New Balance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Balance Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Balance.

Interview

It's an individual interview with management. Sometimes (depending on the individual store) they'll have several employees as well as management speak with you to see if you're a good fit for the company/store. If they like you, they'll give you an offer and after that they submit the background check. Sometimes this process takes an unnecessarily long time. We had applicants accept other offers while they were waiting on their background check. That's the one think I would change about the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you've encountered in a previous position.   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Balance (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Laid back conversation with hiring manager who clearly wanted to hire someone who would be happy in this job. He asked thoughtful questions about SEO, and knew how important it would be to the company to have a team focused on this important sales generating channel. They want someone who can do both strategy - short and long-term - as well as the everyday optimizations, which made the salary seem unrealistic.

I was only disappointed by the salary limit of 115K. Upon hearing their expectations for this job, it is clear that this position will have astronomical benefits to the company, and they should at least pay market rate for what they are asking this person to accomplish themselves for the first year and then with a team in year two. The written description describes a 115K job, but what the company wants and what the hiring manager described to me is more in line with a director salary of at least 135K+. Unfortunately, I has to myself from consideration for personal reasons, but I would have totally taken this job if I could have - but I would have spoken up with their unrealistic salary limits knowing that subsequent hires of less than 5 years experience expect 90K, and NB doesn't realize market rate for the different types of SEO positions.

Interview Questions

• Who would be your first hire if we expanded the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Balance (Lawrence, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process started with a brief over the phone interview. It then went to an onsite interview at the facility in Lawrence. There I spoke to a few different people in the department and toured the facility.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Balance in January 2017.

Interview

Simple and enjoyable. I applied online, one week later they called me in for a 30 minute interview with a manager. He asked what I knew about New Balance, and what I would bring to the team.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Balance (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and the connection was awful. I thought i was on the speakerphone the whole time. It lasted about 25 min. Questions were not really difficult and junior developer should get a job easily.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New Balance in October 2016.

Interview

Had about 4 interviews within a two week span. Hiring team was really sweet and did not lead me on in anyway of actually getting a position. They actually called me to tell me I did not get the position which I fully respect out of a company. Most people just don't answer you back. They hired internally.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Balance (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews are always held one on one. The questions they ask are pretty basic, mainly based around behavioral situations. After the interview it takes about no more than a week to get back to you letting you know whether or not you have the job.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Balance (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty short and easy (keep in mind I was only working for the summer). I wore a button up shirt, black jeans, and New Balance shoes. I was hired on the spot and then waited a few days while they did the background check before starting work.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about New Balance?   1 Answer

Retail Intelligence Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortland, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New Balance (Cortland, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email about an video conference interview the next day. Scheduled the interview for the following day and took about 20 minutes to complete. It was for a 10 month program that would have required for me to relocate and only took place on the weekends. Not exactly the easiest schedule to work around, and they were strict about hour flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Is this the industry/company that you see yourself having a career in the future with?   1 Answer
    • Can you commit to working about 30 hours from thursday to sunday for 10 months? and relocate?   1 Answer
    • Do you own anything New Balance?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New Balance.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter than in person interview with two district managers. Took a while between the initial phone interview with no correspondence. The recruiter called about 2 weeks after the initial phone interview hoping I could do the in person interview that day otherwise there would not be another opportunity. Obviously this was a bit strange, did not have much time to prepare for the interview. Interview overall seemed like they were searching for competitor information.