Office Shoes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Shoes Interview Questions

Interviews at Office Shoes

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Newcastle, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Handed my CV in to store and got a call about a week later to arrange an interview. Pretty basic interview questions it was very standard, very relaxed. A week after the interview I got a call saying they wanted to offer me the job. Then it was a lot of negotiation to hours, days etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Canterbury, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

My second interview was with the Area Manager. We went for a coffee where I got asked about my achievements, areas of development, my plans for the future. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you come from same industry, they will ask about kpi's and how you achieve them. There is no test or practical skills evaluation for this position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Long . 8 weeks to recruit threw agancy. It was really good and quite relax. She ask me to evaluate window . They will tell you that you can do windows by yourself but after AM she only use one store she trust. She is horrible person. Very manipulative. She plays you so you do not feel secure in your job. She is a bully. Not worth to work for. 15 years and no results and nobody do anything. Really bad expiriance. Not recommend. 3.5 years of stress.

Interview Questions

• Customer service based questions   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Stratford, London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group Interview
    Was divided into groups of 3 and given tasks. First introduce yourself and an interesting fact as an ice breaker.
    Then given paper and told to divide into three columns and label sales assistant, cashier and back of house and then to list what attributes you believe are needed in each role.
    Second task given a random shoe and then after 5 minutes sale the shoe to the room. I described the type of shoe, materials, then split into looks and comfort aspects of the shoe.
    Third task included merging with another team. Then given 8 or so shoes and to arrange on the table the shoes like a shop floor display. This should be described to the group where you placed the shoes and why, so grouping what's up front, etc.
    Lastly, we had a quick overview of the numbering system used in the back to sort shoes. We then were given 8 boxes and we had to sort the shoes in the right order.

I was invited for an interview with the store manager later on in the day.
    After a long wait, questions are standard. Previous experience, what traits do you have to work in Office. Why Office shoes. Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and hours you would like to do and flexibility. The manager did tell me that hours wise they wouldn't be offering much to start with but would rank it up with the holiday demand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Shoes in June 2014.

Interview

informal 1 to 1 process where i was made to feel comfortable I was asked relevant questions based on my CV asked me a bit about myself and made me relax

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Shoes in November 2015.

Interview

Initially I just handed in my cv into my chosen branch . About two weeks later I got a phone call asking when I can come in for an interview ( which was the next day ) I went smart casual ( black turtle neck ,black blazer , checked trousers and black trainers ) to be safe I think wear flats as a girl though .

We sat down she asked a series of questions more to get to know me (very laid back feel) . Then we went onto shop floor and I was asked to choose the three ugliest shoes (i thought it was a trick question but you actually have to choose three you don't like so much ) then she asked me to go through each shoe and say features and benefits then I had to choose one and sell it to her . I lied a bit and said oh I have a pair , they're so comfy, versatile etc but mention the features and benefits you spoke about before .

Then she ran through quickly how the stock room works and I was asked to find the three shoes I chose earlier .

Went through my availability (have a rough idea beforehand and bare in mind school work , revision , socialising and time to rest !)
    My first job ... I've done three interviews so far all of which I was offered the job but chose to work at office

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast paced
    Pay isn't the best at all for the work you do
    Commision based

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview where you got asked to do a range of activities together. You first starter with a few icebreakers like complimenting other members of the group. You then had to find 2 shoes for a celebrity of your choice and say why you chose them for you. They then asked you to fill in why you were good for the job etc on a piece of paper

Interview Questions

• Give three reasons why you are the best candidate for the job?
      Why do you want to work for Office?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Shoes.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed interview process, general retail interview questions. Asked to fill in an application form in addition with my CV. This was for a christmas temp job. Manger and staff were all welcoming.Was asked to sort boxes in order after interview questions. Just prepare for the questions beforehand and you should get it if you really want it.

Interview Questions

• Name some competitors to Office   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Handed my CV in store and by the end of the day had a call inviting me to interview. Interview took place upstairs in staff area/stockroom with Manager. Questions, followed by selling the interviewer a shoe exercise then quick fire round to learn more about me as a person.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Office Shoes (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied in person, received a phone call telling me I had the group interview, went into the store for the interview, was very relaxed. Basically they just want someone who can have a joke but can also make sales

Interview Questions

• Introduce another candidate (icebreakers)   Answer Question
    • Pick one shoe you like the most in the shop and one shoe that you hate the most in the shop and try to sell them   Answer Question