Oceaneering International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oceaneering International Interview Questions

Interviews at Oceaneering International

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview

It was simple. There were not any technical questions. Most of the interview was like a conversation. The interview probably lasted about 1 hour. The employer wants to make sure you will be happy with company and the environment of place.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview

First a recruiter called me and asked why I was looking for a job, then she set up the interview. I met with a manager and he asked me a couple questions. I don't think it took him long to decide I was not the right for the position because the interview was about 15 minutes. He claimed he had another meeting. He also made a lot of comments how some of the people that work there are not very nice and you need thick skin.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you used your critical thinking skills?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview

Very dysfunctional, unorganized and partly chaotic interview process [red flag]. Recruiter didn't even clarify specifics on which language they would test against. Recruiter says "we're professional here", along with one senior level employee saying the identical phrase (when they announce that their professional, it's the opposite) [red flag]. I studied both languages mentioned, leaning more towards one particular coding language. In the technical phone interview, an immediate technical coding assessment was expected (as mentioned by the recruiter), yet we did a > 1 hour long discussion of my background, introductions, details about the role, high details about all of my experiences with data science (which was taxing/exhausting) [red flag]. After, they presented several coding questions with Collabedit that they expected you to complete in a live demo. I immediately backed off and said I'm either taking these coding exercises home or dismiss my application. They hesitated and seemed like they wanted me in their group, so they transferred it to a take-home coding exercise. The questions disappeared in the Collabedit link (luckily I copied them to Word during the interview day), although I contacted the recruiter about this ridiculous situation. I completed all 4 questions (any 2 were required) and even fixed one finicky code block on-time. I received a standard rejection email with no feedback 2 days later. I didn't even ask for feedback because it was too ridiculous. I'm certainly glad they rejected.

Two senior employees on the technical interview, one was completely incompetent and reading from pieces of paper/Googling answers, the other was completely competent in relational databases. It's obvious the weak employee was "hiding" behind the capable employee here (I've seen this before). It was obvious I was more capable in technical abilities across several disciples than the weak senior employee who had power over the capable senior employee. The weaker employee gave strange comments in the early part of the phone call as well. Ridiculous interfacing with these two people.

Overall, a horrible interview and it would annoy any candidate. It reflects these poor reviews about this company, particularly in the San Diego office. They do lie about their "fast-paced" environment - again the opposite. This company is removing benefits from their system with time. Keeping honest with the interview doesn't work with this company (they have trust problems as well). Many red flags waving.

Interview Questions

• Random, slightly strange questions spanning several disciplines: mapping, data science, relational databases, AI, algorithms, atmospheric data formats, middleware, big data, etc.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Norfolk, VA) in June 2019.

Interview

Screening interview by phone from a Human Resources Recruiter that sent me an email asking if I was available to speak by phone and to suggest one or more days and times. This was easy to respond to and the screening happened within a week.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of having a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. I thought it was very straightforward and succinct, nothing else was necessary. Eye contact helped make the interview more effective.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about going offshore?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

First I had a call with HR, then was invited for an in office interview. I interviewed with 2 of my potential bosses, while the main boss was out of the country. I was told that I would be notified for a final interview with him upon his return.

Interview Questions

• What is your marine experience?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very informative. Open house was a good place to learn some stuff. Learned some concepts about submarines. Met some very informative people and got some good tips. I wish they had a job opening for me.

Data Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview

It was super easy, and also incredibly nepotistic. Panel of 3-4 people, and I pretty much was offered the job on the spot. All older white men, incredibly not diverse, which should have been a red flag from the get go.

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX).

Interview

In person, one time interview. Very relaxed conversation with manager and other employees. took about 2 hours because i spoke with a lot of people but overall very informative about the position.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was good, I was invited onsite for a panel interview. I was called a couple of weeks after by the recruiter stating that I did not have the required experience. I wish I was told this before being asked for an interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if we were to hire you?

Please tell us about your experience on pipe integrity   Answer Question