Onward Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Onward Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Interview

The interview process is a combination of being over the phone and through e-mail.
    They give the typical interview questions. Education, work history and experience, desired salary and radius for travel. Your asked if you prefer per diem, contract, part time or full time. You are also asked what type of setting you like to work in, whether it be: Outpatient orthopedic, SNF, or hospital. Then you are given the run-down for benefits offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare (Wilton, CT).

Interview

Communication and interviewers were very nice and seemed in a rush to hire.

Seemed like a good company to work for but I didn't want to burn a bridge as they wanted me to start ASAP.

Interview Questions

They wanted me to quit without notice and go to training in Dallas- I felt it was a little unprofessional

Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare (Wilton, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

one phone screen, one in person interview, a trial call to a demo client and sample emails. They did offer me the job but wanted me to quit without notice and get on a plan to Dallas for training. It was Friday when the person told me to either give notice today and start Monday for them. Declined to move forward because I don't burn bridges...

Junior Recruitment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and felt pretty confident in getting the position. I felt like it was honestly run by girls who just got out of college. I didn't get the position and I think it was because I was taking my last class before getting my bachelor's degree...online, I didn't even have to go on campus for. The pay wasn't that good either, just about 30K. They offered me an internship that I declined. They asked me a bunch of questions and made me do a simple math problem and send an email - pretty ridiculous. I do not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare (Wilton, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Had about a 5-10minute phone interview with their HR guy who was friendly and honest about everything and gave good insight into the job. At the end of the phone call he said he would send me over an email with info for a face to face interview with him and the team, it came quickly and I was in the office a few days later.

The interview was pretty straight forward besides some exercises I had to do during the end but they give those out to get a feel for your phone and email skills. Wasn't very hard at all just took about 15-20min, then I met with the manager hiring for the job for a good amount of time. All in all a decent experience.

After that I had to take a drug screen and once that passed they offered me the job which I accepted. The whole process was pretty smooth, everyone is nice here and it's a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle yourself under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, the salary and benefits info was given to me before the job offer.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then 2 in person interviews

Negotiation

They have a base salary

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare (Wilton, CT).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, and went for a 2 hour face to face interview which included mock e-mails, voice-mails, standard interview questions, and a math test. I heard later that week they would like to bring be in to shadow one of the team leads to get a better feel for the job.

After the shadowing, they wanted to move forward so I was asked to take a drug test. I did and I received an offer letter a few days later. Upon looking though the contract, the benefits were only breifly alluded to so I sent a counter offer in an attempt to negotiate the salary and benefits package.

This is when Onward really showed their true colors. I received a very cold email response still not telling me anything about the benefits package besides the names of the plans to choose from. Then after a very bizarre phone call that evening, I was asked to "sleep on it" and sign / decline in the morning. I signed and heard nothing from the company all day until I received a voice-mail saying the offer was retracted. I think I really dodged a bullet! Glad I didn't end up at such an unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When I attempted to negotiate I got a voicemail the next day from someone in HR saying that the offer I received (a contract in writing!!) was retracted and they were moving forward with other candidates. My email was clearly misunderstood and as quickly as I received an offer it was retracted.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call and email from a recruiter shortly after that. Recruiter asked generic physical therapy questions about experience and work environment preferences. Recruiter gathered information from me about where I would like to be located (by state or city) and emailed me benefits pamphlets. Everything on the pamphlets she sent me made it look like a dream job with great pay, reimbursement for travel, moving and licensing plus benefits. Not necessarily true. Make sure you ask very specific questions about these things because they are not as available as they make them sound and change depending on the job you accept. When accepting the job, I was told I would get a certain pay but once the paperwork came through to sign, the pay was significantly less. My recruiter had sent me text messages with my pay amount which was not what I was actually given. I had about a week and a half from the time of job offer to the time I started my new job to complete a physical, BLS course, drug test, TB test, etc. plus had to move to a new location (9 hours away) and find a place to live. During this process, I was under the impression that these things were covered by Onward as well as travel reimbursement per the pamphlets I was sent but was informed once I moved that this was not available for me. I had to negotiate with them to receive the reimbursement for travel, licensing, physical, Basic Life Saving course, TB test etc after I had relocated for the new position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate alot! Read interview process.

RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare in February 2013.

Interview

phone interview was easy, Recruiter put me at ease. , Testing was lengthy as was reference requirements. They paid all job related expenses (ie. Physical, Tb testing, drug testing etc..)

Interview Questions

• none . much easier than interview for full time position as a staff nurse   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was clueless, know your wanted by many companies so negotiate and get what you deserve. even if they say no at first most companies will call you the next day and work it out (so I have heard) I am too passive aggressive to do this. Plus I am loyal to my recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onward Healthcare (Wilton, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, had a phone interview, and went for a 2 hour face to face interview which included mock e-mails, questions, and a math test. They offered me the job on the spot which I accepted the next day.

Right when I accepted the job she said hopefully I would be able to start the following Tuesday, however it just depended on how fast I could go and get a drug test. I was happy to go and do it that day. However a couple hours later she called me back and said I actually would not start on Tuesday, but it would most likely be the following week and said that she would keep in touch.

They dragged this on for two weeks in which I talked to them about five times and not once did she even mention that anything was wrong just that they were not sure when I could start. I met this girl multiple times so I felt that I could kind of trust her and just thought maybe they were really busy with other things.

On February 14, 2013 I received an email that basically said Happy Valentines Day...sorry we actually are not hiring anymore. No explanation, no phone call, no sincere apology... and what makes matters even worse I moved from MA to CT for this job (which they knew I was doing) and I even declined another job offer because I believed I had a job with Onward Healthcare.

So I start my job search back up the day after I received that e mail saying that they changed their minds and do not need any more recruiters, and I see that they posted on February 15 that they were hiring for that exact position, so they also lied to me.

Extremely unprofessional...I am very happy I did not end up at a company like this.

Interview Questions

• The surprise math test, even though it was not hard it would have been nice of them to let me know EVERYTHING the interview entailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating