Nexstar Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nexstar Media Group

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Little Rock, AR) in June 2020.

Interview

It was so smooth and the interviewers made me feel so at ease. The questions asked made it possible for me to tell them about myself and my experiences.

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group.

Interview

Casual and easy. Had 3 interviews and was able to negotiate. An over the phone offer was made then an electronic one was sent shortly after. A lot of negotiations were made via email.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was easy enough. I had to do a few timed writing samples. Nothing too difficult. Of course, interviewed with the News Director. When I was transferring stations within Nexstar I had to fly to another state to interview and was unpaid for that time, even though I was interviewing for a Nexstar position while being a Nexstar employee. I was required to use vacation days or not get paid and with only 5 vacation days per year, I was not going to use 3 of them on this.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people?   2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The process was very extensive, but you were able to really get to know the possible employer. It was two face-to-face interviews. They were very quick to have an answer to me as well.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Dallas, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Agency called me first, then office interview, then make decision. The account payable manager was nice and straight forward. Ask me a few questions about my background and why you are interested about Nexstar. One of the team lead met with me and introduced the workload and culture of the office. The environment is really laid back. They have three months for probation. 10 days PTO, which is less than normal company. The paid is kind of low. I declined the offer.

Camera Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward process. Basically they had me come in and we talked for a while about the job and my goals and that was it. I had to wait for about 2 weeks before I heard back. Overall the process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this position?   1 Answer

Director, Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied to KOIN-6 on 10/8 and didn’t get any response until nearly Thanksgiving. Had one phone screen with hiring manager and was told he would work on getting in-person interviews set up in December. Checked in three times between then and now (1/8) and still no word. In fact, there was no response to my last email. I have to say, this has been the most disorganized interview process I have ever participated in and I’ve been in marketing for 13 years. Not sure what is happening internally, but it’s not good for candidates. I don’t necessarily blame the hiring manager, as it seems like it’s an organizational issue.

Master Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2019.

Interview

Set up the interview after a phone call. Went down and was shown around the studio and told a bit about this company. Great people. Everyone was very kind and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Asked if the hours would bother me since it was a weekend and or overnight position.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group.

Interview

Can’t respect a company that doesn’t even have the decency to tell you if you didn’t get the job after 2 interviews. I made it to the second round of interviews and was told that they weren’t the type of company to leave you wondering if you got the job or not. Weeks passed and I never heard anything back from them.

News Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Sioux City, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for a news producer position at KCAU-TV. The company simply conducted a phone interview and I answered all of the questions. I sent a follow-up email to the company and never heard back which implies that the company has chosen another candidate for the position. I applied for another producer position with them in 2019 and the company is now accusing me of declining a verbal job offer for a news producer position with them due to financial compensation which is false. This company has no integrity in their hiring process and is not truthfully honest with job candidates like myself. KCAU has blacklisted me for all news jobs at their station.