Netskope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Netskope

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Altos, CA).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter and was emailed about an opportunity following that talk. Met on site for an interview and had 3-4 hours of technical questions. The interview was standard and everything was fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netskope.

Interview

I had a 1 hour technical interview via phone/remote coding. The interviewer didn't offer much hints and took a phone call while we were interviewing. They didn't seem to care about the process at all. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Write two functions that reverse a string in different ways. (Any language)   1 Answer
    • You have 25 horses but only a single 5 lane race track. Only 5 horses can race at any time. You don't have a timer or other measurement tools. How many races do you need to run to find the fastest top 3 horses?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Altos, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the company's site. Received their response in couple of days.
    1st technical phone interview arranged after an initial conversation with HR department.
    onsite interview arranged after passing the phone technical interview.
    The entire interview process was efficient.

Thanks to the HR department for arranging the interviews for me and thanks to the team for taking the time to interview me.

However, a bit disappointed about the professional manner at the last step. I think it would be better to spend about 2 - 3 minutes (you may already have the email template for that, so only need to change the candidate's name and job title) to reply candidate's follow up email to let them know your decision instead of ghosting them .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Visited the stall at University Career Fair. Talked to an engineer, was a good technical discussion. He went through my resume and offered me an on-campus interview the same day. The interviewers were very friendly. The interview was not technical though, just some analytical puzzles to test basic logic. Was told after the interview that my application will be forwarded to the software engineering team and they will reach out to me in few days to let me know if there is any opening that matches my profile.

Interview Questions

• Find one coin that is heavy/light out of 9 coins given to you. You need to do this using a Pan Balance for the minimum possible times.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netskope (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied by reaching out a University Recruiting Specialist.

She carefully assessed my profile, relevant work, and arranged a call with a member of technical staff which was my first interview.
    He (a very humble interviewer) questioned to assess my technical knowledge and asked my background to measure my skills. It was moderate to a little tough, which required precise answers.

The next round was a programming assessment which took place on a phone call and a collaborative programming environment. The interviewer asked cutting edge and questions that would test my logical ability. He was quite motivating and guided me where I missed something.

The University Recruiting Specialist coordinated thoroughly and guided me at all steps in documentation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Altos, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially, I had a phone interview with one of the software engineers working at Netskope. This interview was primarily focused on gauging my technical skills and interests. Additionally, it was for me to ask any questions I had about the company. After this, I did an on-site interview that lasted about an hour or so. My interviewers were both very friendly and made sure I was relaxed the whole way through.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was how to reverse a string word by word, using as small space and time complexity as possible.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Altos, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One phone screen followed by 6 rounds of interviews over 2 days.
    Talked to total of 7 people. Technical interviews to test programming skills and discussion or prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• C Programming involving data structures and algorithms.
      1. find the deepest node in the binary tree
      2. given a set of 1M numbers, generate a random number each time in constant time.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Altos, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online from a job posting on glass door. Got a call from the recruiter. Very nice and quick turn around time. I was set up for a technical phone screen with the hiring manager.
    A short conversation about skills and projects, nothing too technical.
    I was given an online coding assessment and 24hrs to complete it.
    I was invited on-site for a half day of interviews with about 4 team members.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement autocomplete (UNIX) , given the restriction that all commands use characters lowercase a-z and the maximum length of a command is 50 characters.   Answer Question
    • You are given a large set of log files ( more than a couple of million). each line in the file starts with a time stamp. The lines in the files are written in the order they are received (time stamp sorted) Given a start time and end time, retrieve all messages in that time range from all files.   1 Answer
    • design a data structure to store and retrieve employee information in a company. each employee can have multiple direct reports and multiple managers.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Netskope (Los Altos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Netskope by a staffing service. I was interviewed by the manager by phone, then asked to come in for an on-site. I interviewed with my manager, as well as three team members to evaluate culture fit. I received an offer the following day, the entire process took under one week.

Interview Questions

• In a row of ants matching through the forrest, which ant are you?   Answer Question
    • What is your spirit animal?   Answer Question
    • Would you prefer a 10% chance at a million dollars, or a 90% chance of 10,000 dollars?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netskope in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the hiring manager for a second round interview, and I thought the interview went well. In reality, the interviewer ended up wasting both his and my time. After he asked his questions, I asked him a final question of "How do we proceed from here?". He mentioned that I was one of the candidates lower down the list due to my lack of experience in the networking field. In the end, that meant a no, but what I do not appreciate is that if he knew that I did not have experience in the networking industry, then why did he bother to waste both his and my time. He should have known that most fresh college graduates are not going to have much networking experience to begin with. Lastly, the hiring manager had a very pretentious vibe to himself, and in the end I am glad that I am not working for someone like you.

Interview Questions

• In a line of ants, which ant are you and why?
      What is your spirit animal?   Answer Question