Nexstar Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nexstar Media Group

2.5

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Lansing, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Single interview date, spoke with multiple members of management. I was told Nexstar's acquisition delayed the hiring process. I called multiple times to double check, thinking they had just passed on me, when in fact the interviewer was telling the truth.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to tell a story?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submit resume in answer to job posting, then.Phone screen first then fill out a very long on line application. Then a very extensive personality profile . If selected then a face to face interview with sales manager and his supervisor Rranged then an offer.

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

One on one with GM and then with each department head. GM (no longer employed) was very friendly and easy to talk to. GM asked questions about background/previous employment, strengths/weaknesses. GM gave scenario and asked how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by in-person interview. Met with managers and other AEs. Left unimpressed and disappointed. Some good people, but little feeling of "team" and that people liked working together.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was a three step process. The first was with the sales manager and director of sales. The second was a group interview with the other 10 account executives. The third was final meeting to negotiate pay and structure. It was a very pleasant experience that I enjoyed. It wasn't to tough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got an email setup for an interview from the Sales Manager. Met with two of the Sales Managers and their boss and they basically grilled me to see how much I knew about advertising sales.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group.

Interview

Can’t respect a company that doesn’t even have the decency to tell you if you didn’t get the job after 2 interviews. I made it to the second round of interviews and was told that they weren’t the type of company to leave you wondering if you got the job or not. Weeks passed and I never heard anything back from them.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with two managers separately at a remote location in separate rooms. They interviewed a lot of candidates shotgun style as they're building a new accounting team in Irving and needed to hire 5+ employees.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifics. It was more of a conversation than a traditional interview. Both managers were incredibly friendly.   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone a few times and offered a position within two days. Most of the time, small markets are low staffed and have to act quickly. Management was upfront about salary, benefits and opportunities for advancement

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexstar Media Group (Terre Haute, IN) in February 2009.

Interview

I was aksked to answer the telephone and describe my experience. the hiring manager was friendly and courteous. he described the job to me in full. I was then told the salary as well.