ORISE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ORISE Interview Questions

Interviews at ORISE

2.5

Lab Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ORISE in January 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process done over the phone where they gave a rundown of the different lab projects and duties. Then they asked about my experiences and my availability and schedule.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORISE (Fairfield, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

I was told about the administrative/management position opening by a friend. After we discussed my capabilities and what was required, my friend told his supervisor(who was hiring) that I was interested. I came to meet the supervisor, and we discussed the responsibilities. It was informal and no technical questions were asked. I was asked if I'd like to continue working in the government sector for a while if hired. After the interview, I was asked to apply to ORISE through their website, which involved uploading my resume, university coursework and grades, and a few other odds and ends. I had to get three people to visit the website and act as referrals for me - I don't know the details of what they were asked. After about 6 weeks, I was finally hired. From what I've seen, the hiring process through ORISE doesn't always take this long; most of the time it takes 2-4 weeks.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I told the person interviewing me for the position what I had made previously, and he tried to stay close to that. After a year, my contract was renewed, and I got a salary bump.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview turned into a meet in person lab interview. It was laid back and easy. Just talked about what they needed, my experience and what was expected of the position they were posting

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ORISE.

Interview

No interview. I applied through my school. And 1 month later got the email saying that i have been selected by a mentor.Will be working on a research project and submit an abstract at the end of the summer internship.

Intern Interview

Interview

None really, just applied. No interview. Do ask cover letter. Straightforward. Need 30 ch ar ac te rs. But didn't really know where will end up or how ended up where I did

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked of me but they do require a cover letter. Also there can be separate groups hiring you, even though accepted had to apply again on a different site for formality, can be a bit messy on their end.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard interview process varies depending on assignment. May ask technical question and a report back to Orise is required at the end of assignment. People where friendly but ORISE rep was not as helpful as would have hoped.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ORISE in April 2017.

Interview

One Phone call, introduce their project, and then tell me their salary and how good it is to work there. And then asked me some questions on my resume. Basically my skills and my research.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two CDC employees working on the Zika response for a research position and direct hire so I did not interview with ORISE personnel. The interview process was quick and easy. I was offered the position the next day.

Research Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORISE (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for an Internship. It was a 45 minute long phone interview. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Asked few very basic technical questions. Rest of the conversation included explanation of the project.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Aberdeen, MD).

Interview

2 interviews, both by phone as I did not live near the site. Pretty similar to other interviews I've had in academia, mostly talking about research background and interests.