Ocean County College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ocean County College Interview Questions

Interviews at Ocean County College

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean County College in July 2013.

Interview

I had a 3 member panel phone interview with the Associate VP of HR and two directors (Athletics and College Relations). The phone interview began 30 minutes late because they were running behind. I had an in person interview, panel style with 4 members of the HR team that lasted about 60 minutes. Immediately after that, I went on to meet with the original 3 member panel in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview with the 4 HR members was fairly standard. However, they asked outdated questions. I could tell that they asked the same scripted questions for each candidate and were using a rating scale of some sort after each interview. You could tell the questions had been photocopied dozens of times.

The panel interview with the 2 Directors and Associate VP was unscripted and undirected. They wanted to see "what I wanted to talk about". I was asked to explain the concept of employement engagement, to which I was told it was a bunch of "mumbo jumbo".   Answer Question

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocean County College (Toms River, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a representative from the office asked a couple generic questions about how my current job experience was relevant to the position and then I was offered an in person interview a couple days later. When the in person interview was concluded I was told a decision would be made the following week but by the time I got back to work I had already received a generic HR emailing explaining that the position has been filled.

Interview Questions

• How can you apply your current skills and experience to this position?   1 Answer

Administrator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ocean County College (Toms River, NJ).

Interview

I was invited for an initial interview and advised that I should set aside enough time beforehand as "the President or VP OAA may want to interview you after the committee does." When I came for the interview, I had to find the room and stand outside (there were no chairs). When I looked in the window of the door where my interview was scheduled to take place (to determine whether I should enter), an interview with another candidate was taking place. One of the committee members saw me look in and he responded by shaking his head at me, to mean no, don't interrupt. I took his cue and waited in the hall for 10-15 minutes, and watched the interview end, followed by the committee members walking out to take a break without even looking at me. I never felt so unwelcome, and a bit surprised by the lack of respect from the committee chair and members. Also, the candidate who interviewed before me walked out of the room while I stood there. There were no efforts made by the College to protect the candidates from seeing each other.

Veteran Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ocean County College (Toms River, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview, Panel Interview, Executive Interview - *Tiered process
    I was a senior in 2018 Fall semester when I applied for the position. I was forward with the understanding that I was to graduate after Spring of 2019, and the position needed to be filled full-time by March of 2019. The college, tentatively offered me the position in March, but was not able to confirm my hire until the Board of Trustees met and approved my start date of May 2019. The overall experience has been a delight and welcoming with open arms.

Interview Questions

• What programs would you like to see on campus to cater specifically to the Student Veteran population?   Answer Question
    • How does your personal experience attribute to the role you see yourself in?   Answer Question