Northwest Administrators Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwest Administrators Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators.

Interview

1. Apply online - Add Referral if you had one and you should so they can get referral bonus
    2. Once accepted then you take exams (10 key speed, reading, etc.)
    3. Get a call or email from the recruiter.
    4. Sit in with the recruiter for 15-20 minutes depending on questions that you may have. Goes over the benefits for the position.
    5. Wait for 2 supervisors (for me) and they ask you basic interview questions and details about the position such as the training program, travel, data entry, etc...
    6. After the interview, you just wait and hopefully you get picked.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The questions were fairly difficult for the level of position and pay I was hired at. They didn't tell me any of the difficulties (such as parking). There were 3 interviewers, one of which I later found out was on her way out the door. She had left the company by the time I started. Oddly, the highest manager was the one who seemed most impressed with me.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was great. It was a rep from HR then it was the Manager and Supervisor. The questions really made you think. They were easy to talk to, both of them.

Interview Questions

• What would your former Supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Payroll Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard 25 minute HR interview asked almost identical questions as a previous glassdoor review experienced. This was followed by a longer interview session with 2 of the department managers. Both were friendly and very informative about the position and easy to talk with. The whole process took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Thought it was odd they asked my strategy for entering large amounts of data.   Answer Question

Enterprise Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

A recruiter they had worked with in the past contacted me about this position. First interview was with the VP and another gentleman, it was a casual interview with them going over my resume and asking a few questions but nothing technical. It was a pleasure speaking with them. After that they wanted to setup a second interview with people from the team and that's when the technical questions would be ask. So the second interview rolls around and I'm meeting with two guys from the team. It ended up being basically the first interview, just with two different people. No in depth technical questions, just going over my resume and discussing it and a few questions here and there about how I've done things at previous jobs. I didn't get an offer and that's fine, what I didn't like was the fact that they told the recruiter that I wasn't technical enough..... Really? How would you know that when you don't ask me any technical questions. That was the only thing I didn't like, just seemed very suspect. Oh well.

Payroll Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There were a few computer tests: an old excel 2007 test, a basic math test, a typing test, and a timed ten-key test. None of the tests were particularly difficult.

Then there was an interview with HR which was pleasant, cookie-cutter, and awkward when I asked detailed questions about job activities.

Then there was a second interview with the direct managers who were very friendly, and although they looked at my resume and coverletter skeptically-- were very nice and impressed with my level of preparedness. (It pays to practice the basic interview questions!)

Payroll Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators.

Interview

Submitted resume and cv online and received online assessments a week later. Did well on assessments and received email to confirm interview date and time. Had the interview but didn't do too well nor did I connect with the interviewers (2 women)

Pension Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Phone, computer skills (alphabet order, words per minute- nothing like word or excel), in-person. Fill out background check documents, because you must be bonded, so you cannot have a criminal history.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume via the company's website and was emailed the morning after requesting an interview on the same day. I went in for the interview which lasted about an hour to an hour and a half by the only two employees in HR (director and manager). The questions were relatively standard and easy to answer such as: describe your experience with Employee Relations, what experience do you have in recruiting, etc. The only sticking point was their old school dress code which prohibits displaying tattoos or piercings, they also require professional work attire all days of the week. Later that evening I received another email requesting a second interview with two other managers in the company. The following week I had the second interview and was told I would find out their decision by the beginning of the upcoming week (6 days later). The second interview was even easier, mostly talking about my work style so that they got a feel for my personality. They offered me the position on Monday of the next week.

I was offered a salary that was not comparable to my education and skill level. I approached them with a counter offer and expected a negotiation but instead they didn't budge and I declined after providing them proof (via PayScale) of the standard salary for someone with my quals. If you're offered a position here, do not expect them to negotiate salary even with reputable data to back up your request.

Northwest Administrators Response

Oct 21, 2014 – Director

It is disappointing when the outcome of an interview and a job offer do not result in what was expected. Most employers, including NWA, have a salary budget for each position. At times, a ... More

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwest Administrators (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very quick and you are hired right away.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most difficult customer service experience.   Answer Question