NextGen America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NextGen America

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at NextGen America

Internship Interview

Interview

In the writing Assesment for this company, you have to choose between Trump or Cruz and explain your reasoning. This is most likely a deciding factor with whether you'll be accepted or declined in the offer for an internship position. This Assesment is also timed, so I have continued to advice others to avoid any opportunities with this company because of their inability to recognize that political opinion should not be a deciding factor for this company. The question does not mention other candidates, just the popular republican runner-ups. I would give this company 0 stars if I could.

NextGen America Response

Apr 6, 2016 – People Operations Coordinator

We've been in touch with this applicant and are concerned that she had a negative experience with our internship application process. We take very seriously the time and energy our candidates put in... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextGen America in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted the application online and they contacted me within two weeks for an interview. It was a video interview with two people. It seemed like they were doing the good cop/bad cop routine. They asked me a lot of questions about the company specifically, which I hadn't prepared for and totally bombed.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextGen America (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. They asked a few simple, and easy to answer questions. Was only about a 20 minute interview. They called me back about an hour later and hired me right away and I went through online training and didn't give much information about how to start.

Interview Questions

• What motivates and makes you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NextGen America (Ames, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

A sit down with your direct supervisor who then basically confirmed I had the experience he was looking for. Basically offered me the job immediately thereafter. Most of the interview was laying out the cold-calling aspect, and making sure I'd be comfortable with it.

Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen America (Tampa, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

I had two interviews, both over Zoom. I clicked very well with the first person I interviewed with and he even ended the conversation with "I look forward to working with you." Great! When the second interview rolled around, I was actually interviewed by somebody that I sort of knew (friend of a friend, and I am Facebook friends with this person). I thought it went alright, but was cut short by her next interviewee calling in early. After two weeks of no contact, I sent a follow up email, to which I received no response. I ended up finding out via Facebook that I did not get the job when I saw that the organization had posted that they had completed onboarding of their new Organizers. I found the lack of communication following a second interview to be extremely unprofessional, which is why I have given this review a "negative" rating.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet one person, dead or alive. who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Campus Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NextGen America (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

We met at a coffee shop near campus. He explains the organization and their goals. He went through the website and a presentation explaining all political views. It was very enlightening.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I had any ideas for events or organizations to collab with.   1 Answer

Field Organizer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NextGen America in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Great. Very informal and relaxed. Talked about prior experience and organizing strategies. Was also very informed about their field plan and my daily roles as an organizer.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen America (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied in May of 2018 and had an interview two weeks later. There was only one round of interviews, which was a video interview and I received a call the following week with the job offer. The questions were strictly behavioral; in general, the interview was very straightforward and simple. It seemed as though they were looking for a good fit in terms of familiarity with the organization, drive, and commitment to the mission.

Interview Questions

• What are you excited about that the organization is doing?   Answer Question

Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen America.

Interview

I had two video interviews. They asked a lot of technical questions of how I would canvas, so prepare to answer specific questions about grabbing people's attentions and making events attractive to college kids.