Nordion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordion Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Quality Control Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordion.

Interview

Panel of two people, Human Resources manager and Quality Assurance Manager. They took turns asking behavioural type questions, when have you worked for someone with conflict, communication questions, quality questions, good manufacturing practices. After interview, a technical test was given which took about half an hour. Questions - why is quality is important, radiation half-life question. The panel made me feel very comfortable. They clearly were happy working for Nordion, which they gave their reasons why.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to solve a problem, teamwork type questions.   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordion (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

There was an online assessment beforehand, with word, math, interest and personality questions. Then I was interviewed by an HR rep and the manager of the department for this position. They asked a lot of behavioral and situation questions: describe the situation, what did you do, what was the result. After the interview there was a written technical test, about some science principles and techniques, and why QC is important.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a problem with a colleague, what did you do, what was the result?   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordion (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process involved several interviews, and IQ test, a situational written test that had to be completed within an hour. It was quite arduous which I was not used to. And the HR specialist really took her time to get to know me which I am glad she did. The process is so intensive as they do not only want to ensure that you are qualified for the job, but also that you are a good fit within the organization. Judging by how well everyone gets along, I can tell that this process is quite effective.

Interview Questions

• If a discrepancy in one of the iodine vials was found, what actions would I perform to get to the bottom of it?   1 Answer

Manager, Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordion (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially wrote a test to determine the depth of my knowledge as it applies to the position. Panel interview - started out with H.R. representative and hiring manager. Asked probing question about practical experience and went on to behavioral questions. Got the sense that they really want to find someone who will not only fit the job but fit the team/culture. After that, met with another team of two interviewers - people position works with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• What makes me the perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordion (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the HR recruiter. Next week was on site interviews with director/ and hiring Manager and VP. Took about 2 hours in total.Most questions were about the resume and past experiences, behavioral questions. Overall interview atmosphere was very good.

Interview Questions

• Q.What is your background?   Answer Question
    • Q.What is your experience with implementations of software packages?   Answer Question
    • Q. Provide an example of difficult situations on the project /team and what was the action on your side to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is negotiable, vacation is not.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordion (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Apply online, first interview, second interview, security check

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordion in September 2008.

Interview

working as a temporary employee, asked to apply for position, online application, three interviews - 1 with HR, 1 with consultant, 1 with direct supervisor/manager

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

not happy with compensation and benefit package given the amount of overtime required

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordion (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone interview first, then the Director, CFO, Controller and HR. If they like you the process will be very fast and decisive.

Interview Questions

• How is your desk organized. Was it very neat or messy?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult problem or issue where you had to demonstrate leadership skill to resolve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter handled it all.