Northeastern Illinois University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northeastern Illinois University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University.

Interview

Civil Service Testing via online. You need to pass the test before you are even considered for the interview. Most times they pick those with the highest grades on the test. Whether or not you had more experience then some, if you don't pass the civil service test (you mostly need 100% but rarely they go below that) they wont even consider you for an actual interview. This is for 99% of the any position you are going for. It all complies to the State rules on hiring individuals.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University.

Interview

Short interview, very friendly. Met in a conference room with the director one on one. Casual business attire was worn. Reviewed my resume and asked a few questions to get to know my personality.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• What was my past experience like? yes yes yes Reviewed resume for qualifications yes yes yes but then there was a process where I had to wait because someone else was trying to accept or decline the offer. Overall it was an interesting experience i took a lot from it thankfully and added it to my resume Reviewed resume for qualifications yes yes yes but then there was a process where I had to wait because someone else was trying to accept or decline the offer. Overall it was an interesting experience i took a lot from it thankfully and added it to my resume   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University.

Interview

Telephone Interview, talked about a variety of topics involving experience as an admissions counselor, territory, relationships with counselors, and how I created opportunities to get more prospects. The next step in the process was an interview with the entire admissions team, admissions director and also the important partners that worked with admissions to help achieve the department goals.

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy, they were looking for an individual to work in the office a couple of hours a week. The boss walked me around school to show me everything

Student Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it is an easy interview; also pretty straight-forward. You have to be confident, and don't slack because it is an easy job. The experience can definitely look good on a resume, especially if you can find a student-aide job that relates to your major. You also get the chance to build a good network through student-aide jobs by meeting other students and faculty along the way.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University.

Interview

the interview process itself for me was very brief. I was referred by a friend who worked there and applied there.Got a call to come in for an interview the next day. the interview itself was very brief with them just asking me general questions about myself and my interests and status as a student. as hired right away

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and simple. This was due to the application process. It involved a series of questions and assignments to test your knowledge of Microsoft office and technology. If your submitted work was done correctly, you pretty much got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University in February 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a campus visit to include a teaching presentation, a research presentation and meetings with various faculty and administrators. It was very much like other academic interview processes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The dean lied about union rules for first offers.

Office Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northeastern Illinois University (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

You get called to take a test on vocabulary, typing 35 wpm, basic math, and computers. If you have the top three ranking score you get an interview. Interview is very standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't bad. They wanted to start me at the lowest pay, but I was able to talk them up to 2 dollars more.