North American Lighting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North American Lighting Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.6

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at North American Lighting.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency. I applied with them for this company. They took my application and drug tested me. Then I interviewed at NAL. It was very basic.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with some mandatory overtime?   1 Answer

Launch Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Muscle Shoals, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, few weeks later received an email to set up a phone interview with 2 department heads. After phone interview received invitation for on-site interview . Interviewed with the 2 people from the phone interview and a manager from their corporate offices. Pretty straight forward interview and easy, interviewers were very friendly and open.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Farmington Hills, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with HR shortly afterwards. I interviewed with a manager and an analyst, and the questions were straightforward. However, I did not hear back after the interview even after I contacted HR, which is extremely unprofessional.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Paris, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

- Signed in
    - Waited until name was called
    - Sat in a room with two interviewers, both somewhat friendly
    - Asked me questions regarding interests, etc
         - Had some questions about major, technical terms, personality questions, free time, and made small talk.
    - Gave plant tour and described responsibilities
    - End interview

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Paris, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Email/Phone Call from Corporate HR to set up phone interview.
    - different time zones was a little confusing.
    - talked to HR recruiter to set up phone interview.

Phone Interview.
    -with Department Manager.
    -Asked multiple questions about detail.

On-Site Interview.
    -Interviewed with 3 Upper Managers.
    -Interview was pretty calm.
    -Relaxing conference room.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond under pressure?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

The interview process for Corporate Human Resources positions is as follows:
    1) Initial phone screen interview with hiring manager
    2) Online assessment (Achiever)
    3) Site-specific interview with Corporate HR representatives and Department Directors
    4) Final onsite interview with Corporate HR leadership (Paris, IL)
    5) Background investigation (EQUIFAX) and drug screen (location specific)

Interview Questions

• Make sure you study the job description; prepare to explain how your experience correlates to each role and responsibility.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Market rate and/or 10% above current salary. Two weeks vacation is the standard, but you will likely receive an extra week if you simply make the request. Most will receive the first week of vacation after 90 days; however, if you request it, HR will grant two weeks after 90 days.

Assembly Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Paris, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

First they contacted me via phone call, after that they scheduled a one on one interview. I met with one of the Human Resource representatives to discuss wages, benefits and other technical information. A week or so later they called me in for a second interview, this time with a member of the floor staff to explain what sort of work I'd be doing. A couple weeks later they called me to confirm my position. All new hires were required to undergo a 2 week training course.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Paris, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Presentation products of NAL and quality cosmetic problems in their products(related with summer intern project); Asking about previous social and working experience; Asking your interest about their positions and projects;

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North American Lighting in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and two or three weeks later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The call was with the manager of the process engineering department and was extremely straight forward (plenty of tell me about yourself, tell me what you're looking for, tell me about your schooling, tell me about your experiences, etc.). The phone interview was very relaxed and went very well, and I will say that of all the phone interviews I've had, this seemed to be the first where they understood that I was a recent graduate and expected me to impress them with my personality and education, not dazzle them with my accomplishments.

One or two days later I got a call to schedule an onsite interview and plant tour - they wanted to have me there the next day if possible but were understanding when I had to schedule for a week later. The on site interview felt organized and mostly comfortable. It started with a few forms (which seemed redundant after the online application) and then a computerized personality test, followed by a computerized skill benchmark test (basic knowledge and problem solving, and then a few timed sections to see how fast you could process information). This was a little unusual to me, but wasn't bad at all. After this there were several 20-30 minute interviews (2 or 3) with never more than 3 people in each. There was one with the supervisor, one with the manager and his manager, and I believe there was one more with other department managers. Overall it was extremely relaxed and very friendly. Nothing out of the ordinary. After all of this (2-3 hours) the department manager took me on a 30 minute tour of the plant. Then there was a short meeting with HR to fill out one more form, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected or unusual, if you have practiced common interview questions in general and for your major you should be well prepared.   Answer Question

Assembly Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at North American Lighting (Paris, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Hired on through Unique Temporary Agency. I was not interviewed at all by North American Lighting, only by Unique Temporary Agency. I was called in on Thursday to interview. No interview was conducted beyond "Do you own steel toed boots?" and "When are you available to begin?" I was then told they did not know when North American Lighting would be hiring again. I received a call the next day to tell me that a position had opened up and they needed me to start Monday if i still wanted the position.