NexGen Data Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at NexGen Data Systems

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NexGen Data Systems (Charleston, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

Dan Patrick called and stated the customer would be abusive and clearly incompetent. He was correct about the customer but forgot to mention his company was also similiar. He stated just bill the customer weekly and show up daily and everything would be fine. Took about 1 week to get offer letter

Interview Questions

• Where are you from and would you move to come to Charleston.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a security clearance.   1 Answer
    • What is a SAN   1 Answer

Negotiation

Email only. HR director was part time and responded late at night. Had to have offer revised twice. Note that everything is about the company and not you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NexGen Data Systems.

Interview

Was called and set up an in person interview over lunch. They paid. Met with several members of the team/company.

Lunch started casual and was enjoyable. Briefly went over my resume and asked a few questions that grew more and more specific. More of a conversation style interview than a "panel" style. I actually enjoyed the whole experience.

Talked salary range at the end. Offer letter 2 days later via email. It is possible to negotiate signing bonus or higher rate.

IA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NexGen Data Systems (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Before the interview, I had to provide a Technical Questionnaire that was pretty useless. None of it was really applicable to my job. The interview was over lunch, which was unusual. I basically got peppered with questions every time I tried to take a bite, so my lunch stayed pretty much untouched.
    Standard questions, nothing I wouldn't expect; How does DIACAP work? What's in a package? What scanning tools do you have experience with?
    I left with no idea how I did, but got an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What are the constituent parts of a DIACAP Plan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them my target salary. They came back with a lower offer which was the amount I expected. I accepted.

Senior Backup Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NexGen Data Systems.

Interview

Overall, I had a positive interview experience with NexGen. An employment prescreen questionnaire was followed by a brief phone interview. After this stage, the company flew me out to interview with the team. The interview went very well, and the team seemed like a great group of people.

Following the "in-person" interview, there was a follow-up call to talk more about salary and the offer that was being prepared.

They were extremely professional throughout the process. I decided to turn down the position as there was better opportunity for my career and family.

Interview Questions

Pay lower than expected, weak relocation package, better opportunity.