Nucor-Yamato Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nucor-Yamato Steel

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nucor-Yamato Steel

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nucor-Yamato Steel.

Interview

The interview was with an campus recruiter. I briefly talked with the recruiter at a career fair and proceeded to get an interview. The interview was a purely behavioral one for about 30 to 45 mins, and was very conversational. The recruiters were calm and approachable, with a love for their company.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blytheville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nucor-Yamato Steel (Blytheville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. They like to see you in multiple stages along the way. First take a personality/ability test; then panel interview, and then an evaluation by one of their leadership consultants, then a smaller interview. After all that, I went on site where they showed me around the mill and had another group interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in to the team mentality and unique culture at Nucor?   1 Answer

Power and Enenrgy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor-Yamato Steel (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview took place after my university's engineering career fair. Overall I would say the company really would have loved me to work for them. Unfortunately, it was my first 1:1 interview so I was visibly nervous. I guess it was a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you did this, how you did that.....If a co-worker really dislikes you, can't stand you, what would you do? How would you handle this and that. Why do you want to work for us? etc   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nucor-Yamato Steel in November 2011.

Interview

On line willingness, Panel interview, then job placement interview.