Nickelodeon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nickelodeon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.5

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

I was frequently ignored and treated with a lack of respect. After two interviews (that seemed to go great) and submitting an assignment, I didn't hear anything for other a month. No feedback, no follow-up, nothing. I emailed a couple times and got no response. Even after I finally got a call saying I did not get the job, the recruiter said I was a strong candidate and could email her if I found another job at the company I was interested in. She has ignored all of my emails since then, even when I did exactly as she said and emailed her about another job I was interested in.

If this is how you treat potential hires, I am glad I did not get offered a position because my perspective of their company culture is very low. I wouldn't want to be there to learn how they treat employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application online then got an email about what departments I would consider working in. After a brief phone interview with someone in HR, I met with the team they recommended me for in person.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my application for a student internship with a link to my portfolio I was contacted by voicemail to schedule an interview. When I couldn't reach anyone I had assumed they moved on with their other chosen candidates. It just so happened that a few months later Nick was at CTN and had applications for in person portfolio reviews and I was lucky enough to earn a spot. It was very amazing opportunity and the woman who interviewed me even remembered my name!

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted in less than a week. There was no initial phone interview and I was asked to come onsite for an in-person. The HR person I was in contact with scheduled me for two weeks out and later on confirmed the appointment with me and sent all the meeting details.

I tried asking some questions and again confirming the appointment as I got closer to the date, but never received a response. After the initial interaction with HR, I never was able to speak with them again.

I traveled to NYC and showed up 45 min early. The security desk informed me they could not call someone until 10 minutes prior. When the time came, they tried to call my contacts at Nick. No one ever picked up the phone. Security noted that this was odd and kept trying for me.

I watched as my appointment slot came and went. During this whole time I tried to call my contacts directly and also the HR person. Nobody answered. After a few hours of total wait time (I was determined), security suggested I go home.

Just as I was going to call it quits, a young man came down to bring me up. He set me up in a conference room and said they weren't ready for me yet. He disappeared and returned a twenty minutes later, saying they had me scheduled for a mid-afternoon appointment slot.

When that slot came up, he came back and said they were still in meetings and to wait a bit longer. Finally a woman showed up and said the person who was originally going to interview me called out sick that morning and my meeting had been canceled. I was never notified of this by anyone.

She told me she would interview me in the boss' stead and that she had to cancel a few business appointments to do so (making me feel bad). As much as I tried to keep a conversational flow, when I asked or inquired about things she would keep her answers short, usually a few words or phrases. She conducted the interview in about 20 minutes before I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• Do you know all of Nick's brands? Which are your favorites? Describe what product you would make with it.   Answer Question

Freelance Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

One in-person interview to go over the responsibilities of the role, as well as going over my portfolio site and explaining my involvement in each project. I met with 2 people, one I reported directly to, and the other was the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of project to work on?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nickelodeon in May 2016.

Interview

I met with HR, it was the worst interview I've ever had and so unprofessional. She was clearly younger than me, read 20 weird questions off a printed form and wrote down my answers. None of the questions could've told you anything about my experience. She had no idea what she was doing and I was way over qualified for the position to not be invited back for a 2nd interview.

Internship Interview

Interview

I received an email that I had gotten an interview and I was able to do the interview the very same day. I heard from the internship coordinator the next day that I had gotten the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted online was called back for a phone interview within a month. Came in for an interview the next month. They were very nice, but there were just other people better suited for the job. It seems like a wonderful place to work! Dress there is casual. Interviewer encouraged me to apply again.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email a few days after applying online to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview at the Viacom office in NYC. The interview was simple, just ran through my resume, answered a few fun questions about my favorite shows. It took about a month after the in person interview to hear back. Make sure to send a follow up email or two.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nickelodeon (Burbank, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview, which was super standard and quick. Then followed up with an interview with the Production team. There were like 7 people in the room. The team was new so they didn't seem to have any questions prepared...it felt like I was interviewing THEM, because they opened up with "Do you have any questions for us?" very early on. I was caught off guard, as I was prepared for a structural interview. They called the next day saying I didn't get the internship, but that they would refer me back to the recruiter for future opportunities. I was later contacted next month for an interview on a different television show. Nice people!