Naturescape Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Naturescape

Lawncare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muskego, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Naturescape (Muskego, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Fill out app. Single interview, 1 person. some math on app. They were late to the interview. Did not ask a lot of questions. Probably should have. Did not describe job correctly. I said i didnt want time limits, or to be doing mass lawns. I wanted to take care of people. They do mass lawns for money.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naturescape.

Interview

Filled out application online, got called to come in and fill out a application and interview. Filled out basic application on site and had to fill out a short "quiz" involving math problems such as, you use 10oz of chemical per for 40oz of water, how much chemical in 400 ounces of water. About 10 questions like that

Interview Questions

• Honestly normal questions. Why us? Why should we pick you. Ect   Answer Question

Lawncare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Naturescape (Madison, WI).

Interview

I submitted an application and was soon afterwards called in for an interview, which included an in-person interview as well as a short written evaluation. Within the next day or two I was called to start work. From application to showing up for work was, if I remember correctly, less than a week's time. A few days later, I had to take a drug test and pass state pesticide applicator testing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Naturescape.

Interview

Emailed me to set up interview. Very unprofessional interview. Didn't have anything ready, forgot what the salary of the job even was. I know he had my resume, but asked me absolutely nothing about my previous experience. Basically just asked me if i could handle a large volume of phone calls and angry customers. Was only about a 10 minute interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudsonville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Naturescape (Hudsonville, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an "interview". I was not asked a single "interview" question. It was actually just a meeting with the Regional office administrator and the Manager of the location. They told me about the company and went over what the job involved. I was told I would be called within 2 days for a 2nd interview. I never received a call. It would have been nice to be notified that they decided to go with other candidates. Seems like a good company overall.

Interview Questions

• After telling me about the company and what my job would entail, I was only asked if that would be something that I would be interested in.   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Naturescape (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Video interview with 3 VP's in the corporate office. I was able to explain why I was best suited for this position and how I could step in and make a positive difference in this region.

Interview Questions

• What do you struggle with most when managing employees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Naturescape (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2018.

Interview

The overall interview process was very pleasant and laid back. I was asked to come in for 3 interviews in one week. Everyone at the location I was interviewing at were very nice and positive and they seemed to want to move fairly quickly in getting someone hired. I was all but officially offered the position, contingent on the results of my drug screen and background check. I was a little surprised at the consent form I had to sign to agree to background check as it made me feel as if I was applying for a position at the FBI! I had to agree to not just a standard drug screen and background check (which I had no problem with) but also that I was agreeing to let them call any former employers and ask in great detail about my performance, credit check, even permission for them to call neighbors to inquire about my lifestyle as a whole. I was notified and could access the background check and all that was on it was a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge, from 6 years ago- no jail time, I completed all requirements to satisfy the court. It was considered a "crime," but not a "felony." So I didn't hear as soon as I had anticipated (which actually worked out to my advantage because on the Friday I did the drug screen (which I had no question would come back negative) I was interviewing for a different position with a different company that I was interested in more than this position with Naturescape. The other company that was my first choice called the following Wednesday and offered me the position which I accepted right away. So it worked out well that I didn't hear from Naturescape sooner that I anticipated because if Naturescape had offered me a solid offer before I received one from the other company I would've accepted the offer from Naturescape but was fully prepared to withdraw my acceptance if then offered the other position I really wanted more, but would've felt bad doing so as they were very nice in that particular location. I received a call from them on Thursday telling me they couldn't extend an offer because corporate told them they couldn't because of the disorderly conduct charge. I find it very unprofessional and borderline in violation of EEOC guidelines that I was not contacted and given the opportunity to explain the disorderly conduct charge as that is just about the broadest charges in the legal system and in my case had nothing to do with the job requirements. I was extremely taken aback that I wasn't given this opportunity given how well the interviews went. Again I feel this is a corporate issue, and I thought it was very nice of the manager of the location I was interviewing at to call me and follow-up and let me know that was the reason. In my case it actually worked out 100% in my favor as I didn't have to worry about accepting an offer and withdrawing it as I was offered and accepted the job I wanted more with higher pay and better benefits and opportunity for advancement. I just wanted to warn anyone else considering applying with Naturescape that you apparently have to have an absolutely clean record regardless of how long ago any violation was and that you will not be given the opportunity to even explain the situation regarding the charge and how it doesn't relate to the position you are pursuing. The omission of the chance to refute or explain the charge is considered unethical and discriminatory in every article I have read on this subject, especially with such a broad charge as mine as disorderly conduct as well as considering the amount of time that had passed and the employment I successfully obtained between satisfying the charge and interviewing for this position. Also, was told right from the start that there is really no opportunity for advancement with this position. As well, was told especially for new employees, corporate randomly listens in to customer calls, often towards the end of the call and while you have already told the customer the correct information, corporate without knowing what was all said before they began listening in, is whispering in one ear to do something incorrect and that contradicts the correct information you have already relayed to the customer so you then have to continue the conversation with the customer in the other ear and do what corporate tells you to, including pressure to up sell services even when incorrect or inappropriate for the situation. I have no problem with corporate monitoring calls to make sure you are doing your job correctly and giving out correct information, but if they do, they should listen in from the beginning instead of towards the middle or end of interaction without knowing the full story.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience dealing with difficult customers or customers unhappy and calling with complaints?   Answer Question