O'Brien & Gere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at O'Brien & Gere

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Brien & Gere (Liverpool, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied to company.
    Position is with O'brien & Gere, Denton TSI Division.

3-4 days went by and was contacted by HR to come in the following week.
    -I asked what the interview schedule was and whom I was suppose to meet.
         -was suppose to meet HR, a Supervisor, and his manager.
         -Total time scheduled for the interview was suppose to be 1-1/2 hours

When Interview day came, I was a few minutes early and was greeted by a very you girl in her very early 20's from Human Resources.

We talked a bit in the reception area, and went to conference room for the interview. However, she failed to schedule any rooms and figured she would just 'wing' it. There were no conference rooms available after wandering the building for about 5 minutes. We ended up sitting in the empty office of the Vice Presidents (Plant Mangers) office.

We talked for about 15 minutes discussing the position and my background. HR was nice, but a little inexperienced as I ended up leading the discussion as she seem a bit unprepared.

After about 15 minutes, the other two interviewers had failed to show up. HR left me alone in the Vice Presidents office alone with the door closed for about 5 minutes. HR came back to tell me she could not find the other 2 interviewers but heard they were very buys on the production floor trying to ship some product they were having problems with.

We talked for a few more minutes, then out of nowhere the Supervisor came into the Vice Presidents room all flustered and apologizing for not being here on time. The HR women left us alone .

The this young supervisor (late 20's) seem a bit flustered as if he had just stopped in the middle of something important and ran here. All he had was my resume and nothing prepared. We briefly discussed the position and I started to talked about my qualifications for the position. This lasted 10 minutes. Then he left anxious to get back to the production floor.

HR came back in and idly chit-chatted while we hopefully waited for the manager to show. By this time a whole hour had passed. So she said, 'he is obviously too busy with production." So she took me back to reception and I signed out.

Interview Questions

• Supervisor, "Are you experience with Inventor and Vault?"   1 Answer
    • Supervisor, "Have you read the job description?   1 Answer
    • HR, "What can you tell me about Denton TSI?"   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Brien & Gere in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted the employer through a job listing. An initial phone interview was followed with an in person interview. Job offer came shortly after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

I had one other offer that I couldn't resist