Oberto Snacks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oberto Snacks Interview Questions

Interviews at Oberto Snacks

2.4

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks.

Interview

Screening call with HR and then straight to interview loop with 2 other brand managers, marketing, sales, and the Oberto who is there still. I thought it was odd that I didn't have a call before the interview loop. That could have saved a lot of time.

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Bentonville, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

Very respectful and engaging. The process was not intimidating and employees were open and made you feel comfortable. You were able to have a two way conversation and in-depth discussions. I spoke over the phone with the hiring manager as the first step, then with the HR manager. Both were upfront and informed me of the process and would let me know if they were interested in next steps. Lastly I attended a one-on-one meeting with the hiring manager and spoke with other employees within the office who each asked several applicable experience questions.

Interview Questions

• How have I been able to accomplish prior successes listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks.

Interview

After a detailed phone screen, I had two more interviews to complete the process. My first interview was at the Kent Corporate office. It was a panel interview that was broken up into two groups of people that I would potentially be working with. The final interview was with the SVP of HR over Skype. The whole process was smooth and easy going. The interview questions were geared at experience and the environment that I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of diversity on the plant floor as far as different languages spoken, how would you develop trainings that would accommodate for these language barriers?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Auburn, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I started this all in a different state. Contacted Oberto through Indeed.com. They were looking for a machine operator and pay was based on experience. I did two phone interviews; one with an hr rep, the other with a shift manager. Both phone interactions went well in my opinion. I kept communication with the hr rep via email during my moving process (2000 miles away). Finally did my face-to-face interview and that didn't go well. I had the wrong oberto address so I ended up late to interview by 5 min, I got to the first place 20 min early. Once I got to the right place we had the interview which lasted about 5 min. The salary I was told that was in their range when I first applied turned out to be too high. Understandable, but that was something the phone interview should of hit, not the face-to-face. If I would of known their thoughts on pay I wouldn't of done the 2nd interview and would of applied somewhere else that was will to hire in my range. Their loss, especially after reading the other reviews on this place. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for salary wise?   2 Answers

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Kent, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

hire from agency, interview with the company for about 30 min with manager and shift supervisor. call the agency after interview. orientation with agency tomorrow and orientation the next day.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Kent, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy going interview that went pretty well. The interviewer is helpful and did not put any pressure on you. Can reschedule easily and can do video call option if needed.

Interview Questions

• This position require a lot of multi tasking and has its up and down int hings to work. How do you will deal with that?   Answer Question

Product Realization Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a quick phone screen and an in-person interview where I spoke with multiple people from different teams. It was very apparent from the beginning why a majority of the previous reviews are predominately negative. The teams within this company have a very strong disconnect and lack cohesion. The tenure of the employees I met with ranged from 11-30+ years. It was obvious that these people felt very entitled and feared change. The members of the different teams I met with all spoke in a negative demeanor towards their peers. The comments clearly reflect the negative water cooler talk mentioned in the previous reviews.

A few things that stood out during the interview process that had me shaking my head:

The day I was scheduled for the in-person the company was having a board meeting. I was only given a small window to meet with my potential boss. The majority of the interview was supposed to be with this person and it ended up being the complete opposite. Being that this person would have been my supervisor its outrageous that I was only given a limited amount of time to speak with them. Why on earth would the recruiter schedule me for an in-person the day of a board meeting? To me this shows a lack of organization and communication.

I was asked by one of the senior employees if I preferred pen and paper or a computer. It's 2015!!!! I'm not even going to elaborate on this. I was also asked by the same person if I've used Excel. I have Excel listed at the top of my resume which he was holding in his hand!!!! Are you kidding me?

I was instructed by one team to dumb down what I was saying to the next team because I might come across as intimidating. The reason I was told to do this was because they were stuck in their ways and afraid of change. I can't believe that during an interview I would have to sound less intelligent and speak to a Senor employee in that manner. The questions I received from this team were extremely old school and had nothing to do with what the job entailed. I wasn't asked anything that involved any hypothetical situations or involved any critical thinking.

I was also asked in a very odd way why I would want to work for Oberto. I have great experience with fortune 500 companies. I received the impression that I was trying to be convinced not to take the job. Only two out of the six people I met with actually sold me on accepting the position had I received an offer. Like I previously stated, people obviously felt entitled and were showing up just to get a pay check. I honestly question if the people I spoke with care at all about the well being of the company.

I just want to state that I've never written a review (negative or positive) on Glassdoor, but this experience was so incredibly unprofessional that I felt obligated to share with anyone considering investing their time and effort with this company.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get one difficult question. Every question was something you would expect for a traditional entry level job with no degree. Ex: What's your best weakness?   Answer Question

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

They use recruiters and internal recruiters to search candidates. Once found recruiter screens you, and then the hiring manager will screen you. After the screens they bring you in for one on one. If they like you they hire you.

Interview Questions

• How my experience matched the role?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Kent, WA).

Interview

Disorganized from the get go. The Recruiter set up an initial phone interview and totally missed our call. Okay, I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I reached out and another initial phone interview was scheduled. I had a one-on-one with the President/CEO and the Sr. HR Manager. The interview process was fairly easy, but unimpressionable. It was apparent from both executives that the previous admin left the company on not great terms. I was appalled when the admin's exit was discussed in detail which left me with a bad taste in my mouth about the organization as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oberto?   2 Answers

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oberto Snacks (Nashville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

Supervisor and Manager just said when can you start not really an interview. I was kinda shocked about how easy it was to put someone in a role of Quality Assurance, Because this position is very important to the outcome of the product.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, Just when can you start and they told me the rate of pay dress code and that someone would show me how to fill out the paper work and what to look for on the floor