Nickelodeon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nickelodeon

2.6

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Burbank, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Received a call from the production manager for the show a month after applying (this is during COVID). interview scheduled for a few days later. Interview was very casual, with line producer, showrunner, and production manager. More talk through your experiences and get to know who you are.

Interview Questions

• Name two strengths and a weakness?   2 Answers
    • What attracted you to this show/position   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Burbank, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I was called in by the manager of the team for an interview. The team was very friendly and it overall felt like a really good fit. After a second in person interview, they told me they would get back to me the next day. Then the pandemic went full swing and I haven't heard anything since. No one from HR/recruiting contacted me at all during the process. It's a bummer. I wish I had at least gotten some kind of response instead of being left to wonder what happened.

Interview Questions

• How would your coworkers describe you?   2 Answers

Social Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

My interview process was fairly simple. I applied online through the ViacomCBS portal and got an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. She asked basic interview questions and for some background info (major, year, experience with certain programs). I then had a second in-person interview at their LA office and was interviewed by the team. They were very friendly and asked me about my general expertise in the field and what I though my strengths were (software and soft-skill wise) as well as my favorite Nickelodeon shows and characters.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

My recruiter was a nice person and let me have time to think about my questions. I was even on the road and I ask her to wait for me to pull over so I can find a parking spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nick?   14 Answers
    • If you could be a salad dressing what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a relatively straightforward experience. Met with the hiring manager in their offices. I then had to do a sample version of the work (over email afterwards), a week later, I was hired.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter wasn’t a recruiter or HR person, it was an employee that ran their own team and wanted to add a designer. They were away so I had to schedule the interview 3 weeks out. They were well prepared for the interview and I talked about my work and goals at a new job. They loved the details how I painted my nails orange, had nickelodeon apparel and asked about nickelodeon community events. I spoke to 2 other designers after individually, they both asked similar questions so I felt like I was repeating myself, but I showed them each different work based on the research i did for their portfolios. The teams really loved parts of nickelodeon and it was clear they were all friendly people and were looking for a great personality. They complimented my work and later that day I received an email I would be completing a design test for the next step. (This was not informed in the interview) Due to my personal time restraints and current full time job, I completed the 10 hour design test overnight in 2 days, and heard back saying I had wonderful and we’re impressed with the detail of my work, and they would be in touch soon. After a week, I reached out and was told they were still interviewing and would know next week. Another week passes and I am told to wait another week. I was not chosen for the role and after requesting feedback on my design test and how I could improve should I want to reapply to Nick in the future, I was ignored without answers after the rejection. I really enjoyed the interview process here, it seemed organized and friendly, but I was extremely let down by the lack of transparency by the end of the process and feel I was taken advantage of for my work I provided. I wonder if I had been in contact with an HR manager if I would have had more transparency or feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work?   4 Answers
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job? What don’t you like about it?   2 Answers
    • Do you have any after effects and animation experience?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nickelodeon in April 2019.

Interview

I was called for an interview several days after sending in my application. I was told I would be contacted within 2 weeks, but received no word after a month. It would have been nice to hear, either way.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Amazing. Very relaxed environment. Will give some tough questions about your experience but, are very nice. The work environment is pretty nice, but may need some more of an open environment

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that relates to the position?   1 Answer

Digital Media Interview

Interview

Quick turnaround, but then there was a hiring freeze and they didn't hire anyone at all for the position. I don't think this was the fault of the people at Nick, but rather a bureaucratic issue with higher ups at Viacom.

Interview Questions

• Why Nickelodeon? / What is your favorite Nick show   4 Answers

Actor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Honolulu, HI) in May 2018.

Interview

It is very efficent and very good I think that glassdoor finally get me a job as actor I am 10 years old with very experience with BTS / On SHOOT so i think that if i get the job i would finally do something that i am good for