Olson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Olson

2.8

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Shortly after applying online for the internship position, I received an email to coordinate a time to set up the first step, a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly informal, discussing overall work experience and background, as well as the internship role in the company.

A full week later, I received an email from HR that I had been selected for the second step: an in-person interview and writing test. The interview was scheduled to meet with four people in two hours, and complete the writing test at the very end. The in-person interviews - I thought went extremely well - I met with seven people instead of four, one of whom being the vice president of the department. I was told the interview process would finish in about a week, and I would get a response from the company afterwards.

It has been two and a half weeks, since the writing test and interview, with no response of an offer OR rejection. In addition I have sent several emails to HR and one of the interviewers to check on my status and remind them of my interest. HR has completely ignored every response I have sent - basically "ghosted". The interviewer responded to my email, but simply stated I would hear a response back from them soon after all interviews were complete.

I had very high hopes for the position following the in-person interview, however since no word has been returned on what they feel the next step would be, I guess I can assume no response is a response. I feel extremely upset by this treatment, and consider it to be rude they are currently utilizing the same method horrible Tinder dates experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment? Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The overall process was pretty standard, albeit slow and unprofessional. I had a phone interview with ICF's recruiter, followed by a introductory phone interview with my would-be boss. Then I didn't hear from Olson for a couple of weeks, so I emailed them.

After waiting another week, I had to complete a second phone interview with a different recruiter, which was annoying and duplicative, but fine. After that, I had an in-person interview with four different employees (two of which I met via Skype). I was told that they wanted to make a quick decision, so I figured I would hear from them (good or bad) rather soon.

I didn't hear from them within two weeks, so I emailed. I received an email back the next week stating that they were still reviewing candidates. Come to find out that the day before I emailed to check on the job status, they had reposted the job (same job ID and all)! They clearly decided that I was not the right candidate, but didn't think it was necessary to tell me this fact when replying to my email. I find that both unprofessional and inconsiderate, seeing as I spent a good three hours at their office interviewing for the position.

Interview Questions

• Time management questions, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

it took pretty fast , i have applied through requiter then i got the mail next day for interview it took 2 hrs interview with three people after 2 to 3 hours i got confirmation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olson.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by someone in HR. He was extremely prompt and professional and never kept me waiting for replies. We did an initial phone screen--as is typical in the industry, to make sure that I could hold a basic conversation--and then shortly afterward set up a technical phone screen with an engineer. The engineer was also very professional and I liked his interview-style a lot: essentially he had my GitHub up in front of him and he just asked me questions about my own work. I had to withdraw from the application process for personal reasons (entirely unrelated to the company or position), but the next step would have been an in-person interview, which they invited me to very promptly after the technical phone screen.

Overall, very professional and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were no "gotcha" questions asked. The technical phone screen was based on my own work, which I know well. The interviewer at times used terms I wasn't familiar with, and I just said as much, and the interviewer was happy to define how he was using them and that was that.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruited me online, basic questions, 4 hours long. I met with for to five people...pretty informal..they just wanted to make sure you were outgoing and smart. They recruited me and showed me a tour of the office and where and who I would be working with. Beautiful office.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Very chill

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

HORRIBLE interview process! they took over 2 hours to go through various rounds of interviews with dif people, all of who forgot their business cards, making it impossible to contact later. (very unprofessional) on top of that, they make you take a dumb writing test, no offense, but this is an internship position, not a CEO applications. could have been a lot more laid back and straight to the point. ugly offices based on the small tour they provide. def not worth your time, look at a dif agency!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olson.

Interview

First had a half hour phone interview. Then was asked to come into the office. Sat down and met with about 12 different people, who came in in intervals of about 10 minutes in groups of 2-3. The interview lasted an hour, following an hour long writing test (which consisted of writing a pitch, and describing a strategy for client solution)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Olson (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call, consisting of background experience, why PR, what news I follow and why Olson. In-person interview consisted of 10-15 minute intervals of meeting with 2 people for an hour, then a writing test, where I had to draft an email pitch, create short media list and write how I would go about researching a potential client's media usage.

Everyone was very nice and so awesome! Really enjoyed all of my conversations and would recommend the process for college grads looking for experience in PR. They are open to candidates who don't have PR experience, just show your eagerness to work there.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olson (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview process was standard. I was pre screened/interviewed by an HR recruiter, offered an in person interview which was conducted by several employees in a panel and offered an internship a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a company that stands out to you for their marketing efforts.   Answer Question