OLN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.0

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of the following: online application --> quick phone interview --> one-on-one interview --> job shadow. I enjoyed interviewing with OLN, I ended up receiving an offer, but had to decline because I received another offer.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Mar 16, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, hopefully this will be useful to other Glassdoor readers! I appreciate you taking the time to interview with us. Wishing you the best, Eli

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OLN (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 1 week the recruiter lady contacted me. She sounds nice. I scheduled an interview next day. I was the only candidate when I got there. After I fill out some forms, the company president came out to get me. He was nice and asked some general interview questions. Nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good leader? What do you expect from your leader?   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! I'm glad to hear everything was fairly pleasant :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a two step process to get hired. So for the first round there was a 15 minute interview, and the second was an all day shadow interview. This is the biggest joke of a company I have ever seen. They refer to it as a "management training program" but this a complete lie. You go door to door in a specific territory to businesses to switch to t-mobile. This is not management training at all. Many people at this company are all drinking the same strange cool aid and think that they are all going to be running the business in 24 months time. Do they think we are all dumb because no that's not how you run a business. Stay away from OLN this was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself being a manager of this company?   1 Answer

Nov 3, 2016 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your interview. Unfortunately, it is clear that you came to some pre-mature conclusions that are simply false. I would be curious to understand why you ... More

Account Manager Interview

Interview

15 min first round interview + a whole day shadowing interview to get an idea about working as an "account manager" there - this is the stupidest interview I've ever had. Not only because the people there are not well educated, but also they seem to be brain washed by the leadership of this company. All they know is to follow the rules and system and they are told eventually they will open their own office, which is ridiculous because you don't run a business like that.

Interview Questions

This company and its people make me feel super dumb. It's door to door sales. They just approach random owners of stores on the street and call themselves account managers. I don't know why there are still people want to work for this company. Maybe because they don't have other options. Super negative experience, especially the second round. Such a waste of my time

Oct 13, 2016 – President

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your job shadow of the entry level position you applied for. It never makes me happy to hear ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first step is an interview with Elijah - he is great because he is really clear about what he is looking for. If you pass the step, you are invited for a full day shadowing! And this is great because you really understand what the job is about! After that you have a feedback meeting with Elijah as well, you comment on the day together and you share great points of view!

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I appreciate your time! :) Eli

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an awful experience, do not believe anything they say. They may say you will make a lot of money, you will have responsibilities...It was a waste of my time

Interview Questions

• some questions about leadership...well everyone will pass every round.   Answer Question

Oct 13, 2016 – President

Hey there, I'm so sorry to hear that your interview wasn't a positive experience for you. It sounds like you have some questions about my integrity, which is really a shame to hear. I would love to ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OLN (Whittier, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three interviews

1st
    A waste of time as they spent 10 minutes getting to know you and sharing very little about the company. It's a waste of time because no matter what they call you back for a second interview.

2nd
    A shadow interview where you SPEND all day walking business to business with a current employer and he tries to sell their product.

3rd.
    A post interview after shadow day that also takes 10 minutes but you get asked more important questions regarding your goals and what you want from the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you fear about going business to business doing sales.   Answer Question

The company is great, a lot of cool people and so much good emergent and vibes. However, I am the person who can't go business to business doing sales. I personally don't believe I gain anything out of that aside from communication skills and sales skills.

Nov 3, 2016 – President

Hey there, Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that the interviewing process wasn't too stressful. The preliminary interview is indeed brief. I can assure you that ... More

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very brief. Elijah was personable, yet professional, asking questions specific to my work experience and my future goals.

I was invited to do a day of shadowing, which is the next step to screen before the second interview. Another opportunity came up, so I had to decline.

Interview Questions

• What do I look for in a manager?   1 Answer

Aug 10, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback! Wishing you the best with the new position! Eli

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First step was a phone screening. As with any interview, I felt a bit nervous before the scheduled call, but the recruiter was nice and easy to talk to. I thought her tone was chiller than the average recruiter, but that did make the conversation go smoother and I attributed it to culture.

Made it to the next step*, which is an all-day shadowing interview. From here I was already skeptical off the bat, just because it was such a large time commitment (9-5:30). I entered the office and waited for a few minutes and signed paperwork. I was then taken to the main room after where the interviewees and employees were playing games before the shadowing started. I was then paired up with someone who currently works there, and I was to follow this person all day doing what he normally does. It was door-to-door sales for businesses. This was not included in the job description and it was very deceiving. Still, I decided to stick around to see whether it would get better, but the rest of the day was planned to be just as it was before the lunch break. My insides were screaming "no" the whole time so I ended the interview early and left.**

* My review says the process took two months. The process took longer for me because I was out of state and would probably be faster if you're in California.
    ** The interviewer was understanding of the situation and I appreciate the transparency of this part of the interview because it does show you what you were getting into before signing an offer. This could be a great opportunity for people who genuinely want to grind and learn, and the team does seem to be strong and close-knit. I am just giving it a negative experience because the door-to-door aspect was not expected in any way, and is not something I would have scheduled if I had known beforehand. Just know what you are getting yourself into.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Oct 13, 2016 – President

Hey there! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this long review, and I loved you asterisks! I'm so glad to hear that you liked talking with Jessica on the phone (She is definitely chiller ... More

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

An all day interview following a team leader.You get to see what you are expected to do on a daily basis. It was really nice to be able to see what you would be doing if you were hired, instead of just getting questions thrown at you.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Jul 20, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for sharing your interview experience on here! I'm glad to hear that it was a positive experience. Warm regards, Eli/CEO