Oceanit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oceanit Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oceanit

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oceanit.

Interview

Applied online and waited around a week. I received a phone call to et up an online interview. During the interview there was a recruiter and an engineer asking questions.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me about my resume and there was no particular technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oceanit (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

First talked to HR about personal preferences, experiences in software development. Then talked to the scientist in depth about the area that you interviewing for. Last ended with a coding challenge question.

The interview process was really smooth. I think the "meat" of the interview was in the conversation with the scientists. You needed to show that you are passionate about the topic. Don't lie! If you don't know something, you can be straightforward by telling them you are guessing, because they are much smarter than you, they KNOW if you are just BSing your way through.

Interview Questions

Oceanit Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

We’re glad that your interview process was beneficial, provided you with insight into the position, and gave us an opportunity to learn more about you and your interests. We appreciate your feedback ... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oceanit (Honolulu, HI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple coding and resume overview with behavioral questions. The interviewer went through my resume fairly quickly and ask me to elaborate on what type of projects I were interested in the company and what type of work I would like to do.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Oceanit?
      Q: What is your greatest weakness?
      Q: What do you hope to attain from this internship?
      1 Answer

Internship Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oceanit (Honolulu, HI) in April 2010.

Interview

Received a phone call for my first interview. Originally, my supervisors believed I was not present in Hawaii for a one on one interview. I don't believe it went as well as it could but I was given a second chance to have a in-person interview.

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

It was many years ago, there was no formal interview, only a phone discussion after an informal visit to the office