Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Waste of time!

I turned up and the reception staff were friendly but robotic.

The interview lasted less than 10 mins.

The interviewer did not stand up when I entered the room, did not great and seemed unprofessional.

There was no warm up, such as "Did you get here ok" or how are you. Not even an introduction to who they were.

I asked them more questions.

I did not get an offer due to being over experienced. YOU HAD MY CV SO WHY WASTE MY TIME!

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

A presentation about what the job was about, then a short 1-2-1 interview where you would either be invited for a second interview. The second interview was with 2 people and was about how would one approach different situations, and a role play interview

Interview Questions

• General questions about delivering customer service to clients   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process took around a month. I skipped the phone interview stage and received an invitation to have a 1-2-1 interview with manager. At the arrival the branch manager there were a few other candidates and we had a 5 min presentation about Nationwide. Then I had the interview with the manager and it all went well, she asked me a few questions about myself just to find out my previous experiences and skills. 2 weeks later I was invited for the 3rd and last stage of the interview, where I had to present one of Nationwide's product. I choose to present the Help to Buy Equity loan for first time buyers. I was interviewed by the Branch manager and the region manager. The interview went really well, smiles and nods throughout my presentation and the region manager said "brilliant" a couple of times after my answers. When they felt I was not specific enough they would ask more about the example. Next day in the morning, I received an email stating that I was not successful because I did not use the STAR approach enough ( only fault).
    The interview went great and I feel as though that response it is not valid because they asked for more information when needed and I used the STAR approach.
    What I will say is that I am African and I believe these jobs do discriminate against people and they are looking for a certain type of person. How many people do you see working in a Bank? Exactly my point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were overloaded with work and had to meet deadlines?

Tell me about a time you had to work within guidelines and rules?

(after presenting my product ) - Tell me what is the best feature about this product and how would you make sure that this product is suitable for the customer?

Knowing that this product is suitable for the customer how would you try to sell it without sounding too persuasive?   Answer Question

Product Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Easy, nice people, quick response. Interview was only about an hour and they told me the same day. I was very junior at the time but i liked the people.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an onlime test first. This was followed by a telephone interview where they asked me a couple of questions about why I wanted the job. Then there was a face to face interview in the branch where I was asked to present a product, and then was asked a variety of questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you have gone the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Firstly I filled out an application online to show my interest.
    I then received an invitation to attend a recruitment evening at my local branch where I had quite an informal chat with the Branch manager as he went through my CV and wanted to learn a bit about myself.
    I was then told if they thought I could be suitable for the role I would then be invited back for a more formal interview with the Branch manager again and the customer service manager.
    I luckily was invited back for the second interview where you have to prepare a to talk about one of their products ( I chose the flex plus account ). Along with answering some competency questions.
    I received a phone call the same day to say I'd got the job!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have done something for someone and exceeded their expectations.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you built a relationship with a difficult customer or colleague.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you followed procedures or guidelines.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on line, then an online test, after this I received a text message telling me that I was going to receive a call for a telephone Interview. The lady was very kind, the interview lasted 5/10 minutes and it was straight forward customer service skills and why Nationwide. Straight away I was told I was successful and they would like to see me in the branch for an interview, I was sent an email telling me what to prepare. The day of the interview I was seen by two managers, they were friendly and approachable, the interview was based on competences i.e: tell me a time when you adapted your working style to work as a part of a team,etc, and also customer service experiences. You also have to talk about one product of their portfolio. I was called next day with an offer!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you took on more work that you had to and how did you do it without interfering with your actual job.   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a link to do an online assessment. I passed and I was invited to a recruitment evening (Be prepared to be assessed- they ask several questions). I was then invited to a face to face interview with 2 branch managers. You will be asked to prepare a 5 minutes talk about any of Nationwide's products or services. After which they asked follow up questions. I enjoyed the interview as the managers where friendly and so that made me calm. I was myself through out the interview. Once you do your research well and you prepare yourself you will be fine.

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked about why nationwide, what competencies good to make a good fit. also they asked about times when you had to worjk as a team to achieve goals that are set oout

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

telephone interview, assessment centre, second interview. Long gaps between application stages and I didn't get a second interview but they told us we would be told in 24 hours and to keep diaries free for a second interview but then sent rejections over two days later which felt unprofessional and discourteous. Interviewers pleasant and polite and the environment professional. Materials were clear what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Standard what makes you suitable, why nationwide, what's your leadership style. Assessment centre was written case study followed by group exercise with other candidates. Case study looked at business problem and write one page presentation which was handed in, not verbally presented. Group Exercise was material to assess and then decide as a group how to present.   1 Answer