Omnicell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I was approached by an agency. A phone interview was lined up. But there was no show of interviewer on the scheduled time. The agency had to arrange another time a week later. The interviewer called. He sounded impatient. I had to ask him to repeat some questions because I had hard time with his heavy Indian accent. After we discussed my skills and the job requirements, it was cleared that there wasn't a good fit. I thought the interviewer would wrap up the interview quickly. But the guy just hung up the phone. This was very RUDE.
    It seems this company has a problem on the working environment.

Interview Questions

Omnicell Response

Jul 9, 2018 – Director, Staffing

Good what morning,

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to speak with you directly about your experience as this is not the type of candidate experience I expect from our management team... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicell (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

After a telephone screening with a hiring manager I was invited for an on-site interview.
    The interview took around 3 and half hours. They provided the schedule and interviewers detail few days prior to the interview. Mostly they asked the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • When is the last time you had conflict with your supervisor? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager who spent the whole time asking questions and then said that she had to rush to a meeting (so I did not get a chance to ask any questions). Later I was asked to come on site for two interviews with 2 people interviewing me at a time. Again they bombarded me with questions without giving me a chance to ask any. However during the first interview it did become clear that the job was not at all like the one advertised on their site and had a lot clerical support type duties.
    After the interviews I was contacted by the recruiter who informed me that she could offer me the job if I agreed to come on board on temp to perm basis otherwise I had to fill out a lot of paperwork and wait several weeks. I chose the latter option and filled out the paperwork and submitted them. I did not hear anything for 3 weeks after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me that they could only offer me the job on temp-perm basis. I was very surprised given the fact that I was clearly overqualified for the position and had made considerably more money at my last job than they were offering and even presented them with a great letter of reference from my former boss. However, I went ahead and accepted the temp-perm offer on the condition that I could have a face to face meeting with my future boss so that we could discuss the job and the requirements of becoming a permanent employee. Again, I was left in the dark for a week after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me that they had decided to give the job to an internal candidate with much less qualifications than I.

Interview Questions

• I was bombarded with a lot of question and the clear strategy of the interviewers were to convenince me that the job was a lot better than it actually was and that I barely met the qualifications for it. They were forcefully down playing my education and experience. By the way I have an MBA and 10 years of sales experience which included 5 years of direct experience in the business area of the company (Healthcare).   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

applied online.....the hiring manager called me and conducted the telephonic interview which lasted about 30 minutes.....then, was called onsite to meet i person with the hiring manager who interviewed me for about 1.5 hours.....was then again called 2 days later to be interviewed with 4 different people on 1-on-1 basis for about 30 minutes.
    Received a call from the HR the next day and they offered me the position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicell (Raleigh, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was amazing starting off. I applied online and received a declined offer. A couple of days later I received a call from the recruiter seeking a phone interview. The initial phone interview went extremely well. The recruiter was very upbeat and honest about what happened that changed their mind about me as a candidate. I immediately had a phone interview with the hiring manager and everything was so great. They immediately set up another phone interview with the hiring manager's director and that went great! I was then scheduled for a face to face interview post my last business trip with my prior job. The face to face interview is a grading system and less of an interview. For people like me who aren't test takers will fail at this. I am more than qualified for the position. I went above and beyond and researched and watch every youtube video on the company. I interviewed current clientele and healthcare professionals in regards to Omnicell and it's products. I knew more about this company on a general level than any job that I actually worked for. I did not know the details of internal tasks and challenges pertaining directly to the role but I did my best in trying to direct my answers to the test questions. It was very intimidating to see a grading scale sheet of paper in front of you while the interviewers were asking the pre-printed questions. So where you are coming in expecting to gain more information about the role and direct information in regards to the current projects to offer more clean direct ideas and answers that was not the case. I was asked general questions that I responded with general answers. I also was asked questions in regards to the current projects and or tasks that are being worked on within the team that the role would participate in or execute and I was told that it couldn't be discussed but continued to ask questions that required a direct answer to. I was told post interview after asking for a follow up, that the team felt like I didn't give direct answers which is why I didn't get the job. I was also told that the other candidate being interviewed didn't even show up to the interview. Although, I did my research on the company and read many reviews on Glassdoor from current and former employees and interview reviews I choose to look past that because I felt I could be an asset to the company and also I wanted to have my own judgment based on my own experience. But I guess I should have taken the reviews into heavy consideration prior to making this company my main employment choice. O should also point out that after being asked what type of culture I am looking for in a team I answered a team that works together and is enjoyable to work with but also a team of diversity. There was not one person of color that I met with. So bringing my skill set and diversity to the company and mostly the team would have been ideal. I am an applicant with a disability and according to the recruiter and the results of the "Interview test", I was not hired due to one thing and it was directly linked to my disability. If you have any disability either don't list it, bring a doctor's note and or don't apply to this company. I had letter's of recommendation sent directly to the hiring manager and her director from NIH and Duke and had more letters to offer and not one person could speak below my skill set or share anything negative. The National Institution of Health does not do letters of recommendations for 3rd party contractors and I received a letter telling Omnicell they would be crazy not to hire me and embrace my talents. I'm sharing this because there is no reason I shouldn't have gotten this job. I actually showed up for the interview after fighting the airlines, sleeping in an airport and having to get dressed at the airport for the interviewed. As disappointing as it is, I hope that future candidates listen to others that have interviewed and the reviews. I have ADHD and in today's world to be judged on that verses my ability to do the job is disappointing coming from a healthcare company. Since my interview I did reach out to the recruiter and discussed all of my concerns. He also agreed that I was the top candidate and that he was in shock as well that I didn't get the job. If I was perfect with both my hour long phone interviews where I was questioned heavily on my skills and ability to do the job, what changed when I walked through the door? My race, disability or both?

Interview Questions

• Asked very general scripted questions   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through internal employee. Within a few weeks I was contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. I had 3 additional phone interviews with another recruiter, hiring manager and manager's boss. All individuals were very professional and for the most part asked appropriate questions. I would have preferred face-to-face interviews after the first two calls as it is hard to read individuals over the phone and talking in person provides more realistic input for both.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omnicell (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

They had a very structured interview process after the phone interviews. Teams of two interview you together and write down notes. They were prompted to ask specific questions. Some seemed like they were repetitious between groups but that is to be expected. It was a long day but worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

Omnicell Response

Oct 15, 2018 – Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it! Feel free to contact me directly with more specific information.

Wendi Ellis
    Senior Director, Human Resources

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicell (Tampa, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied to the Company online and from there I had received a phone call. We had set up a time to do a phone interview. On the day of the phone interview I was asked technical questions and if I was able to travel through out the country. It took about 3 interviews and I had recieved the job.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicell in October 2013.

Interview

Be careful! Read this first section before applying. I initially applied and a week later received one of those automatic HR e-mails essentially telling me "no." A week after that, I was called into my boss's office for a discussion. Turns out, if you work for a company that uses Omnicell products (which is essentially going to be where 99% of people find out about Omnicell), they will call your employer and ask if they can interview you, like your boyfriend showing up to your parents house asking to marry you. This is unacceptable.

If you're lucky to have a supportive and fantastic boss, this is fine. However, there do still exist vindictive and spiteful bosses (and maybe that's the reason you're on a job search). I don't imagine very many people announce their job search to their bosses, because it can damage your perceived loyalty and dedication, affecting your future with your current company. I had to spin it off as overly eager recruiters and hope that I didn't shafted on my yearly raise coming up. If you get hired, that's great, but keep in mind if you don't that this can damage your current status with your manager. That's a big risk just to go to an interview. I had no idea I would even be called in for an interview, because they simply called my boss before ever contacting me, only sending me an automated rejection e-mail. I had to find out after getting a nice chat asking why I wanted to leave my current job.

On top of this, they did this even though I had "No" checked on "May we contact your current employer?" in the first place.

A week after my boss finds out I'm getting an interview, I actually get a call from the HR rep asking if I can be scheduled for an interview. Of course, after all of this I decided I may as well take the interview anyway, the damage was done. The initial interview is simple enough, a standard phone interview asking about your work history, current position and how you heard about Omnicell. After this, you'll do a panel interview over the phone, with a few of the managers. They'll go more in-depth about your experience and abilities, how well you do in your current position.

Getting past those first two stages, I was flown out for an in-person panel interview. The location depends on which region of the company you're interviewing for, i.e. Tennessee, Chicago, etc. The in-person panel shared some of the same people from the phone interview, with some different (as I imagine it's a lot of scheduling work to get everyone in different states there at the same time.) When you arrive, there will be other people there for interviews as well, and you will be cycled through. One of you will go with a set of 2 interviews, the other with another 2, and after you will switch.

They were overall very friendly people, although they did all act almost identically to one another.. that comes in later. I was interviewed by members of the sales, engineering and implementation teams. It makes things more comfortable as if you don't connect well with one of them, you'll likely find common ground with another one. The in-person panel consists of a lot of more hypothetical or experience-related questions, such as a time you had to deal with a situation and come to a decision with inadequate information, or how you would handle training a nurse that just absolutely stonewalls you and does not understand or grasp anything you show her.

Aside from the initial faux paus of HR calling your boss without asking permission or letting you know it's coming, the interview process was pretty positive.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle training someone that cannot grasp the subject at hand whatsoever?   1 Answer

Sep 9, 2014 – Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. Just for clarification purposes if someone is coming from a client site we do notify the hiring manager as we do not want to violate any contractual agreements we have in... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

So the interview process was pretty fast, within a day of my application for position at Omnicell I got a mail from HR followed by Interview Round. Thereafter I had 2 telephonic technical interviews and I got through both of them. 1st interview was with Manager and he was pretty impressed with my job experience. 2nd technical round was conducted by a developer who had poor communication skills.
    I got through both the rounds and I was called onsite in Mountain View, CA for 3 more panel interviews. This Panel interview was about behavioral examination and was pretty lengthy. But per me, went well. Except that I got a negative feedback to be concise in answering and that they found a more experienced candidate for the position.

Sep 9, 2014 – Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. We will share it with the engineering management team for further development of our process.