he was very friendly.

He explained that this was not a high hour job, and that he had plenty of time away from work. He also said
    that it is a pretty relaxed environment and the coworkers are very friendly and like to hang out outside of work.

The position was actually a rotation, which was not stated in the job description. He said that you will have a balance between working with people and working in excel.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you were reprimanded for an action in the workplace that you thought was correct? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two rounds of on-site interviews. First round of on-site interview took almost two hours. I met 4-5 people in the company. The interview went pretty well. Later was called to meet another person in the company. This time it was only for 30 mins.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I met with 6 people and each one interviewed me for 1 hour. During lunch hours, the manager took me out to lunch and we chatted more. It's a pretty intensive interview and I'm still waiting for their call.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The process is an extremely typical one. It starts off with a phone screen and then proceeds with an on-site interview. This position had seven other candidates interview on-site. Started off with a brief introduction from the hiring manager. Then, there was a rotation of three different one-on-one interviews. Depending on the interviewer, the technical questions ranged from easy to slightly difficult - all basic analog questions. Some examples include: op-amp gain, simple circuit analysis, capacitor circuits, constructing filters, etc. Interviewers asked about previous work experiences and projects. Not the most difficult interview; however, the group only hired one (the candidate who had a MSEE).

Interview Questions

• Derive the gain equation for a basic non-inverting op-amp.   1 Answer

Interview

Interview Questions

• Strategy equals execution. All the great ideas and visions in the world are worthless if they can’t be implemented rapidly and efficiently. Good leaders delegate and empower others liberally, But they pay attention to details, every day.   Answer Question