Oceaneering International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2018

2.7

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Didn't interview. Higher-up in company directly contacted professor of my major and asked for juniors/seniors to send HR contact their resumes for an internship position. Submitted my resume via email to HR, and was called and offered position within a couple weeks.

Had already been in contact with specific HR through email and at previous Career Fairs.

Negotiation

Should have asked for more hourly as a graduate intern, but didn't think of it at the time.

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX).

Interview

In person, one time interview. Very relaxed conversation with manager and other employees. took about 2 hours because i spoke with a lot of people but overall very informative about the position.

CAD Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very easy and straightforward. It was a relaxed and casual process. They told me the expectations of the job and what would be required of me and what the challenges of the position would be. The the two people that interviewed me were very professional and personable.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy, very informative, they took the time to explain a bit about the industry, expectations and what they were looking for. It was kept really casual, (over lunch) and it made it easy to connect with them.
    I really enjoyed it and it took the nerves away from most standard interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interview

Very well interview execution from my part. They were relaxed but to the point, assessing my responses and body language.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was good, I was invited onsite for a panel interview. I was called a couple of weeks after by the recruiter stating that I did not have the required experience. I wish I was told this before being asked for an interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if we were to hire you?

Please tell us about your experience on pipe integrity   Answer Question

Global Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the head of HR for the company regarding their open position. I had never applied for the job, but was interested to hear about it. The HR rep told me about the position, talked about salary, and then setup a phone interview for me with the General Manager. I had a good interview with the manager I would be working with, and he told me that the next step would be to come out and meet with the other managers. I followed up with the HR rep and he was glad to hear the interview went well and asked me what my thoughts were on the position. I told him my thoughts were very favorable and asked him when I could expect to hear back on the position. That's when the HR rep apparently fell off the face of the Earth. I never received a reply from that point on. I sent 2 other emails a week later to "check-in" and still got zero response. Needless to say I was left very confused and peeved that this was the level of professionalism at this company.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was hired at a hiring event. Two day interview with a few managers for a couple of hours. Offer came in next week, relocation was offered.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to change jobs, what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to set interview date. Interview was questions about certain skills I had. How i can fit in. Began explaining his job background when i asked questions, asked if there was room for improvement for a new hire. What I want to do.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Easy process, not stressful. Oceaneering wants to make sure it's a good fit for you as much as you want to try to impress.

Their interview questions are not ridiculous and mostly come from within the group you are working in. Discussions are frank about the work and desired skills.

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate, but Oceaneering appreciates quality employees and will compensate / adjust quickly if you can impress.