Omnicom Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.4

Digital Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who works for one of the agencies under Omnicom. I sent my resume to the hiring contact I was given and was quickly set up with a phone interview/screen. It went well and I seemed to fit one of the roles they were hiring for. I was set to meet with two team members who I would be working under. The first person I met with didn't seem to be all that attentive and I think she was checking her cell phone during the interview and texting. It didn't seem formal at all, rushed and odd. After interviewing with her I was set to meet another team member, but she was scheduled in meetings so I was told that HR would reach out to reschedule time for me to meet with her. I was proactive and reached out myself, only to get a response that the team thought I was too junior for the role and offered me to interview for a role that I'm literally already working. Wouldn't you know that I was too junior if you read my resume? Strange and a wast of my time. I followed up to ask for more details on what they were looking for and any improvements I could make and let them know that I didn't want to make a lateral move or move backwards. The response back, nothing, radio silence. I have to say my view of this company hit a low and I wouldn't really want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• If a client asked for you to pull a report to see the actual spend of a campaign what would you do?   1 Answer

Marketing Sciences Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a few phone calls, first with HR and then two hiring managers. Everyone was very professional, smart and friendly. Don't think they ever filled the position and never heard back, but I had a very positive experience other than that (no closure).

Supervisor, Global Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a phone screen. The first phone call was rescheduled because the HR person had forgotten. When we rescheduled and managed to speak, the conversatio went well and I was asked to come for an in-person interview. Once again the HR person forgot to send any details or confirmation. Two days before I wrote to confirm and they had not only not sent me info but had not sent notice to the interviewers so it was rescheduled. The day I came in for an interview the HR person was out of office and their coworker had to scramble to understand who I was. Not only did HR never follow up but neither did those who interviewed me. I am not personally offended but very shocked at the level of unprofessionalism and disorganization. If this is the recruitment process I imagine it is a difficult work environment.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiting company. The interview was through the telephone with the head of HR and it lasted 15 to 20 minutes. The first five minutes was regarding the company and what would the position would entail. Afterwards, we discussed how my experiences would make me a good fit for this position. In the last 5 minutes, we discussed some of the questions that I had.

Strategy and Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews and a ton of promises that never materialized. The salary was listed at $85,000, it got reduced to $55,000 and afterward they kept on making empty promises

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled and never received a call or any form of notice. I followed up and it was rescheduled for later on that day and again, no call or notice. I found this to be the most unprofessional experience i've had with a recruiter. Just because people are looking for a job doesn't make their time any less valuable.

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview over the phone: Light, easy, chatty.
    Second interview in person with 3 different people: 1st person didn't even work in the department and said they didn't know what to even ask me. 2nd person was awesome. knew the job, had great insight and questions. 3rd person was a big wig and made the interview short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• a lot of questions about media and media campaigns. Need to know excel inside and out for this job.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview went really well. They gave me a description about the job, they asked me a few questions about my past experience based off my resume, I asked them a few questions and it was done. I thought we connected well but i didn't receive a phone call.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Actually, I never got to interview.

I applied through LinkedIn. Heard back from a recruiter the next day, she sent me a survey about my experience and my goals and other introductory questions. Within a day she said she was going to set me up with an interview for a client team. I heard back that the client was interested in me and that they wanted to set up an interview. She asked me for a range of days that would work. And those days approached and I hadn't heard anything back. I sent a follow-up email only to learn that the team had already filled the position before I or other candidates got the opportunity to interview. She subsequently attempted to set me up with another client team for an interview which ultimately never came to fruition. About two weeks after that, she sent me an email asking if I am still open to employment with them. I responded and have not yet heard anything back.

Frankly, I am quite close to moving on from a company I have admired and aspired to work with for over three years now. I am still hopeful but very disheartened at how I have been treated like nothing to them. If this is how they treat their applicants I am frankly afraid to see how they actually treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• What is the most impressive advertising campaign you have seen recently?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe a recent project or assignment you’ve completed in Microsoft Excel. Please note the
      specific functions you utilized.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

Interview

It was pretty simple. Not too formal. I felt like I was being sold by the company to work here. They might have been a bit desperate. I was confused because it thought I was going to work for OMD, a more well known branch of Omnicom Media Group.

Interview Questions

• If we hired you, how comfortable are you with long work hours?   Answer Question