Newbury Comics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Newbury Comics

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Newbury Comics (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

one quick phone call followed by an in person interview was all it took to get this interview process over with i really hope that this is thirty or more words because It isnt that complicated to begin with

Interview Questions

• basic questions about money handling that any cashier should know   1 Answer

Management Interview

Interview

There is one interview and the questions are pretty standard to most retail positions. The questions are based around customer service and job experience. There is a portion that asks about yourself and if there is general knowledge of the company. The interview lasts around 30 minutes. I was never called for a second interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newbury Comics (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Spoke with the manager for about 10 minutes. Was a very laid back interview, however the communication afterwards was disappointing. It took the manager nearly 2 months to get back to me with a definite answer. I declined due to getting a better job in the meantime.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newbury Comics (South Portland, ME) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was great, they made the atmosphere feel very relaxed, but not unprofessional. You will probably have to interview twice but both times are pretty easy and straightforward, they won't ask anything "scary" or "complicated". In fact, they'll ask you a couple fun questions too, just to get the tension off. Overall, they have their stuff together when it comes to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newbury Comics.

Interview

Super low-key, depending on the store you interview at. Dress how you normally would. They basically just take you through the store, ask about your interests, prior experience in retail, they essentially want to make sure you can read/write/count and that you're not going to be an idiot behind the register. it helps to have a good personality, not necessarily outgoing, but don't be a mute, either.

Interview Questions

• They had me alphabetize a list of musicians to see how well I knew them   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newbury Comics.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. I was already a frequent customer and we discussed music interests, prior retail experience and availability. It is a great experience one on one and learning more about what they expect from employees as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions about familiarity with brands, music and cashier experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newbury Comics (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

They really want to know how well you know the merchandise. They like well rounded people but they would prefer to have experts. If you can prove you're good at customer service and have a particular passion about one of the brands they have, you will do very well.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand we sell here?   1 Answer