Oceaneering International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very informative. Open house was a good place to learn some stuff. Learned some concepts about submarines. Met some very informative people and got some good tips. I wish they had a job opening for me.

Data Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview

It was super easy, and also incredibly nepotistic. Panel of 3-4 people, and I pretty much was offered the job on the spot. All older white men, incredibly not diverse, which should have been a red flag from the get go.

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX).

Interview

In person, one time interview. Very relaxed conversation with manager and other employees. took about 2 hours because i spoke with a lot of people but overall very informative about the position.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was good, I was invited onsite for a panel interview. I was called a couple of weeks after by the recruiter stating that I did not have the required experience. I wish I was told this before being asked for an interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if we were to hire you?

Please tell us about your experience on pipe integrity   Answer Question

Machinist Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a panel interview with 4 interviewers. It was very casual and was more like a conversation than a nerve wracking situation. Very easy questions, and very friendly people all around.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Didn't interview. Higher-up in company directly contacted professor of my major and asked for juniors/seniors to send HR contact their resumes for an internship position. Submitted my resume via email to HR, and was called and offered position within a couple weeks.

Had already been in contact with specific HR through email and at previous Career Fairs.

Negotiation

Should have asked for more hourly as a graduate intern, but didn't think of it at the time.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Went thru a successful Interview with the Dept Manager, IT manager & network manager.
    I was informed that I was the pick for the position, but the position is now frozen.
    I frequently called the recruiter, and got the standard answer. "Wee get back with you. Its 8 monts later and still haven't heard a word from that worthless recruiter firm.
    I was tossed aside and forgotten.

Interview Questions

• questions on advanced Systems Administration, and network Administration   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oceaneering International in August 2015.

Interview

One on one interview presenting product or system you designed. Bring in printed documentation describing the system and prepare to discuss it. Documentation that I provided was barely glanced at, interview did not follow format that was presented in interview. However I pivoted well and aced all the questions. Interviewer then asked about salary requirements. When I told him my *current* salary he whistled and said, "No way do we bring in software engineers that high!" All in all it was a waste of time. Clearly they were looking for a junior developer but pitched the job as senior position. A cursory scan of my resume would have shown that I was a candidate for a senior position with 20 years of experience. Going on a month later I have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked to provide the following:
      - Printed documentation of a product or system that you had a significant role in delivering. This can be any project, even personal, homebrew, school project, or open source applications
      - Be prepared to discuss your involvement in the project (lead, senior, test engineer, etc)
      - Be prepared to discuss your role with other engineering disciplines and/or departments
      - Include design documentation if available
      - This information should be provided in printed format and presented orally
      - All printed information will be returned to you
      - Allocated time: Approximately 20 minutes
      - All documentation should be unclassified and not contain any proprietary data   1 Answer

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter for an interview. Went to the interview the next week. Got invited again for a second interview the following week. First interview was technical questions and second interview was standard interview questions with some questions on how to solve some problems.

Interview Questions

• Simple technical questions in the first interview. Second interview was more generic interview (what are your weaknesses and strengths type questions).   Answer Question

CAD Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very easy and straightforward. It was a relaxed and casual process. They told me the expectations of the job and what would be required of me and what the challenges of the position would be. The the two people that interviewed me were very professional and personable.