OLN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.0

Sales & Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First part of the interview: basic questioning and screening; if passed then you will be asked to come to a second round of "interviews"

The second part of the interview requires you to shadow a sales manager/associate from 9-5:30. I followed around someone the whole day while learning that this is similar to going door to door (within designated businesses) to sell a specific product. The Carson City's location was selling T-Mobile contracts.
    Third interview: You're interviewed by the CEO and is evaluated one last time.

It was a pretty extensive process for the interview considering it was a sales job. I appreciated that they were transparent on what the job position is, but it would've been a better experience if you were at least paid for it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OLN (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first round is on-site interview. The second round is a one-day job shadow. The third round is on site as well, right after the job shadow. It was a quiz based on what you have learned during the job shadow.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Jun 29, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for taking the time to interview with my company and for leaving a review!!

Eli

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of the following: online application --> quick phone interview --> one-on-one interview --> job shadow. I enjoyed interviewing with OLN, I ended up receiving an offer, but had to decline because I received another offer.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Mar 16, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, hopefully this will be useful to other Glassdoor readers! I appreciate you taking the time to interview with us. Wishing you the best, Eli

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OLN (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 1 week the recruiter lady contacted me. She sounds nice. I scheduled an interview next day. I was the only candidate when I got there. After I fill out some forms, the company president came out to get me. He was nice and asked some general interview questions. Nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good leader? What do you expect from your leader?   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! I'm glad to hear everything was fairly pleasant :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a two step process to get hired. So for the first round there was a 15 minute interview, and the second was an all day shadow interview. This is the biggest joke of a company I have ever seen. They refer to it as a "management training program" but this a complete lie. You go door to door in a specific territory to businesses to switch to t-mobile. This is not management training at all. Many people at this company are all drinking the same strange cool aid and think that they are all going to be running the business in 24 months time. Do they think we are all dumb because no that's not how you run a business. Stay away from OLN this was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself being a manager of this company?   1 Answer

Nov 3, 2016 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your interview.

Unfortunately, it is clear that you came to some pre-mature conclusions that are simply false. I would be curious to understand why you... More

Account Manager Interview

Interview

15 min first round interview + a whole day shadowing interview to get an idea about working as an "account manager" there - this is the stupidest interview I've ever had. Not only because the people there are not well educated, but also they seem to be brain washed by the leadership of this company. All they know is to follow the rules and system and they are told eventually they will open their own office, which is ridiculous because you don't run a business like that.

Interview Questions

This company and its people make me feel super dumb. It's door to door sales. They just approach random owners of stores on the street and call themselves account managers. I don't know why there are still people want to work for this company. Maybe because they don't have other options. Super negative experience, especially the second round. Such a waste of my time

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your job shadow of the entry level position you applied for. It never makes me happy to hear... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first step is an interview with Elijah - he is great because he is really clear about what he is looking for. If you pass the step, you are invited for a full day shadowing! And this is great because you really understand what the job is about! After that you have a feedback meeting with Elijah as well, you comment on the day together and you share great points of view!

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Oct 13, 2016 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I appreciate your time! :)

Eli

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an awful experience, do not believe anything they say. They may say you will make a lot of money, you will have responsibilities...It was a waste of my time

Interview Questions

• some questions about leadership...well everyone will pass every round.   Answer Question

Hey there,
    I'm so sorry to hear that your interview wasn't a positive experience for you. It sounds like you have some questions about my integrity, which is really a shame to hear. I would love to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OLN (Whittier, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three interviews

1st
    A waste of time as they spent 10 minutes getting to know you and sharing very little about the company. It's a waste of time because no matter what they call you back for a second interview.

2nd
    A shadow interview where you SPEND all day walking business to business with a current employer and he tries to sell their product.

3rd.
    A post interview after shadow day that also takes 10 minutes but you get asked more important questions regarding your goals and what you want from the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you fear about going business to business doing sales.   Answer Question

The company is great, a lot of cool people and so much good emergent and vibes. However, I am the person who can't go business to business doing sales. I personally don't believe I gain anything out of that aside from communication skills and sales skills.

Nov 3, 2016 – President

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that the interviewing process wasn't too stressful.

The preliminary interview is indeed brief. I can assure you that... More

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very hands-on. There are two. The first one goes over your work experience and your goals. The second one allows you to see first hand what it us you will be doing and if you are a suitable fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? where do you see yourself in five years? why?   Answer Question

Jul 6, 2017 – President

Hey there! I appreciate the review! You are 100% on point that it's a hands-on interview -- I'm glad you enjoyed being able to see what we do first hand. Many thanks for taking the time to interview... More