Northwell Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Interviewers (2) the Nurse manager and the assistant nurse manager were very straight forward, down to earth. Lasted close to an hour. Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference in a patient's life?

Interview Questions

• Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference in a patient's life?   Answer Question
    • Why chose this company? This unit? Share a moment that you made a difference   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

Cheerful but very serious. The will give you every opportunity to convey who you are. Be very honest. They hold very dear to integrity. Be confident and have solid grades on your school's transcript.

Interview Questions

• What was the best thing that I would get from this position?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruiter for Surgery - new grad position. Interviewer asked specific questions about my resume, gave lots of information about position, left with concrete next steps. Good conversation. Left lots of room for questions, so make sure you have some to ask. FYI - not sure about all of Northwell, but LIJ is a non union hospital.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Everyone was nice and asked questions. Did not feel uncomfortable at all, and I got to meet everyone (management) all at once. Initially nerve wrecking, but its nice to know everyone's role and get an idea of who you will be reporting to. Looking forward to a bright future with Northwell.

Interview Questions

• I believed they asked the same questions they would ask you on any interview. The people however made it so comfortable that you could just be yourself.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Met with Talent Acquisition before department heads. TA was more difficult than department heads. Overall it was an organized process. There were multiple required pieces prior to the actual interview.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New York, NY).

Interview

Wonderful experience we connected right away we talked about previous jobs I've done and how would i contribute to northwell health and what got me interested in this job.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

the interview process was very easy and within a comfortable environment with various subspecialty members. the interview itself was based off of a behavioral interview concept and if the environment and the people are the right fit for them and you... it turns into a conversation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Huntington, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a call from the recruiter. She was very polite n straight foward, got scheduled for interview the following two days which was Friday. Went through 2 stages of interview.

Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwell Health (Nassau, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Extensive , long, tremendous amount of paperwork , very helpful and courteous on boarding and recruiting department made all of this very easy , most was fine online and via email. They answered every email and phone message quickly and with the appropriate answers to my questions

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to switch to Northwell   1 Answer

Critical Care RN Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwell Health.

Interview

Applied online and was given a panel interview a week or so later. Panel Interviewers were very friendly and made the interview a comfortable process. This was my first interview as an RN, so although I didn't receive an offer, it was a acceptable start to the good few interviews I'd find myself going on after this one.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? Weaknesses? A time you dealt with conflict and how? How do you deal with criticism from authority, whether it be constructive or not? Content questions about Critical Care.   Answer Question

Cytotechnologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I went on a full day interview and I met with 7 people in three different interviews. There was a slide test of 10 GYN and 10 NON-GYN. The first interview was one-on-one and the hardest. The last two were straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • How are you at multitasking?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were disappointed in your own performance.   Answer Question
    • What are the steps of FNA?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to handle a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • How was feedback given to you at rotation?   Answer Question
    • Are you interviewing anywhere else?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you wanted something and someone prevented you from having it. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why is it important, in a cytology lab, to work as a team? What situations would you need to work in a team?   Answer Question
    • Name a time someone told you, you did something wrong and you disagreed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with a difficult radiologist?   Answer Question
    • What do you like and what don't you like about cytotechnology?   Answer Question