New York Blood Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Blood Center Interview Questions

1.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called by the individual that I would be reporting to and he was very quick to make sure that I understood that the role would be challenging. Once I explained that I was capable of handling the responsibility, an onsite interview with scheduled. The individual didn't take any time to ask questions about my background, work or current employment status.

During the 1st onsite interview, I met with the person who called me. Once again, there were no questions about my work experience, my management history, my strengths or shortcomings. Instead it was filled with the same lines that I had heard over the phone; that the role was going to be challenging and they needed someone who could handle the load. Again, I explained that I felt capable of stepping up to the challenge.

On the 2nd onsite interview, I was introduced to the VP of HR and the interview was far more cordial. Her questions were engaging and relevant to my experience and she took time to speak with me about the responsibilities, the perks and the culture; all concepts that the first interviewer failed to discuss.

That was my last encounter from the New York Blood Center. I never got a call saying 'thank you for your time but we're going with someone else'. They're unprofessional behavior carried them all through this interview process. It's clear that the Talent Acquisition/HR lacks organization and leadership. I hope whoever got this role has the patience to work in such a chaotic atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can handle this work?   1 Answer

Immunohematologists Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (Long Island City, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was smooth and comprehensive, and all questions asked were that position-specific, I feel comfortable to answer all that questions from best of my professional experience and knowledge. I met with the administrator director first, then the technical director and manager afterwards, they are very professional and polite about how I prepare this position, but unfortunately, I never hear them back! I did feel that the position is quite fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job flow?   1 Answer

Interview

I had to enter an application to HR, which took about 5 days to get back to me. I then had a phone interview with a talent recruiter, then an in person interview with the director of collections. I was then emailed and told that I had receiver the position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work in the non profit industry for a company that is manufacturing a biologic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process of salary was established at the very beginning. An hourly pay

Account Manager Interview

Interview

First in line...gets the job.

Interview Questions

• There was no vetting...got the job offer because I was the first one to apply   Answer Question

No money...just the promise of money.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Blood Center.

Interview

Very easy. They were mostly telling me about the position and its mission. I met with three different staff members including the VP. Just prepare for this interview and make sure you ask really good questions about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult just questions about my experience and my knowledge about the position.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (Westbury, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was quick. As soon as you get the necessary paperwork in order, you should hear from then within the week. Questions are straightforward, nothing to complicated.

Information Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

need to take two days off from work. I met up to six people, two of which were ad hoc.

Interview Questions

• was reporting to another manager in a position that was basically a conflict of interest.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (Westbury, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Called in for initial interview. Second interview had to make a presentation to a group.
    Offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

HLA Laboratory Technologist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

You get a call from HR for a 1:1 interview and if you pass it you get to be interviewed by the Manager the following week. If everything goes well then you get a 3rd interview with HR which is when they'll discuss and offer the job to you. As for interview questions they ask something like: describe yourself, strengths/weaknesses, describe a difficult work situation and how you positively handled it etc

Interview Questions

• i think behavioral questions are the most difficult which you need to prepare yourself for.   Answer Question

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Blood Center (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview with HR followed by interview with lab director and manager

Interview Questions

• Mostly not difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company was not willing to negotiate