New York Yankees Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Yankees Interview Questions

2.2

Junior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Yankees (Bronx, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a call from the hiring manager and had a quick chat about what I want to do. Called me in for a face to face at Yankee stadium. It was a group interview, I expected to be there for no more than 2 hours but was there for nearly 7. Started with a group interview, very informal just conversational, then we went to lunch with some sales reps. After lunch we shadowed other reps for a while and sat down with other sales managers. They claimed that they wanted to fill the position as quickly as possible but I didn't hear back for a month and a half and I never heard back on several emails I sent to the hiring manager. All employees I spoke to seemed generally nice and fun, however I was very unimpressed by the organization.

Guest Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Yankees (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a slightly long process from beginning to end. There was multiple rounds of interviews and group activities to see how you work with people. The questions weren't difficult at all, just a lot of personality questions and hypothetical situations to see how you would deal with it.

Interview Questions

• They asked to go more into depth about some things on your resume, as well as a few hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Youth Development Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York Yankees (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, It took about six months from start to finish discussing different theories and fundamentals. The process and interviewers were very professional and a pleasure to talk to. I dealt with ex ballplayers and enjoyed the conversation over a coarse of one skype interview , three phone interviews and various email conversations.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach while teaching the game of baseball to youths?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Yankees (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview at the store. Was a one on one with the manager. Manager was easy going and created a comfortable environment, Very easy interview.

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Yankees (Bronx, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email requesting a face to face interview within a week and a half. You entered through the lobby at Gate 2 and were walked to one of the suites for the interview. Its a long way past all kinds of pictures that honor the Yankees history. It was a little intimidating because it reminded you of how much history and tradition you were trying to become a part of.

Face to face interviews were fairly short but divided between two groups of two interviewers. The first group included two of the high level employees of the organization while the second group included two of the manager type people who would actually supervise you if you were chosen. Everyone was super friendly. Their questions were direct and nothing jumped out at me as being out of the ordinary for the type of position I was applying for.

The next day I got an email requesting I come in for a group interview the following day. That process was longer. You were divided into different tables with different groups of potential ambassadors. You would complete one icebreaker and then you were switched to another table to complete another icebreaker. The icebreakers were fairly simple. We had to interview someone to our left and then introduce them to everyone else in the room. We had to put together a puzzle as a group. (Our group had a particularly hard one of Andy Petitte that had a lot of grass and dirt from the mound which looked exactly the same). We had a verbal puzzle in which everyone got a few different clues and we had to figure out the lineup order based upon the clues.

Then not within a week or two later those who were chosen came in for two days of training. Overall the process was fast, fun and a little nervewracking. And it was all worth it.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about an experience in which you successful resolved an upset guests complaint (or something like that)   1 Answer

Vendor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Yankees in April 2013.

Interview

I called for the job.....they told me to show up for work the next day. This is probably because I was referred to my current boss by a trusted employee. I got a Yankee vendors jersey and hat and I learned how to use the register and prepare food an hour before my first game. It was easy to learn.

Premium Sales & Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Yankees (Bronx, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. Initial phone interview was with HR and lasted about 15 minutes. Then a couple weeks later another phone interview but with the Manager of Premium Sales. This interview lasted about an hour. Next interview was a week later with the Executive Director of Premium Sales. Interview lasted about an hour. Then about 2 weeks later I was asked to fly up to NYC to interview in person. I was expected to pay for my own flight but the Yankees covered the cost of hotel. At my face-to-face interview I interviewed with 5 different managers in 4 hours. It was a whirlwind but pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• There was no question that sticks out in my mind as too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate. I tried to negotiate the base salary because it was only $5k more than what I was making in a city with a significantly lower cost of living than NYC. However, I was told there was no negotiation room for base salary. It was "take it or leave it".

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Yankees (Bronx, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Honestly a huge joke. They ask you zero questions pertaining to the job. if you have previous experience and can talk your way into a sale then this job is yours. I would suggest not working for a sports company in the sales departments, as they treat you like absolute garbage. Your looked at as disposable the day you get there, and that you should be thankful you work for the yankees (or any team for that matter).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

base salary + Commission non negotiable