Nexen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexen (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment website with a resume, and got accepted for an interview soon after. Interviewed on campus - very standard procedure. The interview was mostly a resume review. The interviewer was interested in my past experience so I was asked about what I did in the past and answered some simple technical questions about the subjects.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Nexen?
      Tell me about your work experience at ___   Answer Question

Interview

What do you think it takes to be successful in this position?

Tell me about a time when you were forced to make a difficult decision.

Walk us thru a situation where you generated new ideas.

How do you define success?

Why do you think you will fit with the company culture?

How do you contribute to building trust and respect in your team or group?

What are the areas in which you need to grow?

Why are you the best candidate for this position?

Interview Questions

• Provide a previous situation that best demonstrates your ability to manage multiple tasks, while providing strong attention to detail and meeting required deadlines.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexen (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very relaxed and I was able to easily response to all questions. Position reported to Regional Supply Chain Manager who was easy to talk to and made the interview process easy and relaxing. Also interviewed with a representative from HR and other Supply Chain Professionals within the organization.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider my strongest qualification?   1 Answer

HSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexen (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call asking me to apply. I applied online and was scheduled for a panel interview. The panel consisted of multi-disciplined group and managers at various grade levels. After interviewing I was offered a position. I spent approximately one week negotiating the benefits before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was why I was interested in leaving my current employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

small increase in both salary and sign on bonus

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexen (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Did a video interview with them, within the following days I was called for a personal interview at their office. Interviewed with 2 project leads, they were very nice and welcoming. Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexen (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

This review is about the Video Interview conducted. This is the second step after applying online. I am still not aware of the following steps of the process.
    One month after applying online, I got a call for the HireView video interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Nexen?
      2. What values would you be bringing to the organisation?
      3. Darcy's Radial Flow Equation. What would you suggest if oil production from a well has declined?
      4. Solution Gas Drive Mechanism plot for GOR vs Time. Explain the plot.   Answer Question

Petroleum/Oil&Gas Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nexen (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about a week later with a HireVue invite. Overall it was a positive process. The posting was fairly late (beginning of May for a May start) so it was a fast process. Then I heard back 5 days later with a decision. The interview was not like the questions on Glassdoor, it was very focused on Nexen's values.

Geology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nexen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

They contacted me within days of applying and scheduled an online interview. The interview is 20 minutes long, 5 minutes per question. I did not hear back from them till after a month and a half long with a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Safety is a main priority here at Nexen, tell me a situation where you demonstrated the importance of safety in your life/previous experience.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexen (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Automated video interview through hirevue after submitting the job application. After hirevue was reviewed and accepted, a second round one on one interview was scheduled in the form of a video conference. Typical process nothing out of the ordinary. The interview questions were fair and all within the context of the job description.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you? Tell me an example where you demonstrated safety   Answer Question

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexen (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially, your CV and cover letter are looked at. Following this, there are 4 stages: A telephone interview, a video recorded interview, online testing and finally an Assessment Centre. Technical questions specific to the role are involved in the telephone, video and assessment day interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were in some kind of conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question