Norsat International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Norsat International Interview Questions

Interviews at Norsat International

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Norsat International (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was one phone interview with HR personal, panel interview with three engineers and a final interview with CEO. Very inspiring people both technical and managers. I enjoyed the interactions. They are positive and engaging.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions about resume and experience, also behavioral and logical questions. There was no need to code on paper, only to talk about solutions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Norsat International (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Interviewed in big room. They asked me to walk through my resume and asked related question about my experience. There was no coding problem or puzzles. The interview took about an hour.

Draftsperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norsat International (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a pre-screen interview from the headquarter of Vancouver and, couple days later, I was told that an opportunity to go the division of Aurora for the interview.
    I was interviewed by two employers and they were not friendly, or even I prefer to say that they were so rude. Their voices made me feel hard to follow (in a low voice and in messy words).
    The questions they asked were all about the skill of drafting and they didn't like my answer and my performance. But the difficulty of questions is fair. At last, they ended this interview and left without saying anything. Ok, It was not respected and I don't care this opportunity anymore.

Manager, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norsat International (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

I met with the Director of Financial Reporting and the CFO. The interview was mainly conducted by the Director, and the CFO often joined in for additional questions. The Director appeared to be easy going, and the CFO was more critical. He was picking my resume apart and asking detailed questions regarding the organizational structure of my current company, work scope, etc. The CFO also emphasized that they were very dynamic and they play multiple roles based on company needs (e.g. help out in production function)

Interview Questions

• It looks like your position is quite focus in a particular area. How do you see yourself handling the broader scope of other accounting/reporting function?   Answer Question

RF Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norsat International (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. First one was with director of engineering and second one is with CEO of NORSAT. HR manager is very good. Interview was pretty good. They were Skype interviews.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Summary of my experience:
    Location: Richmond
    First interview: Director of R&D . He asked mostly technical questions based on my resume. I was primarily asked to elaborate my projects and work experience.
    Second interview: the CEO . She asked some technical questions (one question I remember is "what is S11"). Then she asked some analytic questions to test my IQ.