Nicholas Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nicholas Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nicholas Financial.

Interview

The process was pretty easy, a quick phone interview followed by an in person interview with the direct superivsor and a 2nd interview with the supervisor and district manager. The interview was fairly informal, reviewing previous experiance and demonstrating knowlege. There were no "gotcha" questions or "sell me this pen" style questions.

Dont try to BS the interview, but if you are the right candidate and you know your stuff you will be fine.

There was a background check, Wonderlic (spelling?), and credit check

Interview Questions

• all the questions were industry related, "what would you do in this situation" type questions   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Interview

Got a call and they wanted to do an interview same day. I informed him I had a lot on my plate that day and it wouldn't be a good day at all. He insisted it would only be a 30 min or less so I agreed, he said if anything changes call back to reschedule. About 5 min later I called back and apologized for the inconvenience but realized I really wouldn't have time that day and Monday morning would be much better for me. The branch manager kind of scolded me for trying to reschedule after I told him on the first phone call that that day was not a great day for me. He said he would send me another email for a new date. It's been a week still nothing, I dodged a bullet. If the branch manager can't be on top of things and understand that people have things going on then this isn't a company I want to work for. The only reason I' quit my job was to take care of my mother, she's finally recovering so now I can go back to work and this is what happens!

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I interviewed at Nicholas Financial (Clearwater, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with this company through a staffing agency. When I got there, I was instructed to take a 12 minute aptitude test with 50 questions full or word problems. Unfortunately for this position, it doesn't matter if you're a qualified candidate. They will base your qualifications on how well you answer the questions and If you don't meet their scores they refuse to interview you. The manager didn't even have the courtesy to greet or acknowledge me before or after this ridiculousness.

I drove 4 hours from home only to be shot down because of a scewed and unfair interview policy. Seeing the reviews, I am not surprised. This company may be legitimate, but it's definitely a red flag.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villa Park, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nicholas Financial (Villa Park, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interesting to say the least. Way too many cooks in the kitchen. And if you haven't spoken with enough of their management team guess what you'll get to drive way out for a second interview with yet more managers

Interview Questions

• If your speaking with a customer who's vehicle has broken down and now said customer is refusing to pay how would you resolve the account....(payment)   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nicholas Financial (Troy, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple. They were hiring me at a lower position to get rid of someone else that was in the position that they really wanted for. I turned in my resume and was essentially was told that I had the job as long as I could pass their IQ test.

Interview Questions

• They essentially just reviewed my work history with me and that was it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nicholas Financial in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the manager who then had me come back a week later to interview again with the district manager. Went to the same office each visit. Very relaxed interview experience both times. They both had me describe myself, my career goals and hobbies, etc. There is a short IQ test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult collection call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate for more money.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nicholas Financial.

Interview

Interview process was weird and uncomfortable

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nicholas Financial (Marietta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

As with most jobs, there were about two interviews. I went in for my first one and interviewed two people. They divulged into my personal life a lot and one comment was "one girl we had here was engaged and that caused problems." They asked if I had children and if they would make me late to work if I did. I mentioned I was starting grad school and they notated it then after getting hired started freaking out because I asked for orientation purposes if I could leave an hour early. They stated they didn't know I was going to start grad school and they wouldn't have hired me otherwise. So clearly they do not listen in interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children that might cause you to be late to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually went up a little in pay but still started out poorly compensated.