Nicor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nicor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nicor in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back the following week. Did phone screening first, asked me if I wanted to move on to the next phase, had a face to face interview the following day. About 6 hours after my interview I was given a call saying I got the job. The interview was very laid back, only asked about 5 questions...tell me about a time. Do not go into this interview nervous, it's pretty easy! Good luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to enforce change.
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No, but I believe if you're bilingual you get paid a little extra.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nicor (Naperville, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

1. HR phone interview 2. Assessment Testing 3. Supervisor over the phone interview 4. In person interview. I think the process is great, but concerned because HR interview went well, Assessment went great, one on one with department manager went well, called in for in person and they found out either my age or thought I had too much experience, but this should have been my choice if I wanted to take a decrease in salary or not.

Interview Questions

• There were three or four questions that were longer. The panel was basically looking for an issue you had to handle, how you handled it and the outcome. Although these are easy questions, my customer service ability was way beyond their comprehension and did not match anything they could compare me to.   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nicor (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for the position back in December for the the January start class but was sent an invitation to take an assessment in February. Once I took the assessment I was called a few days later for an over the phone interview and once I passed that process was asked to come in that same week. After the interview I was called the following morning to inform me that I passed and they would like to offer me the position. I would say the process took 2 months just to get a call but the hiring process it self was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were unsuccessful with helping a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you used math to help a customer.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nicor (Naperville, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

You take an assessment, the a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no room to negotiate-this is an entry level sale position.

Reader Meter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nicor (Naperville, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

First you go to your local Nicor location and you get interview by the manager of said location. I was competing against 4 other candidates. I was the last one being interviewed, and it took roughly 45 minutes. I had the 2nd interview at Nicor headquarters. I was 19 at the time and it was intimidating. I think I did well, but I will admit i was intimidated by the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very straight forward. The HR guy compared me to his son, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing...   1 Answer

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nicor (Naperville, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

1. HR Screen 2. Technical Interview 3. In office interview...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation....

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nicor (Naperville, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview and then met with a few people from the department in a face to face. The culture seemed laid back and the interview process was easy going. Be prepared for specific common accounting questions. The Naperville office has 7 floors and some people were very dressed up while others were casual. I now know that is due to some being management and others being Union.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate however I have heard that salary is pretty tough to change. I have also heard that some people were successful with asking for more starting vacation and personal time then what is listed.

Support Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nicor.

Interview

3 interviews over a period of 2 months, got a call confirming employment and an offer letter was mailed

Interview Questions

• there was none, simple questions and technical interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nicor in December 2011.

Interview

interviewed with recruiter on the phone and in person. Submitted to Nicor who sets up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a business requirement and a functional requirement?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the steps of resource leveling in MS Project.   Answer Question