New Balance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Balance Interview Questions

Interviews at New Balance

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Balance in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call back from a recruiter. The recruiter encouraged me to visit the location I applied for to get a sense of it, and then set up an in-person sit down with the Area Manager. The last step in the process was a phone interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is done through the recruiter for all management associates. Don't be afraid to counter-offer!

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Balance (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews are always held one on one. The questions they ask are pretty basic, mainly based around behavioral situations. After the interview it takes about no more than a week to get back to you letting you know whether or not you have the job.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Balance (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and the connection was awful. I thought i was on the speakerphone the whole time. It lasted about 25 min. Questions were not really difficult and junior developer should get a job easily.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New Balance (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got in contact with the HR manager. After some confirmation emails/phone calls with HR manager, I had a one on one Phone interview with the design director to confirm the role expectations. From there it was a matter on confirming the schedule, coordinating temporary housing and purchasing plane tickets.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Balance in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, was contacted for an interview. Interviewed for 30 min. My future bosses were very friendly and the interview was somewhat informal compared to other interviews I had had in the past. I can't remember all of the details now as it was months ago.

Interview Questions

• How I had handled difficult group situations in the past?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Balance (Brighton, MA).

Interview

Interview process was dynamic and well received. Synergies definitely were present. Just disappointed in the follow up process. Interviewed with Recruiting Manager and never formally reached back out to close the loop or provide a status. As a manager - one should reach back out to close the loop. Never heard a peep.

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Balance (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Laid back conversation with hiring manager who clearly wanted to hire someone who would be happy in this job. He asked thoughtful questions about SEO, and knew how important it would be to the company to have a team focused on this important sales generating channel. They want someone who can do both strategy - short and long-term - as well as the everyday optimizations, which made the salary seem unrealistic.

I was only disappointed by the salary limit of 115K. Upon hearing their expectations for this job, it is clear that this position will have astronomical benefits to the company, and they should at least pay market rate for what they are asking this person to accomplish themselves for the first year and then with a team in year two. The written description describes a 115K job, but what the company wants and what the hiring manager described to me is more in line with a director salary of at least 135K+. Unfortunately, I has to myself from consideration for personal reasons, but I would have totally taken this job if I could have - but I would have spoken up with their unrealistic salary limits knowing that subsequent hires of less than 5 years experience expect 90K, and NB doesn't realize market rate for the different types of SEO positions.

Interview Questions

• Who would be your first hire if we expanded the team?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Balance.

Interview

Was called a week after I put in my application. Met with the store manager, fairly informal interview, he knew I had the qualifications for the job he just wanted to know a little bit more about me. He gave the district manager my number in order to have a phone interview. Fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a supervisor and yourself did not agree on something and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New Balance (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview with HR that found me on linked in. I emailed her my resume after. If I am chosen the next stage would be to have a call with the senior technical manager to discuss the position in more detail.

Interview Questions

• What would be the timeline for you re-locating to Boston?   1 Answer

Global Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New Balance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

In-person interview, very conversational, took about an hour. First met with HR recruiter and explained why I was interested in position/ why I was a good fit. Then met with 3 members of the marketing team for about 20-30 each. Discussed my general knowledge of the industry and brand, relevant experience from my resume and personal questions to see if I was a good match culturally for the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ideal Saturday morning?   1 Answer