Olson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.9

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olson.

Interview

The company emailed me, instructing me to contact their representative - whether this was a recruiting specialist or just a department lead, I never found out. Once we set up a time for a phone interview, this person never called. I emailed to find out whether the appointment was still set or if we should reschedule and they apologized for missing the call because of meetings.

A few days later we managed to have a second call where the interviewer seemed to have specific technical knowhow in mind for the ideal candidate which was not at all presented in the job description. After the call, I never got a message one way or the other from the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level with creating SQL queries?   1 Answer

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The overall process was pretty standard, albeit slow and unprofessional. I had a phone interview with ICF's recruiter, followed by a introductory phone interview with my would-be boss. Then I didn't hear from Olson for a couple of weeks, so I emailed them.

After waiting another week, I had to complete a second phone interview with a different recruiter, which was annoying and duplicative, but fine. After that, I had an in-person interview with four different employees (two of which I met via Skype). I was told that they wanted to make a quick decision, so I figured I would hear from them (good or bad) rather soon.

I didn't hear from them within two weeks, so I emailed. I received an email back the next week stating that they were still reviewing candidates. Come to find out that the day before I emailed to check on the job status, they had reposted the job (same job ID and all)! They clearly decided that I was not the right candidate, but didn't think it was necessary to tell me this fact when replying to my email. I find that both unprofessional and inconsiderate, seeing as I spent a good three hours at their office interviewing for the position.

Interview Questions

• Time management questions, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview... interviewed with 3 people... everyone was very nice, but very unprepared and disorganized. Took almost three weeks to hear back when they said they would let me know by the end of the first. Overall everyone was very nice, but unprepared. Interview process was pretty standard and not bad.

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Shortly after applying online for the internship position, I received an email to coordinate a time to set up the first step, a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly informal, discussing overall work experience and background, as well as the internship role in the company.

A full week later, I received an email from HR that I had been selected for the second step: an in-person interview and writing test. The interview was scheduled to meet with four people in two hours, and complete the writing test at the very end. The in-person interviews - I thought went extremely well - I met with seven people instead of four, one of whom being the vice president of the department. I was told the interview process would finish in about a week, and I would get a response from the company afterwards.

It has been two and a half weeks, since the writing test and interview, with no response of an offer OR rejection. In addition I have sent several emails to HR and one of the interviewers to check on my status and remind them of my interest. HR has completely ignored every response I have sent - basically "ghosted". The interviewer responded to my email, but simply stated I would hear a response back from them soon after all interviews were complete.

I had very high hopes for the position following the in-person interview, however since no word has been returned on what they feel the next step would be, I guess I can assume no response is a response. I feel extremely upset by this treatment, and consider it to be rude they are currently utilizing the same method horrible Tinder dates experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment? Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

HORRIBLE interview process! they took over 2 hours to go through various rounds of interviews with dif people, all of who forgot their business cards, making it impossible to contact later. (very unprofessional) on top of that, they make you take a dumb writing test, no offense, but this is an internship position, not a CEO applications. could have been a lot more laid back and straight to the point. ugly offices based on the small tour they provide. def not worth your time, look at a dif agency!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

No phone interview, went straight to in person. Met with three sets of two people. Hard questions, but easy going. Looking for a great culture fit. It shows that they really value their interns and choose carefully.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruited me online, basic questions, 4 hours long. I met with for to five people...pretty informal..they just wanted to make sure you were outgoing and smart. They recruited me and showed me a tour of the office and where and who I would be working with. Beautiful office.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

A little last minute, sometimes felt unorganized. The people I talked to were great; very friendly and interested in hearing about my experience and were happy to answer questions. But it was discouraging because there would be week(s) between being contacted about another round of interviews. Overall, though, it was great practice/experience and it isn't an intimidating interview process.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through 5 separate interviews and was then called back for 5 more interviews. The process was very grueling and the interviewers were clearly not trained on how to interview candidates. They were simply employees who were asked to interview for their team and were not experienced in how to ask the right questions and there was a lack of professionalism. While I was offered the position, I was not at all impressed with the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

it took pretty fast , i have applied through requiter then i got the mail next day for interview it took 2 hrs interview with three people after 2 to 3 hours i got confirmation.