Newsbank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newsbank Interview Questions

3.7

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newsbank.

Interview

Had about a 3-4 hour interview with individuals within different departments. Company has 6 month Sales Program but job isn't guaranteed unless you're able to perform and pass the Sales qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my level of interest for Sales Position. Said once you're on this track it's pretty determined that you'll remain within Sales with the company.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Interview

Long and unprofessional. Took month and a half. Took time off from work to interview 2 different times. A lot of the people I interviewed with haven't work there for a year and others asked questions that didn't related to the job. This company is a joke. Your cold calling over the phone to sell out dated product.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA in college? Could you have done better?   1 Answer

Your in an office for 8 hours cold calling selling an out dated product.

National Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newsbank (Naples, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a friend, and immediately had an interview scheduled with the head of sales. We had a very engaging conversation--things went well. I didn't hear from them for about a week, and then was called back to come in to take a series of personality assessments. I was assured that I would be able to see the results after they were analyzed. Well, after I took the assessments, the next person I was supposed to meet with got called into a meeting. No one seemed to know what to do with me, so the receptionist ushered me out. I followed up by phone and email a few times, but never heard back from them again. I've been informed that the position was never filled.

Interview Questions

• They're less interested in the actual interview--much of their decision making process is based on personality assessment tests.   Answer Question

Telephone Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newsbank (Naples, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Horrible! Be ready for 2 months to 2 1/2 filled with 4-6 personality profile tests, assessments, technical skills, etc.; 13 individual interviews; background check, criminal records check, and credit check. AND you are competing with 100 people for 1 job that they may not even decide to fill. I was one of 3 finalists, and after 2 1/2 months, they decided to open up the interviewing to even more on a national level. Your odds of getting this job are 100 to 1 if they decide to fill it. ALSO they have a constant job ad on the recruiting sites which also tells you something.

Interview Questions

• None. All basic. Main one was "Are you a consultative sales person?"   1 Answer

Telephone Sales - DONT WASTE YOUR TIME Interview

Application

Interview

HORRIBLE. These guys interview 100 people for one they hire IF they hire 1. The process takes 2 months, 4 tests, 10 or more interviews, employment background check, background check, credit check to see if you really made as much as you say you have. You NEVER meet a sales person you NEVER see where they sit and work. After 2 months I was one of 3 left in the process and then instead of hiring one of us, they opened it up nationally Do not waste your time. This is the worst of examples where a company has an ongoing ad and hiring process until they finally choose a candidate. You have 1 out of 100 chance it they hire at all. this is a revolving interview company. Can you imagine working for them if it is this hard to get hired?

Interview Questions

• None, most are general but all 10 people will ask you the same questions over and over. The most popular one "are you a Consultative Sales Person"   1 Answer

Interview

One phone interview, Two in person interviews. First in person interview is about an hour. Second in person interview is 4-5 hours.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Newsbank (Naples, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Courted by a their corp. recruiter (great experience) for a little over 3 months. Throughout the courtship had several conversations via email and phone with this person, and had 2 phone screenings with program managers. Seeing I was from out of the area, the face to face interview was around 7-8 hours (almost a full day), meeting with 6 managers and the corp. recruiter. The company reimbursed travel expenses and booked the hotel.

Interview Questions

• What has playing sports taught you in your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a- I believe the base rate they offer is based on your level of experience.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

VERY detailed process. They put you through interviews with a few different HR reps, consultants, management, VPs. I believe I went through 8 different interview steps including online personality testing and a trip to Naples, FL for the final step.

Interview Questions

• They used all of the typical questions. Had to do a mock sales call with 2 VPs. They look for consultative sales, so they are really focused on how well you can do that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newsbank in September 2011.

Interview

Company came across initially as professional. Unfortunately, the interview process is highly involved but without much focus, and down right disorganized. They are not a top player in their market place for a reason, and going through this poorly run, poorly organized interview process gave me a strong understanding why.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions; in fact, overly mundane, unchallenging questions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Newsbank in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process at this company is INSANE!! I had the initial HR phone interview. Then I had three separate phone interviews with management. I was asked to do a "Mock" sales call, and try to sell them something using the PSS sales training platform. After that I had to take two personality tests, read an article of my choosing, then write a summary of what I learned. The final task was to write a paragraph on my experience. Needless to say that my final assignment consisted of a really accurate account of my experience. UGH...Don't waste your time (7 days) buying into this convoluted, invasive and inappropriate process.

Interview Questions

• The questions on the personality tests..."I bite my fingernails", "I'm always tired" were absurd.   Answer Question