Northwell Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Interviewers (2) the Nurse manager and the assistant nurse manager were very straight forward, down to earth. Lasted close to an hour. Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference in a patient's life?

Interview Questions

• Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference in a patient's life?   Answer Question
    • Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference   Answer Question

Unit Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

it was very brief and quick, we talked about my experience in the hospital and what i could bring to the table. The overall process was easy and I got called back within 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Had an in-person interview with 4 managers from the hospital, felt really comfortable. It became more of a conversation and why I was best fit for the job. At the end, they informed me of the position, orientation and asked if I had any other obligations that would prevent me from working there. They also stated they were looking for a 2-year commitment. Still waiting to hear back, it has been a week today!

PRACTICE OFFICE ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an appointment with a department on last week Thursday. The interview was quick and to the point. It wasn't nerve wrecking as we all think interviews would be. I was not nervous going into the interview and had a very pleasant encounter with the hiring manager. She really liked what was on my resume as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what is the reason for me leaving my current job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR where they asked basic questions such as clinical scenarios, why telemetry , etc. Afterwards, HR stated the nursing manager from the unit would give me a call within the week to schedule a in person meeting. I didn't get a call back until 2 weeks later, but scheduled a interview the week of, and got offered the day of ! I met with the nurse manager and assistant manager.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

Cheerful but very serious. The will give you every opportunity to convey who you are. Be very honest. They hold very dear to integrity. Be confident and have solid grades on your school's transcript.

Interview Questions

• What was the best thing that I would get from this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Lack of attention to candidate for some nurse managers, almost disjointed . Seems they only want experienced nurses,not willing to train. States they promote veterans but not true. I was not impressed with the management, nor some experience of the nurse managers. Staff support seemed very minimal. Almost as if they want you to hit the ground running. Not bitter, just my assessment. Interviewed at both South-Side and North Shore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...Why Northwell...Stressful encounter at work, how you handled it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter for Surgery - new grad position. Interviewer asked specific questions about my resume, gave lots of information about position, left with concrete next steps. Good conversation. Left lots of room for questions, so make sure you have some to ask. FYI - not sure about all of Northwell, but LIJ is a non union hospital.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Everyone was nice and asked questions. Did not feel uncomfortable at all, and I got to meet everyone (management) all at once. Initially nerve wrecking, but its nice to know everyone's role and get an idea of who you will be reporting to. Looking forward to a bright future with Northwell.

Interview Questions

• I believed they asked the same questions they would ask you on any interview. The people however made it so comfortable that you could just be yourself.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Met with Talent Acquisition before department heads. TA was more difficult than department heads. Overall it was an organized process. There were multiple required pieces prior to the actual interview.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New York, NY).

Interview

Wonderful experience we connected right away we talked about previous jobs I've done and how would i contribute to northwell health and what got me interested in this job.