NextRoll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NextRoll Interview Questions

Interviews at NextRoll

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

They move fast, average difficulty interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Sent an email to the recruiter who responded quickly. We arranged an interview with an engineer over skype, and I was asked questions about my side-projects. Afterwards I was asked two technical questions. The entire interview lasted for one hour. That's all there is in the interview for interns, short and quick.

Interview Questions

• A programming question (Java) related to problems the Data team encountered in the past (HBase related).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial call with recruiter. Then a coderpad challenge. 1 Skype call with remote folks and finally on site interviews. On site consisted of white boarding and also coding on laptop. Overall, all the people seem pleasant and passionate about their work. Of course, all of them were very bright. My experience was positive although I didn't get offer.

Interview Questions

• System design, data structure, algorithm question. They do care about optimizations since they deal with very large number of impressions/clicks in the ad world.   1 Answer

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Very straightforward - screening with recruiter, then onsite with team. They really made an effort to get to know me as a candidate and what I would bring to the team with thoughtful questions and prompts. They clearly care about culture and fit and it shows in their employees and interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NextRoll in May 2013.

Interview

Asked a couple questions about my resume and asked basic questions about what Adroll does

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to change from B2C to B2B type of business   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NextRoll in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after sending in a resume and cover letter, a time was set up to talk a week from then. The first call was a technical phone screen, which I was somewhat unprepared for. The interviewer was pleasant and responsive. I would definitely apply here again.

Interview Questions

• About things on my resume, various coding questions (in Python/Java)   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Seamless and VERY well organized.
    The process was Initial phone screen, then phone interview, in person interview with 4 people - 30 minutes each, and a casual coffee meeting.
    Everyone on the team was genuinely nice and very experienced, definitely a great team to be in.
    Salary range was very competitive and the opportunity to learn is endless.
    The leadership set an awesome culture and definitely feel that when you interact with the employees.

Interview Questions

• How did you influence people?
      How do you work in ambiguous situations?
      Do you overthink things?
      Walk through your resume?
      Why do you want this role?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They ask a bunch of brainteasers/case studies that I would bet a lot of money that most of the people there could not answer.

Interview Questions

The caliber of talent there is not impressive.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was refferred internally from a recruiting event but also reached out to one of the exec managers through linkedin. We set up a phone call to discuss my background, the position, and direction and needs of the company. It was a pretty standard screen call and I was told they would be in touch. I was contacted approx 3 weeks later for an in-person interview at the office where I would meet with the executive management team (CEO/founder and Head of Accounts/Co-founder). This second interview lasted about 2 hours. I was asked to send writing and creative samples and did so the following business day. I was invited back to the office for a third round with two other members of the management team (CFO and Dir. of Product) where I spent approx another 2 hours in interviews. After assuming that I was in the running as a top candidate for the position, I waited approx 1 week to follow up on a decision. I was told that they would know in another week. I was never responded to the next week and was left confused. After leaving voicemails and sending emails, I was responded to approx 3 weeks later via email that I would not be a final candidate at this time. I found this unprofessional and the most dissapointing part of the process as I had other opportunities I was interviewing for and ultimately missed out on waiting for them to respond.

Everyone at the company seems like smart, good people but they are still a start up and may not know exactly what they are looking for in this position (Online marketing manager? MarCom/PR?). They are growing rapidly and possibly may be moving to another office space which are all good signs. The office seemed typical of a SF start up stocked with snacks, games, and a beer on-tap. They seemed to mostly have male employees in most positions but appeared to have a good working culture.

Interview Questions

• You are given 1000 dollars and allowed to play 2 slot machines, one of which has a 10% winning odds and the other has a 25% winning odds. How would you go about finding which one had the greater odds?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NextRoll in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a week. However, the entire phone call was finished within 4 minutes - including my own questions for them - and gave me the feeling the interviewers were only going through the motions of holding an interview. Couldn't even catch their names, and wasn't told their roles or anything about the company/position. They launched straight into questions after I picked up the phone, and asked exactly 4 questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. Explain what we do in a sentence or two.
    3. What is retargeting?
    4. Do you have any questions?

Interview Questions

• What is retargeting? (apparently they didn't want a literal explanation of what retargeting is?)   Answer Question