Omnicell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omnicell Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Going through the motions. job was filled before they posted it.Some jobs are clearly made up for certain individuals so they can justify pay for incentive to stay on. Too many times have I seen these new positions go through the script when they already had someone in mind when they created it.

Interview Questions

Omnicell Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. We always strive to have a positive candidate experience. I would like to hear more and would welcome a call with you. Please contact me at wendi.ellis@omnicell.com so we... More

SAS Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omnicell.

Interview

I got a phone interview from hr. It was a 15 min long interview. The interview went well. They asked for my educational background and my experience with SAS. They said they will get back to me even if it's positive or negative feedback but never did.

Interview Questions

Omnicell Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to hear more about your experience. Please contact me at wendi.ellis@omnicell.com so we can arrange a mutually beneficial time to talk.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. It went fairly well but it seemed like they only wanted to talk to someone that had all of the requirements. Willingness to learn did not seem to make a difference. They e-mailed two days later saying that they were going to keep looking for someone with specific experience with contracts.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an contract review experience? This seemed a bit specific and not a typical experience for a financial analyst.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview a couple of days after submitting the application. Quickly followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and followed by in-person interview with the hiring manager. Last interview was a panel interview at Mountain View HQ with 6 people. Two at a time, and hour each. The interview process took two months.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were based on the contents of the resume. I thought that the interview questions were thoughtful and specific to the area and the requirement for the job. At the panel interview, the questions were more scripted, each interviewer seemed to ask questions from a pre-printed sheet.   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Screen phone interview- After about 1 month of my submit the position, I got the email from HR to schedule the phone interview. She asked about the skills from the description of the job. I think she would like to make sure the candidate meet all requirement for this position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through internal employee. Within a few weeks I was contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. I had 3 additional phone interviews with another recruiter, hiring manager and manager's boss. All individuals were very professional and for the most part asked appropriate questions. I would have preferred face-to-face interviews after the first two calls as it is hard to read individuals over the phone and talking in person provides more realistic input for both.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicell.

Interview

My first review for any company. Not a bad experience but something you would consider weird. It just showed that the company or some of it's people do not have business ethics. The phone interview with HR was fine. Moved on to on-site interview really quickly. The scheduled interviewed from 9am - 1:30 with no lunch break. Where is the basic business courtesy? I thought they were rather ignorant if they did not seem to notice that they did not include a lunch on the interview schedule and also did not notice that I was just left there in the conference room waiting for each interviewer to come in, when their office is very small and should have noticed that. Why I did not complain? What applicant would? I was not that hungry.

The interview was ok. Nothing difficult or special. Just interviewers reading from a set of questions. Not very business-like. Mostly self-conscious. They kept on saying they are busy and fast-paced but nothing in their demeanor show this. Seems so behind the times. The only interesting interview was with HR Manager. He seemed to be the only one who understands business behavior and have people skills.

The hiring manager is a Senior Manager over 6 people? Why would they need a manager and senior overseeing 6 people? If I was hired, my first job is to cut one of the managers and that will not be me. :-) She gave me her business card and told me to call and email her with questions and concerns. I did but she never answered. What was the point of giving me her business card? I did not ask for one, I did not need one. I thought I was giving her business courtesy by sending a quick email. Rather naive.

So, they did not offer me the job and that is fine. I can take it. The salary is much smaller than what I make now anyway. I just wanted to work in a smaller company and be near a beach. What I could not understand is why they could not tell me straight. No formal rejection letter. They went on with several reasons, have not made any decision yet, they're offering it to a local candidate but nothing is final yet. Then they re-posted the job. Until this point, they still have not told me that I did not get it. Still said, nothing is final. So for closure, I had to say something to them. If they can't be a leader or a grown-up about it, well, I can.

Interview Questions

• One manager had to say "since you always have to depend on other people to make decisions at work with your current company, how do you contribute to making decisions?". I never said I had to depend on other people to make a decision. I said, "the decision is made by a lot of people and we had to go with a unanimous or majority". Geez, we are talking about billion dollars. not 10 thousand!   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed directly with the manager, was given a product tour, asked for several engineering question, including static mechanics, basic electrics, and couple behavior question. The interview process itself was fast, but the hiring department is not friendly and slow in process

Interview Questions

• Basic Engineering questions, including electric part and mechanical part   Answer Question

Director Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

2 telephonic and 4 (in a pair of 2) onsite
    All behavioral - culture related except hiring manager asking relevant questions
    Some interviewers have no strategy or finance knowledge, neither they were interested to interview on those topics.
    Example: John Ridyard - Strategic Analysis: Part of M&A but bogus interviewer with no knowledge of either the industry or the companies strategy

Interview Questions

• What is culture, define success for company and customer   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially, a brief phone interview by very informal recruiter. After I followed up with recruiter, received an email to schedule in person interview, recruiter said that sales manager had not received my resume packet initially. Recruiter openly answered my questions about the job, starting base salary range and typical earning potential. In person interview with two teams of two sales people. They were very good and non formally asking good questions, and answering my questions about the salary ranges & expectations. I was offered the job by the out of state recruiter who offered a very low starting base salary considering my experience. I was very interested in the job and wanted to accept, but requested a higher base, and recruiter said although he was firm on the offer, he would check with hiring manager. He got back to me 3 days later and rescinded the offer, stating no one in the company is getting the base that I requested. This was the strange part, because he had clearly stated during the phone interview that the base range was 50-70k, which I then confirmed in the in person interview with the sales reps. This is the reason I requested a higher base. So, the recruiter clearly had me waiting, thinking they were willing to negotiate-as was I, while he offered the job to another candidate. This was my only negative experience-not getting accurate information from the recruiter, and the fact that he was dishonest about the base salary range that he told me and that I confirmed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about long sales cycle and highly technical product that will take long time to grasp.   1 Answer

Apr 20, 2015 – Director, Staffing

Thank you very much for this feedback. If you haven't already please complete the Candidate Experience Survey. I will certainly share with the team your feedback. Please feel free to contact me... More