Neato Robotics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Neato Robotics

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neato Robotics (Newark, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not long, less than a month. I had two phone interviews that were not hard. Then I had an on-site interview with four different people. The first person was a director who mostly asked high level robotics questions. Then two programmers came and asked some coding questions. At the end the manager interviewed me with some HR questions.

Interview Questions

• The topics of questions were about C++ Pointers, an easy program to print something on screen, few questions about sensors and EKF.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neato Robotics.

Interview

First talked with the recruiter, some technical questions and the usual background information. Was interviewed in person shortly after. Started in the morning and met with most of the team I would be working with. Everyone seemed like they would be good to work with. Each asked different technical questions, but it was not done in a high-pressure fashion. There was one 'write it out' coding question which was well-guided and the appropriate type of question for an interview. Provided lunch on-site, basically a full day interview. They were quick to respond after the interview.

Interview Questions

• To describe the mechanics of the product and a breakdown to components.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neato Robotics in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with a contract recruiter, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with approximately 6 people, 2 of which were engineers that I would be working with directly, split into 5 sessions. The on-site interview was approximately 4 hours, split between two days due to schedule conflicts. Technical questions were relevant , but not high pressure or especially difficult for anyone familiar with robotics software development.

Interview Questions

• An open-ended question, consisting of a short block of C-code and asked to identify any problems and to offer as many different ways to address them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Here's an offer, let us know in 3 days.

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neato Robotics.

Interview

This position is for people who have a great deal of interest in robotics and robotic systems. I completed my first technical interview yesterday with the Director of Software Engineering. I was asked about my AI experience, my projects, AI techniques that I have used in my projects. I was asked to explain what SLAM (particle SLAM in particular) and fuzzy logic are. The interviewer said that the description of the position was a little old and now they are looking for people who can work completely in robotics.

Another interview would be scheduled sometime soon where my Algorithms and Mathematics knowledge would be tested.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Can you explain SLAM?   Answer Question