OCZ Storage Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at OCZ Storage Solutions

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (Arlington, MA).

Interview

More of a BS session. They said they heard of me from another employee. • Ensure that enterprise computing Took two phone calls. One from VP of Engineering and the other one from the hiring manager. Looking back on it now, there were distinct warning signs that I did not pick up at the time. Very unorganized and unprofessional organization. CEO was full of himself and needed to be stroked by his employees.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions.

Interview

3 phone, 1 onsite

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Kind leader and manager that was looking for hiring a contractor. 1 phone call to set up in-person interview including several question on the call. Next, About 15 questions total was being asked for the first round 1:1 interview. Third, the test should be done in an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was quick and painless, people were great, only issue was scheduling my interviews. There was some confusion of who was supposed to send me an interview invite to my email. Other than that, it was easy.

Interview Questions

• What are my strength & weaknesses?
      Why am I leaving my current company?
      What experiences do I have in operations?
      How long have I been in operations?
      Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Put my resume up on Monster and a week later I got a call from someone in HR. We scheduled for an interview the following week. Came in and met with the HR lady (apparently, she's the only one handling the entire department) and a young lady who was the marketing director. They both seemed very green and inexperienced and the marketing lady even told me she had just recently been promoted from the position I was going to be interviewing for. Nevertheless, the interview seemed to go by very smoothly (took about an hour or so). They asked the same general questions (Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the company?). Fresh out of college, I answered as earnestly as I could and my answers seemed to resonate with them. I got invited back for a second interview with the manager for the position. They also required that I take a personality quiz for some nefarious reason (ha) just to see where I would best fit in their company.

I finally got a call again two weeks later. The process was delayed because the manager was out of town on business. When I met him the guy seemed easy going but slightly overconfident. Like the marketing director lady, he explained that he worked from the bottom up and now he was in a position where he was invaluable to the company. I took all this with a grain of salt and just went with the motions, telling him what he wanted to hear. He stressed that the position had very low pay at the beginning and the job would be stressful at first but that he was a very understanding boss as long as I got my job done. It seemed right then that the job was already mine. Sure enough, a week later I got a call with an offer. Pay was pathetically low (slightly above minimum wage) since it was an entry level position. Pride got in the way and I tried to ask for a slightly higher rate. The HR lady said she would speak with the manager about it. That was the last time I heard from them again. I tried to email and call but I never got a response back. Completely awful and unprofessional and a gigantic waste of everyone's time without even a courtesy of a polite rejection. I'm pretty sure they had one or two candidates as backup since they knew at least one of us would decline the offer.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Super easy interview. They asked mostly stock stuff. They were mostly trying to see if I could fit in and get along, or if I be a pain in the butt.

Interview Questions

• What byte is the ONFI extended status command?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is working there. I started the interview with VP of sales, Chief Marketing office, and then spent some time with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is the biggest OCZ competitor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for slightly higher base and better commission plan

PCB Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (Abingdon, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a face to face, followed by another phone interview with the US office.

Interview Questions

• 'How would you deal with low Tg materials?'   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OCZ Storage Solutions (Taipei (Taiwan)) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was quite short, 1:1 interview was a bit longer, and I has to wait for the panel interview and HQ decission, what took a bit long, over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you get details about your comission payments