NuStar Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.1

IT Onsite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

He called and that went great however during the technical interview was asked a few questions that throw me off. I'm more customer service focus the managers were more focused on being a computer nerd. I didn't click with the hiring manager.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

there was two phone interviews along with a round table interview and another interview with a director. the process was long and took over two months to complete. was very time consuming and didn't really lead anywhere, one week before hire my application was withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for new job   1 Answer

Terminal Operator Trainee Interview

Interview

Don't expect this to be a quick process. You have to pass an aptitude kind of test, which wasn't hard but it is time consuming. I was in a of about 75 people , applying for 1 position!! It was to say the least discouraging. I was select for an interview , however already started working another job and couldn't sneak off to go to the interview, especially since it was several hours away from me. My best advice is be prepared to wait , wait, wait, and then WAIT!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy.

Interview

Had a photo interview with the secretary and then an in person. It is a large group interview. Be prepared for many people around the table. HR did consistently stay in contact throughout the process but the hiring process was very very long. Don't expect a quick hiring, approvals take a long time.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 biggest challenge in the energy industry?   Answer Question

I/S Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone screening then direct interview. Months passed waiting for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual; NuStar doesn't train their staff or management how to screen employees. So they have no idea how to interview.

I was gang-interviewed by a senior manager, a project lead and a senior technical guy.   2 Answers

Terminal Controller Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The overall experience I've had has been very positive. The HR dept, Managers, and Director I have talked to during the process have been very professional and down to earth. I've personally had difficulty with various companies getting interviews to line up with my current employers schedule (3rd shift), and the HR dept had no problem. After making it past the phone interview, I was called in for a second interview with (within a week) a panel of managers that oversee the department. I was then called back a couple days later for an interview with the director of the department. I'm now waiting on a call to see if I get an offer.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (Newark, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a friend at the time so it was easier to get in, but the interview itself was pretty quick and not hard at all. They just wanted to know about any experience I did have and my availability. I only worked part time a few hours a day so it wasn't bad at all. I lived near so the location was convenient for me as well.

GIS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, then interviewed in San Antonio a few weeks later. The interview process took a while (2 hours or so). I was supposed to meet with an HR rep first, then interview with the GIS department, but the HR rep wasn't available. Right off the bat, I kind of got the impression that we were winging it. I had the opportunity to speak with basically every one in the GIS department and they told me about what they did on a daily basis, how they liked their job, etc etc. I found this to be really informative, kinda fun, and just flat out cool (if you're into GIS). I also got to have a nice chat with one of the managers that the GIS dept reports to. Great guy.

After that, I went into a conference room with the head of the department and four other guys. Honestly, to this day I'm not sure whether I blew it, or whether their interviews are always that awkward. I was asked questions like: "How's your attention to detail?"...I would answer something along the lines of: "I have very good attention to detail, I'm patient and I like to get things done right the first time."...then I'd be asked: "Well do you spend too much time on details?". Throughout most of the interview, I felt as if I was being set up with questions designed to back me into a corner. The main interviewer didn't pay attention at all when other interviewers would ask questions, and rarely made eye contact.

After this, I was taken downstairs to the HR department. The woman in HR asked me the stereotypical personality assessment questions, then asked to look at my resume. After looking at my resume she looked up and said, "We require a minimum of a 3.0 GPA for this position, you won't be eligible for this position unless you have that". I was disgusted. There were at least 30 or more candidates that applied for this position. 15 of those got phone interviews. 3 of those (including myself) were invited to San Antonio for face to face interviews. You're telling me that no one in HR looked at my resume beforehand and said "Hey, this guy's GPA is too low".

I was in the middle of finals and took the day off to drive four hours to and from San Antonio for an interview that consisted of being asked trick questions for a few hours and then being told that my GPA was too low. Not a pleasant experience in the least.

Interview Questions

• How's your attention to detail? (I was asked this multiple times during the interview process)   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NuStar Energy (San Antonio, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview was professional and managers presented an optimistic and enthusiastic attitude towards the company. Asked questions about WCF and SOA. You definitely need to be up to date on your .NET Framework 3.5 skills in order to impress. I think I botched the interview with my current job dissatisfaction and by not knowing about WCF.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NuStar Energy in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR and IT people. They asked some behaviour questions and asked some questions according to my resume.