News Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

News Corp Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.7

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at News Corp.

Interview

Phone interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at News Corp in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed my resume to HR, got a response within a couple of hours. Exchanged some emails with the HR representative. A few hours later, I got an email from a temp. at the company, telling me they'd set up an interview with one of the execs of the company they were hiring interns from for the following Monday--this was Friday afternoon. I fly to NY for the interview, everyone is pretty nice and helpful, the interview went well, they told me I'd hear back within a few days about the position.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly about how to go about getting in contact with sources and how to check facts for stories.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at News Corp.

Interview

It was a professional and streamlined process. Hr called within 3 weeks of supplying my résumé. Then, it was a meeting with the hiring manager that took about 45 minutes. Received the offer about 2-3 weeks later via phone call.

Interview Questions

• None. Standard questions. Know your job, know what u do well and don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick, via HR.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

1st step is a telephone interview by HR then you come in and meet with head of department and VP. Be prepared to give concrete examples of how you will add immediate value to the organization, interact with upper management and your communication and technical skills

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you did not meet expectations and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not flexible at all take it or leave it mentality. Get as much as you can in the beginning raises are typically no higher than 2% and bonuses are only for upper management.

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at News Corp (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager of a small division at a satellite office who fast tracked me past having to go into the office in Manhattan. It was easy. She felt me out for my style and sales background.

Interview Questions

• Where have you lived in NYC?   1 Answer

Entry Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at News Corp (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

very close group of individuals who are looking for people who can "fit in"

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at News Corp (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Easy, one interview with HR, one interview with a VP of department

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at News Corp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Meetings with all levels of mgmt

Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at News Corp.

Interview

Quite informal but with a few of the cliche questions thrown in. Followed by a 'personal fit' chat. Took longer than expected - a couple of hours. Felt welcome throughout, however. Office seemed very quiet - people appeared to be working hard, who knows what they were actually doing! Got a call back almost straight after with a job offer.

Market Manager Interview

Interview

3 stages, group interview, one on one and computer assessment. We were asked to create a business email in a short amount of time. We then had to try and sell some advertising via the phone whilst being assessed

Interview Questions

• Previous experience
      why the role would suit you
      How good you are at selling (as it is a sales role)
      Answer Question