ORISE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ORISE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ORISE.

Interview

No interview. I applied through my school. And 1 month later got the email saying that i have been selected by a mentor.Will be working on a research project and submit an abstract at the end of the summer internship.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

This was an interview specifically for a position at CDC in the Division of Lab Sciences. There was an initial meeting to get to know the hiring supervisor and the lab chief. The second interview was about 2 hours long and involved having a brief one on one with each member of the lab group to ascertain fit within the lab team.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of how mass spectroscopy works?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process initially consisted of online application (resume, cover letter, general questions, and submission of a writing sample). After the initial deadline closed, I was contacted for a second writing sample and scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes long and group/panel style, with three CDC/ORISE employees taking turns asking questions and responding to the candidate's questions. I believe it took them about 1 week after the interview to contact the selected candidate, and about 2 1/2 weeks to contact everyone else who did not receive an offer. There was no in-person interview after the phone interview, which was initially unclear.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ORISE.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair, then a few months later received a call about a specific position that I was qualified for and then set up a phone interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you're interested in the position.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two CDC employees working on the Zika response for a research position and direct hire so I did not interview with ORISE personnel. The interview process was quick and easy. I was offered the position the next day.

Health Promotion Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORISE (Aberdeen, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by email and a few days later had a brief phone interview to verify my qualifications. A few weeks later, I was contacted to come in for a panel interview. I interviewed with the project led, a health educator and the military officer in charge. The interview was real easy, asked personal questions in relation to career choice and how I would handle certain situations on the job. I felt totally comfortable and at ease. After the interview, I was given a tour of the facility.

Research Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORISE (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for an Internship. It was a 45 minute long phone interview. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Asked few very basic technical questions. Rest of the conversation included explanation of the project.

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard interview process varies depending on assignment. May ask technical question and a report back to Orise is required at the end of assignment. People where friendly but ORISE rep was not as helpful as would have hoped.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ORISE (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

ORISE Fellowship is a scholarship for someone who wants to work as a research fellows in many national labs such as USDA, FDA, NIH,CDC to name a few. The interview process is fairly simple you apply for job and they call you for a phone interview if you are short listed. Some time you might have to give research presentations on site. Once selected by the agency the paper work take any where between 1 month to 2 months to get an offer letter and joining date.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORISE (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email to set up interview. I was also sent an essay formatted questionnaire. We had a Skype interview. I them received offer 3 days later. Applied online. Received email to set up interview. I was also sent an essay formatted questionnaire. We had a Skype interview. I them received offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Public health evaluation experience?   1 Answer