Oncor Electric Delivery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.5

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed after meeting a recruiter on campus. The interview was very kind and friendly. They seemed more interested in me as a person than my technical expertise. Very few technical questions.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat laid back in the particular office that I went to. It was very comfortable and welcoming, as everyone was very friendly. I was given clear instruction on what was expected prior to and during the interview. The questions were not overly-complicated to decipher and answer, as I have seen in interviews at other companies.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to our service center, and how?   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with Oncor at my school's career fair and handed in my resume. Got a call for an on campus interview with two engineers, that went really well and I got a call back for an on site interview. They covered all expenses for a dinner with other candidates and lunch the next day. We spent most of the day touring different work groups and hearing presentations to get to know the company and what they do. We ended with two 1-hour interviews, one with two engineers and the other with three. Both interviews were really relaxed and I really liked everyone I talked to. Great atmosphere. Not a lot of technical questions, mostly behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• What does the phrase "team building" mean to you?
      How would you handle choosing and integrating a new piece of equipment to a system?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

First met representatives at campus career fair. Was contacted the same day to schedule an on campus interview. This interview was relaxed and was asked some behavioral questions along with general questions about power transmission and distribution. Second interview was a 2 day process with the first day being a dinner and the second day consisting of interviews at the Oncor location in Fort Worth. The interviews on location were mostly behavioral and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral with some general questions on power distribution and transmission   Answer Question

Engineering Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions, I talked with 2 engineers for an hour, they had a list of 16 questions and none was difficult. After 8 weeks I was given an offer, but the salary was not satisfying at all.

Interview Questions

• tell us about different components of a power system
      tell us why safety is important
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

After meeting with the engineering team for lunch and given a fairly in-depth look into what an engineer at Oncor experiences on a day-to-day basis, the interview process began. The environment was relaxed and was easily the least intimidating interview I have ever been apart of. Behavioral questions were mostly asked along with what you think describes a good leader and what strong qualities you believe you posses.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you had to propose a different idea to a team in order to accomplish a goal."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. I got the interview through a recruiter at my university career fair. I had three interviews in one day and at each one three managers were present.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Odessa, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two people, they have a folder with the basic questions. I already worked for the company and they were interviewing for the position I was placed in already. The questions did not pertain to your skills, but some of the questions allowed you to talk about how you are a fit for the job. Then I was told if someone that works for Oncor applies then they always get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Civil Design Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Grand Prairie, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process begin with multiple emails and resulted in an initial interview. About a week later I was called in for second interview which went well and landed me an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

They wanted to know specifically things that you have done that will directly effect the job position so be prepared. They were very detailed in skill set questions but they were nice people so they made the environment comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What were some projects that will help you achieve in this position?   Answer Question

I wanted to seek another career path.