OLN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OLN

2.0

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Long Beach, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Account Manager: a fancy way of calling it "door to door salesman"

PROS:

OLN focuses on honing your skills in marketing and growing your team in hopes that one day you can open your own branch. They lay out the payment structure, benefits, and position timeline out in clear terms, and if you're into sales, this would be great for you.

If you're given an offer, training is provided and they will hold your hand until you firmly grasp the understandings of the business.

CONS:
    In the 2nd round interview, you are shadowing team leads/other account managers for an entire day, unpaid. I was under the impression that the position would be driving to different client offices and maintaining relationships; not going door to door selling T-Mobile to Ma and Pa stores in the ghetto. I felt a very mislead and spent the entire day shadowing what is basically a door to door sales gig.

Sure, the company puts in hard work and management is very straight forward. This type of work generates a big portion of sales for Fortune 500 companies; therefore it is very important that this line of work exists. However, management puts the position in a disguise of "Direct Marketing" (which according to textbook, they are not in the wrong) but DO NOT BE FOOLED. This is merely a sales rep position. I was not informed I would be going door to door for 9 hours a day trying to sell products to small businesses. That's not what I signed up for.

Also, your pay is purely commission. There is a base pay if you don't make any sales for the week, however, it is recoupable by the company once you earn anything past the base draw. So basically you must make sales or you're practically in debt to the company until you do.

Calling it an "Account Manager" position is only half-correct. It really should be called "B2B Door Salesman".

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would allow you to assume a management position.   1 Answer

Nov 1, 2019 – President

Reviewer,

To start, we want to thank you for providing our team with such a detailed review of your interview process. We must say, it almost seems like you actually worked for us! We are happy to read that you understood how our pay structure and training programs work. Our aim is to set our new team members up for success from the very beginning. Now, we want to touch base on a few concerns that you listed in the con section. We work hard to be very transparent in our job ads and during the interview process. We apologize if you felt mislead or if there was a miscommunication. We do work face to face with our client's customers. This allows us to create instant relationships with them and makes them more likely to become a life-long customer. Once again, we apologize that our position was not what you were looking for and we wish you all the best as you continue your job search!

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Long Beach, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

You get a call confirming an in-person interview, have the interview with the head of sales, then you get called in for a second-round interview which is really a shadow-day.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Sep 26, 2019 – President

Reviewer,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this description of our interview process even though we were not a good fit for you. Best of luck!

"Account Manager" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I interviewed at OLN (Long Beach, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Lied about how they got my information for an interview. It's a door-to-door salesman vibe (well.. it is), and likely fully commission. Probably not too bad if you like sales, but I'm not into sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you'd want to work of OLN?   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2019 – President

Reviewer,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback! We get candidates offers through many different resources. Also, when an individual posts their resume online, they have the option of making it private or open to companies looking to hire someone with your credentials. Our recruiting team must have viewed your resume and thought you matched what we are currently looking for. It seems that that was not the case but we wish you all the best as you continue your job search!

OLN Inc Management Team

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OLN.

Interview

Quick interview , easy questions, they just want to get a feel of your skills. The base pay doesn’t seem worth it for the amount of hours they require to be out in the field, but if you make sales the bonuses play out well.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

May 24, 2019 – President

Interviewer,

First of all, congratulations on joining the team! The preliminary interview is meant to be short and concise to learn more about your interpersonal and communication skills. Since we have no capped commissions, the base is just to be a security. We are excited to work with you.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

There are three rounds interview.
    1st, Brief interview: general questions and behavior questions ( There are many people in the first round, but only four in my second shadow interview. But maybe because some others are arranged in different days or they just changed their minds.)
    2nd, shadow interview: following one team leader to familiar the work process. I walked a lot inside on plaza that day.
    3rd, Do you have any questions want to ask?(cannot remember) tightly followed the shadow interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. what's the law of average   1 Answer

Apr 8, 2019 – President

Reviewer,

First of all, congratulations on joining the team! You did an excellent job explaining our three round interview process. The preliminary interview is a way to review the candidate's resume, in depth, as well as learn their interpersonal and communication skills. The second interview is a shadow interview to make sure the position is a good fit for both the future employee and the organization. We are excited to work with you. Best of luck!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of a full day spent shadowing other sales associates. At the end of the day, there was a one on one interview that followed a more standard format.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Dec 10, 2018 – President

Reviewer,

Thanks for the insight! We appreciate you helping prepare future interviewees with your experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

They don't really care about experience. You go in the manager asks a couple of questions and you get called back for a shadow interview. That's where you follow another employee on their day to day outside. You walk with them into different local businesses and try to sell them on the company you're representing. After that its up to you if you choose to stay with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you think this is something you can do with the proper training?   1 Answer

Dec 10, 2018 – President

Reviewer,

Your feedback is 100% accurate; we believe in full transparency and allow interviews to see the exact, day to day responsibilities of the position they are interviewing for. We're glad to know that you appreciated our interview style and accepted our offer. Hopefully, with the right training, you will go far here at OLN Inc.

Eli

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OLN.

Interview

First round interview is easy, just ask some basic things. the manager will go through your background and ask you some questions about what you plan to do in five years.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Nov 14, 2018 – President

First of all congratulations on joining the team! The preliminary interview is more of a meet and greet as you mentioned, going over your resume, as well as gauging your communication and interpersonal skills. We look forward to working with you.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview process is very fast.

You'll get interviewed by the president of the company who is a nice person as well as the staff; and then the next day, you'll shadow a sales agent all day at the field. Lunch is on you!

Basically, this job is about knocking every businesses doors in the assassinated territory and trying to convince the manager to switch to T-Mobile right at the moment. They don't schedule appointments or follow ups with the prospects. Which can be a waste of time if you are visiting the same business for the 2nd or 3rd time and the manager is not there (that happened a several times during the shadowing day).

This is a 100% commission sales job at the field, which they won't tell you until the lunch during the shadowing day.

The work environment seems to be very cool, the goal is to become a manager of your own sales team and move forward like in a pyramidal structure, it seems to be a great opportunity to grow.

I enjoyed the experience but is not the kind of job I am looking for at this moment, so I had to decline the job offer.

Interview Questions

OLN Response

Oct 24, 2018 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for participating in our preliminary & second interview. We know that time is valuable, especially when looking for employment. We wanted to consult some of the information you provided, in order to offer more clarity to yourself and other readers. We do allow for appointments but have found that impulse sales generate better results for our client. Everyone is guaranteed a base draw upon hire, so, unfortunately, the feedback on pay is inaccurate. We apologize if there was any misunderstanding in the explanation on our part, though. We're not trying to recruit for a sales job; what was observed in your second interview was the foundational role in a comprehensive management training program where we cross train people from a field marketing account manager into an executive role organically. We break down this development cycle fully on the website, so it was not our intention to portray that role as one being doing indefinitely. We will work on articulating the growth structure better and more preemptively. Best of luck in your continued search!

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OLN (Carson, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Preliminary interview is with the president, where he asks you basic question about your experience in the working culture and your academics. It is smooth and he makes you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Jul 11, 2018 – President

Thanks so much for taking the time to interview with our company! I'm glad it went well.