NextWave Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at NextWave Wireless

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NextWave Wireless (San Diego, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

1. Dates – please provide several dates and times that you will be available for a 30-45 minute phone interview. Interviews are conducted Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (PST). Please note that I will need 2-3 business days of lead time to set it up.
    2. Phone Number – please provide the number that you can be reached at during the interview times you have proposed.
    3. Profile Completion – please confirm that you have completed your online profile on Careers Website.
    4. For general information regarding the interview process, you may visit our website under Frequently Asked Questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NextWave Wireless (San Diego, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

I applied online and was then contaced by HR about a week later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Maybe a week later I spoke to the hiring manager for 45 minutes or so. He told me about the company, the job description, and asked a few basic questions about my background, experience with wireless technology, and why I was interested in the position.

A couple weeks later they brought me in for an in person interview with 6 people whom I would be working with in different areas. I spent about 4 hours at the office, speaking to each person for 30-45 minutes. The first person I spoke to was a highly technical senior-level engineering manager. Right off the bat he asked me a few very hardball technical questions. He then asked a few less difficult questions. While answering the questions as best I could, I tried to relate my past experience with the answers.

The rest of the interviewers were not as difficult, and I spent most of the rest of the time talking about myself and my background. One of the others was the HR rep as well, and he just told me about the benefits they offer and asked about my salary requirements, etc. A couple weeks later the HR rep called me and gave me a verbal offer. They overnighted the paperwork via FedEx.

Overall I got a very good perception of the people working there. The office seemed very nice, and people seemed to enjoy working there. My best advice is to just be prepared to get grilled, and don't panic if you can't answer everything. I wasn't able to answer all the questions perfectly, but kept my cool and seemed to do OK in the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I felt the offer was acceptable and accepted without negotiation.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NextWave Wireless in September 2008.

Interview

Had a phone screen which lead to an onsite interview. Had about 5-7 1:1 interviews that lasted about an hour each. Asked very basic and fundamental questions in Analog and RF IC Design.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair offer