Northern Arizona University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Arizona University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.6

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University in June 2017.

Interview

Brief, 30-40 minute phone interview. There was a panel of a handful of faculty members of varying professional backgrounds. They asked a series of questions pre-determined by the university, and not really any others, besides a couple followups to what I said.

Physical Therapy Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview at the Downtown Phoenix location for the Northern Arizona doctoral physical therapy program. Overall, the questions were very fair but the number of students interviewing at one time was intimidating.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was simple with friendly interaction from department employees. I arrived early and was able to begin the interview when I arrived. I was interviewed by two people who switched off asking questions.

Interview Questions

• If someone asked a question about a policy you didn't know, and everyone was in a meeting, how would you answer that person?   Answer Question

Instructional Technologist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

Called for interview and they wanted the interview on a specific day. Obliged their request and traveled for the interview. No offers to pay for anything. Scheduling done by a friendly HR scheduler. All the communication went through the scheduler. She was super nice, but had to run any changes past their committee. Paid way too much on travel expenses, such as plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc. The process was very formalized. Met at the door, taken in for the interview, signed papers, asked questions, escorted out.

Received a very rude canned rejection call two days later.

Interview Questions

Interview

No interview was necessary for this position. I did end up visiting the campus for a day before I decided to enroll in the master's program, but it was by choice and not a formal interview. After I accepted the admission offer, I was offered a contract as a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) which is renewable on a yearly basis.

Residence Hall Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

easy , long day 1-1 q&a's with upper management , RHD's and RA's Lack of communication
    was not offered breakfast when headed to the airport ... Free lunch and dinner 90 min interview with a boring panel 21 questions mostly scenario questions easy common sense questions. Asked about student development theory . Your in a RHD apartment if your coming from far away. No TV so bring your computer. Students up til 2am so bring ear plugs if your sensitive to that kind of noise.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

Expressed interest in management position to professional staff; they scheduled interview shortly after. The selection process involves professional staff observing your on-the-job competencies well before you even apply for the position. The entry-level student position is Student Admissions Specialist, and you must hold that position for at least a year before attempting to apply for the senior position.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What is your management style?
      Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Two days of interviewing included an informal introduction to the department, interview with the search committee via conference call, student interview session, 1-hour interview one-on-one with the dean, research talk (informal, yet well attended), two dinner interviews with faculty, and a lunch interview with faculty. Overall, the interview was not as stressful as others, however I could tell that the graduate level students and the faculty took the interview seriously. I received an offer within 1-week of the in person interview process.

Interview Questions

• How will you make living in Flagstaff work for you and your family?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

1 phone interview with 3 people, fairly easy, tons of programming questions, but again easy ones, second interview in person with about 12 people sitting around a table. tons of technical questions, about half programming and about half systems administration

Interview Questions

• what protocol runs on port 443?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not open to negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Arizona University.

Interview

Informal interview with director sitting in the administrator's office in northern campus. He was very nice and they needed a replacement for the previous web developer. He asked me several questions and the interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you a fast learner and do you know flash?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what I would be paid and I agreed.