Oculus VR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oculus VR Interview Questions

Interviews at Oculus VR

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oculus VR (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially, 2 phone screens over a period of ~2 weeks. Next was an on-site interview loop with 7 45 minute sessions (no down time in between), lunch at one of the facebook campus restaurants.

Interview Questions

• NDA for all questions, but generally they started as simple computer science questions with increasing feature requests/difficulty until the time expired.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oculus VR (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Not recommended. Interviewers/Recruiters do not know what they want or need. They should analyze carefully the candidate's profile and skills first. Do not waste candidate's time with on-site interviews if the profile does not match what you need.

Interview Questions

• Questions irrelevant to candidate's experience and profile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Typical interview process
    - 1 Phone screen
    - 6 On-site interviews (3 technical, 1 system design, 1 behavioural, 1 lunch interview)
    - 1 Demo

Overall, it was a great experience. Only catch is that the interviews are 45 minutes. This didnt leave time for me to ask questions at all. The lunch interview was with the hiring manager though so I was able to ask some questions then. Overall, looked like there was a solid plan and everyone was happy working there. After the interview, got a callback after 2 days saying they wanted to extend an offer and we negotiated. We were able to agree on a good number and she was able to get the offer in a few days.

I asked to call the hiring manager and a person on the team so that I could actually ask them questions. Recruiter setup both calls and was able to get all my questions answered.

Ultimately ended up saying no because I wanted to pursue a different opportunity but the benifits, compensation, people etc were all very nice! Highly recommend the experience.

Side note: I saw some comments talk about how recruiters are slow to respond but I didnt see this at all. Maybe this issue is now fixed. The recruiters were really responsive and great!

Interview Questions

• Pretty much leetcode questions. Some questions more tailored to my background. Be sure to know the skills you have in your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by all day onsite interview in Menlo Park campus. Mostly positive experience except the lunch interviewer who was on his phone and not really interested in talking. Everyone else was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Redmond, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

To repeat what other people have already said, Oculus recruiting is slow. Weeks between each contact, I'd usually have to send them a reminder email to get anything from them at all. I had three phone screens before being invited to an onsite interview - this all took months.

The onsite interview was tough but fair, except for one interviewer who for some strange reason thinks that "what is your biggest weakness" is a good interview question. It's never been a good interview question and hasn't been original since at least the mid 1980s.

After the interview it took them four weeks (and a reminder email) to get back to me with an emailed rejection. Most places at least have the courtesy to have a phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was difficult to reach throughout the process and provided very little context about the position. There was also a lot of hand-off between lower tier recruiting specialists. Part of this may be due to teams being located between Menlo Park and Seattle

Interview Questions

• Past experience managing vendors. Customer service approach. Skills developed in prior roles.   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was sooooooo technical. They first asked me to give a five minutes presentation, and then asked me a lot of technical questions for the rest of 25min. Those questions were hard to answer immediately. So i will say it is not easy to get in to Oculus.

Interview Questions

• Could you give a 5-min presentation about what you are working on?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

2 rounds via Bluejeans. each round took about 45 mins. First they asked about my research according to my resume, then they asked some questions that I was supposed to encounter if I got the offer and work with them. In the first round, they asked about some machine learning problems; in the second, they asked some coding problems.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oculus VR (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I've had a very negative interview experience at Oculus for a Senior Software Engineering role. Ten weeks ago they approached me about a senior position. Six weeks ago I had two days of onsite interviews. A week ago I got a call that they were preparing an offer. Today I got notified that they want additional coding interviews even though I did about ten different ones + my phone screens at the onsite. Through this entire process I went through five different primary recruiters.

They have one of the most disorganized and negative interview experiences I've ever gone through. I think it's ridiculous to ask a candidate to go through more interviewing after two full days of onsite interviews. I think it's also ridiculous to ask for more interviews after telling a candidate that an offer is being prepared.

Interview Questions

• C++ bug hunt and optimize some code   1 Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oculus VR (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a sourcer reached out to me. The process was pretty typical- had a call with Leadership team member than an onsite meeting the some team members. Head back about 1 week after with feedback.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions around sourcing, best practices, fundamentals, etc.   Answer Question