North Seattle Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

North Seattle Community College Interview Questions

Interviews at North Seattle Community College

2.4

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College in September 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line and was able to attend the college

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College.

Interview

1 group panel interview 3-4 people who worked in the department and 1 who worked in another department. There are personality and knowledge questions and the knowledge questions are printed out in advance and given to the candidate to go over a few minutes before the interview begins, taking notes into the interview is alright.

Interview Questions

• A student forgot his I-20 and when he tries to reenter the U.S. from Canada CBP calls you, what do you do?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel Interview with 5 people from different areas of campus staff. Included managers, staffers, directors and faculty. Round robin question and answer session with preliminary written offered prior to interview. Questions standard to industry and emphasis on academic and people experience. Customer service awareness and student success. Knowledge of college helpful.

Interview Questions

• Questions about diversity meaning.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an in person interview. Interview consisted of the immediate team (5) plus one from outside the team (standard practice to include somebody outside of the immediate team). From start to finish it took 1 week for interview. Hiring came in at about 3-4 weeks. 1 round.

Interview Questions

• Your basic generic interview questions. 2-3 behavior questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable on salary base on grant funding.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two round of interviews. Pretty generic interview questions. Panel interview of 6. By the 2nd round, they have already made their decision. 2nd round is with the dean of the department. it was more of a meeting than anything else. Process took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Grant based.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

It was quick because I applied as a work-study student. I received work-study budget so they hire me very quickly after an interview. After doing a quick typing test, they had me interview with the Dean Assistant. It was more like an open talk than a serious interview. Overall, the process took me about 2 weeks from applying, contacting the office manager, get the interview and work the schedule.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the coordinator at her office after submitting an application.
    It took about 30 mins with a comfortable atmosphere.
    It was one to one interview and started with casual questions about school life.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with angry students?
      How do you start a conversation with students?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

After applying, my employer called to set up at face-to-face interview. They asked me to demonstrate how to help a student with a question about the chain rule (calculus). I was hired after the interview was complete.

Interview Questions

• Please show me how to apply the chain rule to this function f(x(t)).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was non-negotiable.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with division peers and campus staff members. Question given at least 30 minutes in advance of interview. 1 hour allotted for interview. Panel consisted of 5-10 staff members.

Interview Questions

• Standard relationship job role, diversity, qualifications.   1 Answer
    • Asked questions related to staff relationship and team communication.   1 Answer

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at North Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

You must apply online and provide your CV, cover letter, and answers to any other supplemental materials requested, otherwise your application won't be considered.

After the posted closing date for the position (the application period will be a minimum of 30 days), the screening committee will use a scoring matrix to rate candidates based on predetermined criteria (taken from the job description). The committee will use the rating scores and choose about 5-10 candidates to interview (some departments, like English, will get close to 250 applicants per full-time position; other departments, like Nursing, might only get 30 -- so the size of the applicant pool will influence the number of people interviewed).

After the interviews, which will include a teaching demonstration, the committee will choose three finalists to move forward along with a summary of each finalist's qualifications and attributes. Those finalists will then interview with the Vice President of Instruction who ultimately makes the hiring decision. From the closing date to the VPI making the hiring decision is often a minimum of 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked a "diversity and inclusion" question of some sort where you're asked somehow about how you take diversity/inclusion into consideration when planning lessons, teaching, or working with students.   Answer Question