Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nationwide Building Society

2.9

Sort:

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Northampton, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Competency based interview process where you are asked to highlight certain career aspects using the STAR system (Scenario Task Action Result). These questions will ask you about subjects like innovation, leadership, meeting deadlines and prioritisation. Make sure you are prepared with a few examples as there are 2 sets of questions per category which are worded differently.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time where you have had to complete a piece of work within an agreed timeframe.   Answer Question

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted via Linked in and after a telephone conversation an interview was arranged within 2 weeks. Interview pack was sent detailing what to expect from the interview and what they expected etc

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions... Name a time when you did X? Describe an example of etc. One scenario based question What would you do if...? And a couple of technical questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Nationwide Building Society website. I was required to answer three questions on the application form and upload my CV alongside personal details.

I was invited to complete online psychometric tests (numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning) supplied by SHL.

A week later I was informed that I had been invited to the final stage of the application process, which was a competency based interview and case study. The email invite contained five competencies that I would be questioned on during the interview. At the interview I had 20 minutes to answer two questions and then present my answers to the interviewers. The interview lasted an hour and I received an offer a week and a half later.

The overall experience from application closing date to job offer was one month.

Interview Questions

• I was tested on five competencies which stem from Nationwide's behaviours.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by face to face competency interview incorporating PRIDE question which is the Nationwide culture id advise to use a relevent one to the role. Mine was doing the right thing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time you influenced change in your team   1 Answer

Assistant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on NHS job application portal and called interview after 4 weeks. 10 min Excel exam and interview. I was asked about how I can improve current department processes. I have asked situation questions and my previous work experiences.

IT Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in October 2009.

Interview

I was given a task in advance to write a 300 word article on a given subject.
    Additionally, I was given some information based on which i had to create a presentation which I had to give during the interview.
    Other than that, the typical kind of interview questions you find everywhere on the internet ("why do you want to work for NBS?", "What assets do you bring to the company" etc.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted via Linkedin for role from internal recruiter. Following this contact was maintained with recruiter who setup interview with Senior Manager and relevant Group Head of Audit.
    Interview was held in Swindon and process was primarily competency based, with written and verbal scenarios.

Interview Questions

• competency based questions relevant to role in addition to spelling and grammar exercise and an audit based scenario   Answer Question

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response after 2-3 weeks requesting me to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Circa 2 weeks later was invited for an interview. In the interview they asked many questions about my background related to the position. Afterwards, they said they would get back to me in a few days. So, I sent an email a week later. No response. Then I called after 2 weeks and they said they would call me back the next day. No response. So, I called after 3 weeks. Again, they said they would call me back. No response. Finally, after 1 month they sent a standard template HR email that they send to people who don't make the first round of interviews. So, it was disappointing how the follow-up was handled.

Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online via company website. Had a quick telephone interview with internal recruitment team. I was then sent a link to complete a IQ test and online maths test. Was then asked to a formal interview with 2 members of staff. Competency based interview. Was then asked to a second interview which was more informal, met the team, tour of the building etc

Mortgage Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role of a Mortgage Administrator through Office Angels Recruitment Agency. The process was very straight forward. Once I'd applied, about a week or so later a Recruitment Consultant from Office Angels arranged for an interview with them, just to go through my CV, tell me about the role and get copies of my passport etc. This was very informal. About a week later I had an interview at Nationwide. This was in a room with two people, one woman asking questions and the other writing notes. I found this more formal than I thought, because the Recruitment Consultant at Office Angels made out to me that it was quite informal. The girl interviewing said the interview should take around 40 minutes, and I swear I was finished by 10 minutes. I thought I'd blown it, however I was lucky enough to be successful, and the Recruitment Consultant at Nationwide phoned me the same day to say I have been offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Competency based.

1. Tell me about a time you resolved a problem
      2. Tell us about the biggest change that you have had to deal with. How did you cope with it?
      3. Tell me about a time when you showed integrity and professionalism?   Answer Question