Nordson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.5

Mechanical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordson in August 2016.

Interview

One Phone interview and then face to face interviews with four different people. They were fairly average interviews with one person being a little more demanding than the others. This person wanted to "test" me on my knowledge.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Had a phone interview where i was asked general HR questions. Once that cleared i was asked to schedule another phone interview with the technical supervisor. The technical supervisor had some specific questions without going to much into detail. After that phone interview, i was asked to meet in person for a 3rd interview. The 3rd interview started with a meeting with HR where they asked HR questions about your personality and the type of employee you would be. She also went through the company background and benefits. After i met with the technical staff, i was given a tour of the facility and told they would make a decision in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my current salary and what i would like to make   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordson (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel interview made up of Supply Chain Manager ,Purchasing Manager a representative from Production Eahc memebr asked about 15 to 20 different questions.There where no case study or presentations requiered

Interview Questions

• Did you have problems dealinf with suppliers from China   1 Answer

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next were two rounds of in-person interviews; each round lasted a half day. In total I met with around 11 different people before an offer was extended. Offer was contingent upon a background check, reference checks and a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic; it seemed that many of the people I met with did not have much experience with conducting an interview. They had written questions in front of them to help them facilitate discussion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordson in May 2015.

Interview

I received the opportunity for a phone interview after leaving my resume with a recruiter at my university's career fair. The interview was very casual and I mostly was asked just to describe my previous work experience. The interview was given by one of the company's senior engineers. There weren't very many questions asked, so I just explained why I would be a good candidate for the position. I also asked many questions to my interviewer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Started with phone screen with HR, followed by in person interview with Manager (1 on 1) and various Engineers (1 on 1), followed by a return trip for interview with Sr. Manager who was not available that same day of initial interview. After interview with manager was complete, they provided a small tour of the manufacturing area.

Interview Questions

• They brought out their technical drawings to gauge your knowledge of blue print reading and specifically asked about symbols used on the drawing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was tough to get them to budge, asked for sign on bonus and negotiated on that in order to consider accepting and accepted one after some negotiation on the bonus portion. Recommend refusing to provide current or last salary because they will not move much past what your previous employer was compensating.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordson (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

There was only a phone interview, no in-person interview. This is only the second time I was hired based soley on a phone interview. They were only interested in my background, so I shared with them relavent work history. I don't recall any overly esoteric interview type questions, just generic which languages and compilers did I use for previous work, etc.

Interview Questions

• They were only interested in my background.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordson (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone screen then Face-to-face interview. Interview was very relaxed. Treated you like a business professional from the time you walk in till you leave. Very friendly upper management. You will meet with a rep from the HR department and then meet with the hiring manager or hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position?
      Why Nordson?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordson (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

This is an easy interview for any one who can answer questions confidently on the fly. Its extremely helpful to know someone at the organization, this will also be helpful for promotions and raises upon hire. You will have to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Corporate guidelines are fairly strict. I wasn't successful to get anything outside there range.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordson (Elyria, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Worked as a SAP contractor and was hired through a head hunter. I did not interview with Nordson directly. Nordson hired a team of consultants to operate the training associated with SAP and moving all the employees over to a new system.

Interview Questions

• I was not interviewed by Nordson as I was hired as a SAP consultant through a third-party company.   1 Answer
    • Show up for work.   Answer Question