Northwell Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Interviewers (2) the Nurse manager and the assistant nurse manager were very straight forward, down to earth. Lasted close to an hour. Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference in a patient's life?

Interview Questions

• Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference in a patient's life?   Answer Question
    • Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwell Health in December 2012.

Interview

Interview was some what difficult. Meet with Supervisor and VP. New program for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotation.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with emergency room management for a one on one interview. After interview waited 2-3 day received a call being accepted for the position. Had to go through through pre employment screenings and document submissions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a phone call from the recruiter and she told me to come in with required documents. I arrived at the interview site about 45 minutes early, because i didn't know exactly where i was going. Dressed in interview attire when i arrived, i had to fill out a questionnaire and wait until the recruiter called my name. She interviewed me. The interview went well. I Received a phone call some days later about taking a drug screening test, and a physical. When i came back they had me and other candidates who were also offered jobs to sit in a room and take a reading, and writing test. Once that was done, the next week i had to go for orientation, and i received my work schedule.

Interview Questions

• what can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Mineola, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It went very well. I applied online and a recruiter reached out. I had a phone interview first. Then, I was asked to come in for an second interview with a nurse manager. I was offered a position within that same week.

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

The whole interview process was smooth. Talent acquisition was very accommodating in finding me a position that would be a good fit for me. And the manager i interviewed with at North Shore University was very clear on what was expected of me and what I could expect of them.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you can help improve patient experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult or upset patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Patient Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwell Health in September 2016.

Interview

Had to wait hours for the interview . The interviewer made me feel welcomed . Asked basic questions . I was told to get a call back in a few days but I haven't got a response .

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health in June 2015.

Interview

First on-site interview with the AVP. He's the worst employer to work for - a micro-manager and difficult to work with.
    The interview was ok - behavioral questions were the major chunk of the interview (they're not going to offer lunch so be prepared to starve an entire half day)
    Second on-site interview with all the senior members of the team in Long Island. (Again half-day)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Name the top 3 problems healthcare is facing today
      Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Great Neck, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I felt that the phone interview went fairly well but the woman I spoke with did not respond to my thank you e-mail at all. I waited about 6 weeks and then contacted the admin who had scheduled the interview. Had to e-mail her twice before the woman with whom I had interviewed finally got back to me. They had already offered the job to an internal candidate which was very dissapointing. I felt that they could have responded to me in a more timely manner. A simple e-mail note stating that they had filled the position would have been fine, just didn't feel that there was any need to keep me on the line for as long as they did.

Also, and this is a critique of the "equal opportunity emloyment" policies in general, I am profoundly tired of interviewing for positions that have already been ear-marked for internal candidates. I am almost tempted to inquire in my next interview whether or not I am actually being considered as a candidate for the job or if they are simply conducting interviews with external candidates to maintain their equal opportunity employer status. I don't think that they can legally not post the job (despite its essentially already having been filled) but it is a very unfair system to job seekers, especially in these tough economic times.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be the top three problems facing healthcare today?   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Felt very comfortable and at ease during the interview. Questions were pertinent to the field and based off my resume as well. It was easy to locate the office and met with the program director after a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do I have that would help me succeed in a stressful and busy environment?   Answer Question

Lead Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Westbury, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

very descriptive and to the point , no messing around. went in asked me a few questions on my emplacement and skills they seemed impressed. I was given a phonecall a couple weeks later on whether not i wanted the job, i declined for a better offer.

better opportunities