O'Keeffe & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Keeffe & Company Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at O'Keeffe & Company

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company (Alexandria, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 phase interview: phone, in-person with HR, in-person with senior leadership. Accommodating to travel situations and can do one interview via Google Hangout if needed, but better to go in to the office. Second interview you take a test where you sort names/companies/products. Send in writing sample -- professional and creative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

After submitting my resume and cover letter online, I had the first interview via phone with a woman in HR. For the second round, I was asked to submit a writing sample in the form of a press release announcing me as a recently hired employee. The third round, I met with two Directors and spoke on my experiences and qualifications for the role.

Interview Questions

• If you were given two major assignments from two different Directors and they are due at the same time, what would you do?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. There were three stages in interview, beginning with a phone screening, then a writing sample, and ending with an in-person interview. The questions in the phone screening were relatively common, ranging from talking about myself to what qualifications set me apart from other candidates. The writing sample was a press release and the recruiter seemed lenient on the time frame. The in-person interview was pleasant. After organizing names into three columns, I spoke with two employees and then to a senior employee about the position and how my qualifications matched up with their qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other candidates applying to this position?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company in August 2014.

Interview

As others have said, the first step was a pretty in depth phone interview, expect it to last 30-40 minutes. After that, I was asked to submit a writing sample in the form of a press release about my hypothetical employment with O'keeffe. Next, I was called in for an in person interview, during which I completed a rather unusual sorting exercise and had a more informal peer meeting. A few days later, a follow up interview was conducted with a manager, in which the same basic questions were asked as before. Finally, roughly a week and a half later, I had a final interview with Steve O'keeffe himself, which lasted less than ten minutes and covered the same ground as every previous interview. A few days later, Steve sent me an email notifying me that I didn't get the job.

Overall, the process felt extremely redundant and drawn out. As I stated, the same material was covered at each level of the process- a lot of time could have been saved had I just met with each individual at the same time. For a company that continually stressed that they had no problem firing under- performers, they seemed surprisingly indecisive when it came to choosing new people.

Interview Questions

• You will be given a list of names and asked to sort them into columns people, products, and companies. You'll have about 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

First step is a phone interview, which was more detailed than I expected (30-40 minutes). The HR rep asked me questions that I would expect to hear during a live interview, so make sure you are prepared. If you advance, you will then come in for an in-person interview with a few different people. You will also have to complete a writing exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in an agency environment as opposed to a corporate/internal PR position? What questions do you have for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room to negotiate as a new employee, but it can't hurt to try.

PHP Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company (Alexandria, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I read really bad reviews about this company before but decided to go to the interview anyways hoping my experience would be different. First I had a phone interview which went very well and then I was asked to come to a face to face interview. Since I was out of state I told them I am only willing to come up to VA if there is a serious consideration for me. The recruiter assured me that they want to hire me so I spent a good bit of money to go to VA. Had the interview and then the manager left halfway because he had a meeting. Later I was told they changed their mind.

Interview Questions

• A coding exercise was given to write a php class that implements an interface in a specific way.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company (Alexandria, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, was asked typical questions about experience and my resume but awkward follow ups. After I spent a few minutes walking through my duties at a particular job, interviewer just said "tell me more". Awkward pauses (presumably my and the interviewers fault) but at times I felt I was rambling because the interviewer did not ask very many questions or detailed questions. Overall a strange interview. Was told I'd hear about the next step in a week and was never contacted.

Public Relations Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company (Alexandria, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

My resume was passed along by a current employee, a Senior Account Executive. I was e-mailed instructions to complete a writing sample which was a sample press release. I was offered an interview and instructed to come in the following week for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people, sort of peer interview style. Basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, why O'Keefe & Co. Interview went extremely well. The current employee who'd passed along my info spoke with her colleague after and she said it went well also. However, I was not called back. Finally after a week I e-mailed to follow-up and was told that while they really enjoyed meeting me they'd decided to go with another candidate.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company in January 2012.

Interview

A few weeks after submitting my resume, I was contacted for a phone interview, which went well and the woman I spoke with hinted heavily that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. I was contacted by HR about two weeks later for a writing sample (I was given a prompt to write a press release) and then was asked a few days later to set up the in-person interview.

Once I got to the office, I met with the HR manager and was given the opportunity to ask her questions. I felt that she was a bit arrogant, but was nice enough. She played coy when I tried to ask about the salary range for the position (I had been given no indication of numbers prior to that point) and asked me what I was looking for, rather than giving me a number. I was given another 'test' that consisted of grouping names/companies from a list into different categories (I assume it was to test my knowledge of what types of clients they represent).

After the 'test', I met with two peer interviewers and it felt more like a conversation than an interview with them. They were easy to talk to and made the job sound appealing. They asked me to stick around and they brought in two other employees in more senior positions. The senior-level employees had a list of generic questions that they asked me, some of which I felt were irrelevant and difficult to answer.

A week after the interview, I received a generic rejection e-mail. I did appreciate them notifying me of their decision, as so many companies neglect to do that these days.

Interview Questions

• What is the most frustrating thing about people in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What are 4 adjectives you'd use to describe you/your work? Then immediately following, what adjectives would your current or former supervisor use to describe you?   Answer Question