Nipsco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nipsco Interview Questions

3.2

Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nipsco (Hammond, IN).

Interview

1 hour Phone Interview & 2 hour on-site Interview. Consisted of variety of questions covering a wide range of issues including: specific technical skills, computer skills, communications skills. project management, client support, etc.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • How well do you work with others? Have you ever led or managed a team? Have you ever had to work with someone difficult to work with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Vacation & Starting Salary

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nipsco (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Aptitude test, phone interview with head of gas construction and HR, and then a 1:1 meet and greet interview. Then background check DOT drug screen/physical. The phone interview was the toughest part of the pre-employment. From what I realized from this experience, once you pass the situational phone interview it's smooth sailing the rest of the way. My advice would be to prepare all types of job situations before the phone interview. The background check is very intense with checking/calling all previous employers, driving records, criminal records, all the way to failed DOT drug screens and physicals. Be upfront and honest with all of the steps of the process, they will find out if you're hiding something. Make it known that your first priority is safety of everyone around you(yourself, coworkers,public life and property).

Interview Questions

• All situational questions. Name a time when you had to use team work to accomplish a task at hand.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you felt the customer was not satisfied and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you satisfied a customer and how you know they were satisfied.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were subject to change between different crews/teams.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negational phase. Everything Nisource Inc and the Union has to offer is above and beyond for the working person. Pay, benefits, working location(try to keep you closest to home) and very knowledgeable instructing supervisors.

Resource Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nipsco (Merrillville, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round is phone interview with HR, nice talk and regular questions. The second round is onsite interview with hiring manager and director. They are nice people and friendly. We discussed the job function, requirement and my background. No challenge questions during the entire process around 3 hours talk.

Interview Questions

• Are you really interested in this position and job content?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterton, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nipsco (Chesterton, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, a panel interview, and a lunch interview. All were pleasant and information was received by both parties. I learned a lot about the company and its direction. I told them about my prior history and how it would work well with the company. I was very interested in the energy industry and I wanted to be proud to supply electricity to the surrounding communities.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nipsco (Gary, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick and painless. I was asked mostly about what classes I have taken and what experience I have. I was also asked about a time when I was permitted to lead a situation, and how I handled it. There were no goofy questions, just the normal ones you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Asked for experience in different facets of construction, such as scheduling and cost control.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nipsco in September 2007.

Interview

I read in the local newspaper that NIPSCO was testing applicants for potential employment. I called and reserved my spot for testing which lasted several hours. I was subsequently contacted for an interview in which I first met with a panel and then 1 on 1 with the recruiter.

I was looking for part-time evening employment since I already had a full-time job. There were not willing to work with me to schedule only evening rduced hour shifts.